• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Your Gen VI Shiny Pokémon

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years
  • My shiny luck is (slowly) returning. I caught a shiny Nosepass from a horde. I raged when a crit happened, but it hung on with Sturdy, letting me catch it without further trouble. A few days after that (and just yesterday), I caught a shiny Drifloon. I was so afraid of KOing it that I spammed Poke Balls and Great Balls at it until one of them finally caught it.

sCam

Killing is a pleasure
    Years
    • ny
    • Seen Dec 18, 2016
    was filling up my pokedex by leveling the mons with exp share in Victory Road cave..
    I'm just watching pokemon/movies while im doing this with the ds volume down..so im here ready to moon blast this druddigon..but as im looking at the screen the diagonal camera comes off of sylveon, and i see this drudigon is green/orange..proceeds to throw duskballs at it and caught it..
    been in this cave for 4 - 6 hours..so im not that supprised i got a shiny..i just want the oval charm to produce eggs faster, and i got lucky i guess.

When my sis comes back from australia, ill be able to upload pics..till now all i have is stories..but as of now..I've already ran into 3 shinies on my own.. 2 in friend safari, and now this drudigon. Feels nice though.

FlamingRage

Can you feel my rage?
    Years
    • Seen Feb 19, 2015
    I read about tipping raising your chances, so I dropped around 20'000 in tips at the chatue. I got not one, but two shiny torchics in the first 3 boxes of them. It was using the Masuda method, but still, I've never gotten that lucky before.

HUF_DBC

Man I am having the worst luck trying to get a shiny charizard. I've done normal breeding, Masuda method, and now I'm trying my luck at friend safari. God help me!

XoX Dashie XoX

XoX Dashie XoX
    Years
  • So far ive gotten 2 shinys 1 i sent all my pokemon to my friend so i could restart the game and then he wanted to do the same so i had to catch 70 pokemon to trade for his and my pokemon and i got lucky and ran into a shiny pikachu then i got my most favorite shiny pokemon ever today using the masuda method i got me a shiny charmander at exactly egg 211 and now its a shiny charizard and both shiny mega y and x are beautiful

sCam

Killing is a pleasure
    Years
    • ny
    • Seen Dec 18, 2016
    ugh this ******** man...yesterday i traded my shiny dunsparce for a regular ditto..dont ask me why..i was intoxicated..and found out about the new way to breed 5 iv pokemon in around 20 -30 mins..so i was in desperate need for a timid natured ditto to breed for a timid deino..

I just ran into another shiny dunsparce while leveling up my zwellious in the normal safari with audino..just my luck..because this same safari has eevee in it, and i never get a shiny eevee.

besides i did what that dude did who said he tipped 20k in battle cheatau, maybe that's why i got two shinies today in a matter of 1-2 hours apart. but the druddigon i got was before i tipped.

maybe dunsparce just loves me i guess ahaha.

Pr3

Years
  • How I traded my first three Shiny Pokemon.

My 1st shiny was Snubbull
    My 2nd shiny right after was Eevee
    My 3rd shiny was Heracross from a random Pokemon trade.

Eevee - traded for Shiny Honedge.
    Heracross - traded for Shiny Trapinch
    Shiny Trapinch & Snubbull - traded for Shiny Charizard + Charizard x mega stone

So in the end, I ended up with a Shiny Aegislash & Shiny Charizard. How'd I do?

I plan to keep going. Trading is fun :D.

Years
    • Seen Mar 7, 2023
    After like a day of non stop chain, i finally managed to get a shiny Croakung. It's nature isn't correct, but who cares, i don't plain to use it anyway...And before the Croakung, i've never had a chain shiny =]

Superjub

Pokémon Aureolin
    Years
  • I just found this pretty lady in the Friend Safari! :D

Spoiler:

It only took me 3 days. xD

Some info:
    Nature: Lax (+Def - Sp Def) "Relatively superior potential."
    31 IVs in Attack and Sp Def.
    Nature: Rock Head (> Solid Rock when it evolves.)

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Mar 7, 2023
    After like a day of non stop chain, i finally managed to get a shiny Croakung. It's nature isn't correct, but who cares, i don't plain to use it anyway...And before the Croakung, i've never had a chain shiny =]

Just managed to get a shiny Slowpoke, it looks lighter than the normal one only...Was expecting something better tho =/

Years
    • Seen Nov 4, 2013
    First shiny was a Ralts! :D So excited when I first saw it! Now it's a beautiful Gardevoir that turns into a kick ass Mega shiny Gardevoir :D

Sparkle_Dog

Pkmn Breeder & Berry Farmer
    Years
  • Wow, I just caught a shiny Rufflet in a friend safari! It was purely chance. I thought I'd catch some Rufflets, since I'd traded mine--and wouldn't you believe it I stumbled upon a shiny on my second encounter!

It's about time I struck luck. lol I was getting jealous of hearing about everyone else catching shinies. :P

Update: About 3 Futurama episodes later I caught a shiny Growlithe in the safari. I just kept running through the grass and fleeing from battles until a shiny appeared.

Last edited:
    Years
  • Looking to trade my shiny machamp with someone. I've gotten bored having done practically everything in the game, so i want to restart but keep my shiny. For me it's always been one shiny per game, so i want to restart to hopefully reset my odds. Anyone willing to trade?

Years
    • Seen Mar 7, 2023
    Doesn't feel like quoting my last two posts. However, after the Slowpoke chain i managed to get more 2 shinies, all by chaining.

Those are Exeggcute and swirlix. With those i got already 5 shinies. (Ditto; Croakung; Slowpoke ; Exeggcute ; Swirlix).

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen May 11, 2023
    Just got a shiny Clawitzer from fish chaining, yay! Was searching for a shiny Relicanth since it's my favourite shiny of all and that little red cutie happened to pop up. He was my 2nd or 3rd Pokémon fished up in a row though, so I don't think the chaining had much to do with him being shiny. I'm still chuffed though, may well have to use him! It's a shame about the Lonely nature haha.

Raichupacabra

Villain
    Years
  • I got a Budew on my first day of playing the game (the 21st). Then in the weekend I got Vanillite and Relicanth (both being obtained in under two/three hours). And today I got a shiny Phantump.

Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen May 19, 2021
    My first Gen VI shiny was a shiny Murkrow I came across in a horse battle! It was three in the morning and I really wanted to shout from surprise but my mom was sleeping, lol. I'm working hatching a shiny Tyrunt, but I haven't had any luck. I even tried that shiny fishing chaining method, but that wasn't worked for me yet, either. :\

Back