• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Your hardest battle

Basculin

Dragonite Fan
Years
  • Elesa was HARD, too. o.o
    I actually beat everyone, including Ghetsis, with my Dragonite, Emboar, and Piloswine. x)

Oryx

CoquettishCat
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 30, 2015
    The reason Ghetsis was so hard for a lot of folks is because immediately after you finish with N, he comes in. It's not like you expect it or have time to go to the Pokecenter. It was seriously random and Cheren wasn't around to help heal your pokemon. It's great you didn't have trouble with Ghetsis, but as for me, I actually blacked out for the first time in the game with him. I didn't know he was gonna come busting in, with a tough Hydreigon...

Not to mention I've noticed this time around the NPCs have a lot of crit hits, and avoid a lot of your attacks.

Well, to be fair, your Pokemon are healed when you go into the fight. But there's also the fact that his Pokemon are 50-54, while the Elite Four are 48-50. So if you don't read ahead into the plot online and know that he's coming, you're trained to fight level 50 Pokemon, not a level 54 Dark/Dragon.

Years
  • Well, to be fair, your Pokemon are healed when you go into the fight. But there's also the fact that his Pokemon are 50-54, while the Elite Four are 48-50. So if you don't read ahead into the plot online and know that he's coming, you're trained to fight level 50 Pokemon, not a level 54 Dark/Dragon.

Were they? I don't remember that. Even still, it's pretty random. At least for me, I had no idea he was coming. And he was like, "move aside, stupid N! I'm the bad---motha" shut yo mouth. Seriously, it was completely random. I tried to not read ahead at all into the story, and was I ever glad to give him 6000 Pokeyen for the privilege of going back to the computer to re-heal.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 30, 2015
    Were they? I don't remember that. Even still, it's pretty random. At least for me, I had no idea he was coming. And he was like, "move aside, stupid N! I'm the bad---motha" shut yo mouth. Seriously, it was completely random. I tried to not read ahead at all into the story, and was I ever glad to give him 6000 Pokeyen for the privilege of going back to the computer to re-heal.

Yeah, I think N healed you or something. I remember freaking out because I assumed I would be fighting N, but then afterwards, I had 3 fainted Pokemon and Ghetsis was running at me and I was like "oh sh--" but then my Pokemon were healed when I went into battle.

Yeah, at first I freaked out when the Sages seemed like they were going to come after you one after the other, then that didn't happen, so I half assumed that when Ghetsis started to act like he was going to fight you, N was going to stop him and fight him himself for ruining his childhood, using him, etc...but no, lol.

I also blacked out and went to the Pokecenter, stocked up on items, trained a bit more, then went back.

Years
  • Yeah, I think N healed you or something. I remember freaking out because I assumed I would be fighting N, but then afterwards, I had 3 fainted Pokemon and Ghetsis was running at me and I was like "oh sh--" but then my Pokemon were healed when I went into battle.

Yeah, at first I freaked out when the Sages seemed like they were going to come after you one after the other, then that didn't happen, so I half assumed that when Ghetsis started to act like he was going to fight you, N was going to stop him and fight him himself for ruining his childhood, using him, etc...but no, lol.

I also blacked out and went to the Pokecenter, stocked up on items, trained a bit more, then went back.

Haha yep. That's exactly what I thought! The part with N fighting him. I would've preferred that lol. I almost got kinda scared fighting Ghetsis. Don't laugh at me! He's seriously freaky. And just seems like pure evil. It seems this guy made a lot of people black out. Yay I wasn't the only one. :p

JacOat12

A red dragon with a nice hat
    Years
  • I honstly don't see why people have trouble with Ghetsis. I personally found N to be the harder fight to deal with, since I almost lost against him. My pokemon were ranging from 48-52 at the time though...

Also, most of the trainers with the 20+ level pokemon after the E4 didn't really give me much trouble either... except for one guy and his freakin' Lapras. It hit me with 5 Sheer Cold's in a row...

