• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Your least favourite move?

Lysander

girl power ftw
Years
  • Are there any moves that you particularly dislike? I have one move that I hate: Focus Blast, because despite it's low accuracy, I genuinely can't remember it ever missing when used against me. I remember battling Lucien on Pokémon Platinum recently, and his Alakazam landed 5 Focus Blasts in a row.

PageEmp

No money puns. They just don’t make cents.
    Years
  • In general: Double team. Only worked once in my favour I believe, and only once. And when the opponent has it.... yeah.

Attacking move: Mud bomb. It is just so useless beyond words. 65 power and only 10PP? And not even full accuracy? And I don't think I've ever gotten an accuracy drop on the opponent whenever it hit. It doesn't help that nearly everything that has this are either physical or mixed attackers so there are almost always better options. What even is it anyway? I would like to know what the creators were smoking when they programmed this useless move into the game. Just use Earth power instead.

Annoyance: Thunder wave. If you've played Glazed where everything has it in the first quarter of the game you'll understand.

Adam Levine

[color=#ffffff][font="Century Gothic"]I have tried
    Years
  • Last Resort. Extremely situational, and still unusable if it's the only move your Pokémon has.

Years
  • healing wish. was supposed to win one match in pokemon showdown, i was down to two pokemon and the opponent was down to one but i misclicked and i accidentally chose healing wish. my pokemon fainted and i was down to my last pokemon... a shuckle. all it had was sticky web, stealth rock, toxic, and encore(?). i lost...

that happened almost two years ago but i'll never forget about it ;-;

VisionofMilotic

Ekans' attack continues!
    Years
  • Take down.

It is about as inaccurate as they come, and in the event it hits it doesn't do anything unusual. I would expect an inaccurate move to be high risk/high reward. It could miss, but if it hits it deals 100+ damage like High Jump Kick, Mega Horn, maybe some nasty side effects on top of it like Aero Blast or Fire Blast. All of the above have as good or better accuracy than take down.

There is no incentive to use this move. It is just a normal type move that deals average damage. If the accuracy issues and modest damage weren't deterrent enough, you receive a recoil too. If you want a normal type move and are content hurting yourself then just use Double Edge, it at least does much more damage and won't miss at least.

Xherdan

Bad at Good Games
    Years
  • Adding to Milotic's comment but preserving the chosen move, I propose that Slam is the most unnecessary move EVER.

A Normal-type move weaker than Take Down/Body Slam/Uproar and with an accuracy worse than moves like Stone Edge and Fire Blast.

75% accuracy and no secondary effects to make up for how horrible this move is.

Years
  • Have really bad experiences with confusion-inducing moves like Supersonic and Confuse Ray, so those primarily. :< Any moves that lower accuracy too ugh. nothing really sticks out atm but i'm sure i'll remember more as i replay the games??? haha

Years
  • I had no idea that Memento was a move until getting it through Metronome, and it's a terrible move. Even if you set it up perfectly, all it does is drop your opponent's attack and special attack by 2, at the cost of your own Pokemon. For a minor inconvenience to your opponent, it really isn't worth it.

Years
    • Seen Mar 23, 2019
    In terms of moves I have to counter, I particularly hate minimise due to how god-awful it is trying to land a hit on something like, say, a muk that's somehow stacked up two or three and is now virtually untouchable.

2Fruit

Aka 2Fruit
    Years
    • Seen Apr 1, 2019
    Probably Supersonic for me. All those times in johto having Zubat stun my poor Chikorita. It's a 55% accurate move that always hits when a wild pokemon uses it but always misses when you use it.

Jacobliterator

Protector of Mr Saturns
    Years
  • Probably Constrict. 10 Power and a very low chance of lowering speed is pathetic. Even Bubble does the same thing with twice the power.

PageEmp

No money puns. They just don’t make cents.
    Years
  • Playing with the randomisers has also made me lose respect for a lot of overpowered moves. Any of the 'ultimate moves', Aeroblast, Hydro cannon, Drago meteor, Psycho boost, etc. I wouldn't use them because I prefer using stuff like Surf and Air slash but whenever the opponent has it it gets annoying.

Last edited:

Whim

king of weirdtropolis
    Years
  • I can't say I hate a move, but I kind of despise strategies based around the use of Double Team and Minimize, because of how it undertakes the value of a match only to sheer luck. Also, 100% chance confusing moves like Confuse Ray (Swagger almost there too) for pretty much the same reason (Zubat/Golbat, I'm looking at you).

EmTheGhost

I say a lot of words
    Years
  • Mud Sport just - makes me irrationally angry. The Pokemon who learn it are almost all Ground types! Electric moves don't affect them anyway! Argh!

Drayton

Chilled Dude of The Elite Four
    Years
    • He/They/Them
    • Seen Feb 21, 2024
    Blizzard and their element variants, Expect that Blizzard and Thunder needs proper setup for higher accuracy and Fire blast is among them that doenst get accuracy bonus on weather effects and these 3 have raw power, but low accucuracy.

Focus Blast, raw power and same like the element blasts; They have very low accuracy it often times misses and often wont miss

Confuse Ray, Thunder Wave and Super Sonic these moves are just troublesome to deal with

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
  • - Mud Sport and Water Sport. Great in contests! But otherwise... never had a use for it
    - Constrict, goodness it is weak
    - Razor Wind. The charge up for a not-very-strong move 2nd turn is a killer for this.

Not Splash because that's the whole point of it. :V

BH

Canine pokemon fan
    Years
  • -Thunder wave : Does absolutly nothing other than paralyzing your pokemon
    -Swagger : Um why it is even in pokemon games? It does nothing effective
    -Leer/Growl/Harden : Smokescreen is actually a better move than those moves
    -String shot : no comment
    -Moves who deals minimum damage in one turn (other than whilrpool) : WTF game freak?

Sorry for my english

Back