• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Your Gen VI Shiny Pokémon

El Diabeetus

Amateur Voice Actor / ROM Editor ('Hacker')
Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Jun 10, 2020
    Hatched a Clawtizer about a week or two ago. Nicknamed it Zoidberg. Been trying to get a Shiny Protean Froakie.

Years
    • Seen Oct 5, 2023
    Hit the dirty thirty earlier this week with a shiny Tangela. I'm currently at 32 shinies and counting... I wonder to myself if this is even fun anymore (it's not).

After I beat the E4 my original plan was to get some Dittos with good IVs and start breeding a flawless version of Red's Team. In the process I came across shiny Teddiursa and Loudred. Realizing it was meant to be, I ditched breeding (for now) and went shiny hunting. A shameful month later I pulled out with a boxfull plus 2 extras. I don't know why more people aren't pushing the Friend Safari over the Masuda Method (for Pokemon you can catch in Safari), but oh well. It does take a long time, often feeling futile, but the odds must be better and ultimately the time spent less, or so it seems to me. My shinies are:

Frogadier, Pikachu X2, Tropius x4, Teddiursa x2, Hoothoot, Chansey, Ditto, Zebstrika, Ivysaur x2, Tangela, Charmeleon, Braixen, Wartortle x3, Audino, Gogoat, Quagsire x2, Dunsparce x3, Octillary, Poliwhirl, Farfetch'd, and Loudred (I think that's all of them).

I'll post pictures later if anyone wants to see... my girlfriend's confiscated the DS for now, for obvious reasons = C.

My pride and joys are the Kanto Starters, all having good natures and abilities. I started Synchronizing for better natures after the first 5 or so, which was a wise move. One of the Pikachus is pretty good too (as good as Pikachu can be), and of course, Shiny Timid Protean Frogadier was a nice but cumbersome plus. The rest aren't quite as competitive. All of them were caught in the Friend Safari (which is kinda dumb for Octillary and Poliwhirl, but oh well).

Years
    • Seen Dec 7, 2013
    Im on the shiny pokemon hunt now
    Anybody need a ice safari?

FC-2938-5811-5298

Z25

Team Player
    Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Aug 27, 2023
    I caught a shiny breloom today after a half hour of searching! It's named shroomwarrior.

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
  • I got my first Pokeradar shiny a day back. Was a shiny Pancham, which was also Adamant and with Mold Breaker (hurrah for a Synchronise Ralts). Hit a chain of 40 fairly easily, have to say, so that went well.

Years
    • Seen Apr 5, 2015
    Since my Dedenne shiny in Friend Safari the other day, I have been searching endlessly for days to try and find another Friend Safari shiny. Must have racked up about 3,000 RE's over the weekend so far. Really hoping I get one soon. That'd bring me up to 3 shinies.

I'm in an Audino, Eevee and Teddiursa FS, all three I wouldn't mind getting as a shiny so fingers crossed.

Years
  • I have 2 Shiny Pokemon! I got my Pidgey (now Pidgeot) 30 minutes into the game and I got Lombre (Now Ludicolo) at the Pokemon Village! I have never caught a Shiny in previous games.

Years
    • Seen Dec 8, 2013
    Shortly after getting the game, my sister called and warned me about Flabebe. She said she had just about wasted all of her pokeballs because of the different flower colors. I think my third or fourth encounter with Flabebe, and I ran into one with a purple-ish body (yellow flower).

So far it's my only shiny this Gen (not surprising since it brings my total of wild-found shinies up to a whopping 2), but I won't complain.

I'm currently trying for a shiny Goomy using the Masuda Method. Just over 60 eggs and no luck so far... but I'm stubborn, so we'll see.

Z25

Team Player
    Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Aug 27, 2023
    YES!!!! I finally got my shiny hawlucha, i decided to finish up the box i had with them today and the 1st egg i got had shiny hawlucha!

Years
    • Seen May 6, 2023
    I just just trying to catch some good natured female houndoom when suddenly I encountered a horde and I found a shinny male Nosepass! I wasn't even shiny hunting! it just appeared!

Cebreus

Anime Figure Collector~♪
    Years
  • After so many hours hunting in a Fairy Safari, I finally managed to get myself a Shiny Mawile, was so happy about this, spent ages trying to find one!

Also tried out the Pokeradar for the first time, managed to get myself a shiny Zoroark & a shiny Noctowl! (Wanted one ever since Generation II!), Also got a shiny Gothitelle to complete the set :)

Shiny Mawile
    Spoiler:

Shiny Zoroark
    Spoiler:

Shiny Noctowl
    Spoiler:

Shiny Gothitelle
    Spoiler:

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jul 9, 2014
    I got a Shiny Relicanth and a Shiny Seaking by fishing and a Shiny Diggersby from Friend Safari xD

Also , if you got any interest i may trade them with you by other shinies , just let me know :P

Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    Uft:
    Shinies
    Alomomola lv 35 hasty male
    Chinchou lv 25 calm female
    Poliwhirl lv30 adamant female
    Octillery lv 35 relaxed female

Wanted:
    Shinies, pokerus and 5iv pokemon

Fc: 4253-3801-3975 (rock)

Years
    • Seen Jul 23, 2016
    I found a shiny Weepinbell, Skorupi, Wingull and Durant by pure chance; i wasn't even hunting for shinies when i encountered any of them. I see it as karma, since the only shinies i'd found before this generation were a Drowzee in Gold and a Wooper in HeartGold :P

Years
  • I found a gender confused shiny and Timid (thank you Synchronizer) Kirlia yesterday night, who will become a pretty bride anyway, and today I stumbled upon a shiny Dedenne while searching for Mawile.

He's adorable, I might post a picture later.

I also got very lucky a few days ago while I was just breeding a few Honedges for a trade... I saw the red sword on the 8~ish egg and I was like no way, you're kidding me... squeeee!

So she has 4 perfect IV's too! I'm glad, since I wanted to try the Masuda Method for this Pokemon sometime, but I didn't think I would get the shiny so soon.

Back