Twilight-kun

Pokémon World Champion
    Years
    • Seen Jul 27, 2023
    The reason Ghetsis was so hard for a lot of folks is because immediately after you finish with N, he comes in. It's not like you expect it or have time to go to the Pokecenter. It was seriously random and Cheren wasn't around to help heal your pokemon. It's great you didn't have trouble with Ghetsis, but as for me, I actually blacked out for the first time in the game with him. I didn't know he was gonna come busting in, with a tough Hydreigon...

strange, after fighting N, my team was fully healed...

I'm amazed that people don't seem to realize that his dragon is seriously under leveled...they should be REJOICING that it wasn't level 64

Ice Breath>Critical Hit>One Hit KO for me

And Cynthia actually scared me
    as soon as you step into her house, you hear that epic piano...since my team was ten levels weaker then hers, I'm glad you could say "No" to her battle
    now, if only we could do the same against trainers...

Years
    • Seen May 17, 2016
    I'm glad someone else has noticed the ridiculous number of critical hits the computer trainers seem to score. Honestly, the only times my Pokemon have ever fainted in Black and White have been through ridiculous crits. It's actually fairly rare for me to fight a trainer with 3 or more Pokemon without being critted at least once.

Years
  • i beat ghetsis first time he wasn't to hard but hes got tough pokemon!!! a few of the victory road trainers stuck out as being particularly hard but they were easily put in their place by my pokemon :-)

RYOUKI

survive the world.
    Years
  • And Cynthia actually scared me
    as soon as you step into her house, you hear that epic piano...since my team was ten levels weaker then hers, I'm glad you could say "No" to her battle
    d(^_^) This.

I was scared since I was just wandering around, but yeah, thank god for the No option.

My hardest battle was Elesa. Stupid Emolga alternating with Volt Switch. And yeah, this time trainers are more unchallenging than the previous one. I never had trouble with the E4 + N + Ghetsis.
    (・_・ ) ( ・_・)

Smiley post count: 9

Oryx

CoquettishCat
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 30, 2015
    And Cynthia actually scared me

I didn't know she was so high level, not even who she was (never beat DPPt), so I just said yes...at level 50-55... ._.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023
    Ghetsis was the pain for me. It was mainly because I didn't have a Fighting or Ice move to take down that Hydreigon of his the first time around, and when I could've won I blacked out because I attacked instead of healed. Should have healed. xD;

Second time was easier though, thanks to Reuniclus and my awesome idea of teaching it Focus Blast. Best choice I made in that game. ;^;

Queen of Darkness

Ikuto!!!!
    Years
  • Ghetis and N were fairly easy for me...since all my pokemon were faster than his pokemon...
    Shauntal, and Caitlin were by far the most hardest ones I've faced so far...

Weavile05

Currently Hacking BW
    Years
  • N>Ghetsis
    It was probably because
    1. I chose not to use Zekrom against N
    2. Ghetsis' Hydreigon (after KOing my scrafty once) missed THREE times with Focus Blast while I was healing Scrafty back up and switching it back in.

Basculin

Dragonite Fan
    Years
  • Ghetis and N were fairly easy for me...since all my pokemon were faster than his pokemon...
    Shauntal, and Caitlin were by far the most hardest ones I've faced so far...

OMG Shauntal was just.....ugh.
    O__O
    Caitlin was pretty easy.
    Ghetsis' Hydreigon was easy for me! *pets my beautiful Piloswine with Blizzard*

Spanner226

Millefiore Mechanic
    Years
    • Seen Aug 25, 2011
    On my second run-through of pokemon Black...Ghetsis, though the only hard part of him was Hydreigon.

Cynthia....not so much; I was able to sweep her entire team with my lvl 85 Lilligant.

The Nightmare

"I fight for what I belive in"
    Years
  • The people that were really annoying was Ghetsis and Cynthia because with Ghetsis I keep on dying with his hydreion and with Cynthia I keep dieing with lucario and garchomp that had powerful attacks but I managed to defeat them.

Years
  • I was going to say Ghetsis, but I just remembered this one Battle Subway battle. I was doing Doubles, and he completely swept my team with a Bouffalent. I was literally swearing at my DSi.

Back