• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Your List of Generation/Regions in order of favoritism?

Favorite Generation/Region?

• Total voters

J2a1m1i2e

Moon Princess In Training
    Years
    1)Hoenn - I just love the third gens games, full stop. <3
    2)Johto - Whenever I play a game with Johto, I just love the way the region is layed out and it's design
    3)Unova - Unova oh Unova... Some of the best graphics seen in the series in my opinion (I was hoping for Hoenn in these graphics, but oh well...), and you were a vary varied land, with mountains, oceans, volcanoes, forests, rivers, lakes, moors and more...
    4)Kanto - It was the beginning region, so it deserves a little credit...
    5)Kalos - While some regions I felt were often too linear (*cough* Unova *cough*), but for me, Kalos was too... not linear? Oh why can't they pace out a region like Sinnoh anymore...
    6)Sinnoh - I do like the Sinnoh games, don't get me wrong but the art style in DPPt for me were TERRIBLE! They make the game completely un-replayable for me, and even though it has many, many redeeming points, the art style means a lot to me, so no, ah ba-bye!

Years
    • Seen Jul 2, 2023
    1. Johto: I've always loved GSC, and Johto seems, on the whole, more rural to me than Kanto. I could imagine wanting to live in the mountains of Johto, or in some of the forested areas to the south (if I didn't need to worry about job availability and the like).

2: Kanto: Johto and Kanto are definitely superior to the others in my mind. Kanto is where it all began for me, and I've always loved visiting Kanto. I would like to see Kanto in XY graphics, either as more remakes or (perhaps preferably) as a new game that starts in a fully-fleshed-out Kanto and then goes to a complete Johto (i.e., the reverse of GSC, but without cutting out any elements; perhaps it could be set before RBY).

3: Sinnoh: There's a big drop for me after the first two, but I like the variety of Sinnoh, including the snowy regions. I liked Hoenn too, but it was a little too tropical for my taste.

4: Hoenn: Despite it's tropical feel, and the negative feelings I associate with R/S in some ways for rebooting the series and blocking my access to my Gold Pokemon, I've come to appreciate the beauty and diversity of Hoenn over time. I'm excited about seeing it in XY graphics.

5: Kalos: Another drop between 4 and 5. I liked the diversity of Kalos, but I felt like it could have been more expansive. Some of the environments were pretty spectacular, though.

6: Unova: I like parts of Unova, but I'm just not that fond of it overall.

Years
    • Seen Nov 4, 2017
    1. Sinnoh
    2. Hoenn
    3. Johto
    4. Kanto
    5. Unova
    6. Kalos

Sinnoh is the most beautiful of all the regions in the Pokemon Games.

Years
    I'm not going to go by region here and instead by generation, as it makes things easier for me:
    1. Gen III
    2. Gen I
    3. Gen VI
    4. Gen I
    5. Gen II
    6. Gen V
    • Gen III is the generation that I started Pokémon, so naturally it holds a dear place in my heart. On top of that, you have Hoenn, my favorite region because it hit the sweetspot as far how many Pokémon it had (designs felt lackluster afterwards) and because it has the most different set of versions with both Aqua and Magma, among other reasons; it had Kanto, which was amazing because it was the first reboot and Kanto was an awesome reason; and it had the only story-driven console games of all the generations. It was perfect.
    • Gen I one is on here for nostalgia reasons. Even though they weren't my first games, they made me feel nostalgic playing it for the first time. It takes a lot to make you feel nostalgic for a game you've never played.
    • Sinnoh and especially Unova felt like they were deviating a little from what make me enjoy Pokémon for some reason, and Kalos came back and made Pokémon feel like it was before Sinnoh, which is much better from the path they were going down. Plus, Hoenn remakes. Gen V missed a huge oppurtunity to do those.
    • Gen IV is on here ahead of Gen II only because it had Johto remakes. I like DPPt as much as I do GSC because GSC wasn't as nostalgic as RBY and because Sinnoh started to head the series in a darker direction, so they had about equal flaws to me, but when Johto became Gen IV as well, Gen IV takes the cake.
    • Gen II is just here because I couldn't bring myself to put anything below Gen V on this list. I hardly played GSC, and is the only generation of which I do not actually own a game, but I know its better than BW(2).
    • To me, Gen V sucked. Hard. Nintendo took a risk, which they are normally good at making work, but this one bombed. The only thing that made me realize it was a Pokémon game were the bare basics of gyms and training, and even then they refused to put in a normal champion and instead chose to make the champion two people who were each part of the villain team. The plot was overbearing and in and of itself challenged the fact that Pokémon like people, essentially asking people like PETA to criticize it. And I realize that Pokémon from all generations are based on weird things and I am fine with them introducing things like Vanillish and Trubbish, but overall, very few of the Pokémon gave out the same charm that Pokémon like Grimer and even Klefki give off, one that give off a Pokémon "vibe". They just didn't feel the same way to me as Pokémon from Gen I-III and VI feel.

Years
    • Seen Feb 8, 2015
    I haven't played a Gen III or VI game yet, so I can't really rank Hoenn or Kalos, but for what I have played...

1) Johto
    2) Kanto
    3) Unova
    4) Sinnoh

I started out in Gen I, but what really sold me on the series was Gen II. I loved the Pokemon in the region, along with the different Gym Leaders.

Sefuree

Canada Goose
    Years
    What are your favorite generations?

Hey! I'm making a pokemon rom hack (you can find it in the team room under "Team Crystal Clear")

I'm not adding any pokemon so im replacing them!

so, what are your favorite generations?

*NOTE* since i need 3 gens, you can vote for 3 generations each (please don't choose more than 3)

Last edited:
    Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    Hi TheRealOCD, since there already was a very similar thread in Pokémon Polls, I merged yours with this one. Hopefully the results from this poll can give you something to go on in your hack!

Back