• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

2nd Gen Your Moment in the GB games that you that you thought your game was broken.

yaminokaitou

りゅうのマスター
Years
  • Dude how old were you?
    And if it was me i would of punched that kid in the face/
    also does it work now?
    I was in 5th or 6th grade. This happened with the original red. It does work now, though it's still a little glitchy and I lost that file save. It was pretty cool while it lasted though. My snorlax had fly and my clefairy had fire blast. All the attacks and stats got messed up.

I didn't punch him in the face for it. I didn't want to face detention.

Wings Don't Cry

Maybe she's born with it
    Years
  • Other than that, my crystal deleted itself and stopped saving for a month then miraculously started again. I figure there was something loose or something, I dunno.

That happened on my Silver is well, the first time was when I went to the Ghost Tower in Lavender Town and I couldn't figure out why I couldn't attack the ghost(I was very little I could barely understand what I was reading).

Brendonwii

Gooby pls
    Years
  • Oh yeah heres another one teaching pokemon crappy moves and wondering why they sucked!
    This was when i first got red I was 5 and illiterate lol.
    Btw reading over your posts reminded me of other one's.
    Also im typing this on my wii!

.:Kanto:.

I'm back, yet again!
    Years
  • When I turned on my Gameboy SP and there was no sound at all. Pokemon Yellow was in there, and I thought it was broken, but I tried another game.. turns out the Gameboy was broken... ten times worse. =|

Years
    • Seen Aug 29, 2015
    Well, to this day I'm convinced I caught the Ghost Marowak... but other than that, I was an extremely smart 3 year old I guess. As in, the only troubles with poison I ever had was the whole Pokemon Centers having 4 tiles from the door to the Nurse, and my Squirtle had 1 hp left walking inside. Yay! >.<

aka_Pyro

PKMN Trainer
    Years
  • First time I played red I was a dumb little kid and my super-cool-awesome Pidgy I just caught got poisoned. The screen did the poison thing it always does when you walk around in the overworld while poisoned and I was like 'Mooooom! My game is broken!!!!' then I healed it and felt like an idiot.

Other than that, my crystal deleted itself and stopped saving for a month then miraculously started again. I figure there was something loose or something, I dunno.

My moments of ignorance were when my brand new game boy color's batteries finally started to die once I reached the SS Anne in Vermilion on my Yellow version when I was 9, and also when the batteries started dying again when I was in the Power Plant.

In Silver, I thought there was something wrong when I defeated Red for the first time at Mt. Silver and ended up somewhere else in the region entirely (I think in my room in New Bark Town) afterwards.

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jan 28, 2019
    When it would shut off each time I walked thru the leagues door. And it still does that :[

Years
  • First Gen: When I first beat the Elite Four, and the town music started playing at this creepy half-speed. I was like "Sweet, I beat the--AAAAAHHHH!!"

Second Gen: I killed this Rapidash with my Typhlosion at Mt. Silver, and I go to heal it... the nurse tells me my Pokemon has been infected! I didn't know at the time that Pokerus was actually beneficial so I was totally afraid to play it for a while, and word around the school was that in G/S Pokemon could actually die for real so I was even more averse to playing it. The Typhlosion healed in a day or two, and I promptly hid it in a box until I learned what had happened.

spike6958

TCG Collector
    Years
    • Age 35
    • UK
    • Seen Apr 30, 2021
    The only time I ever thought my Pokemon game was broken, it was.

My Pokemon Crystal, with all 251 Pokemon (Got a legit Mew and Celebi while on holiday in Japan) I turned it on, loaded my save and it crashed, turned it off and on again and my save file had gone, Crystal has never been played since.

XxDawnfanxX

The stubborn Pokemon Trainer
    Years
  • It was weird, I was system linking with my cousin as we were battling in Pokemon Blue/Red I owned his Pidgey and he threw his gameboy, so the link popped out and randomly it still said we were battling and his fainted Pidgey came back out and I used sand attack and it K/Oed it again then the screen went blank and I thought my game was broken, being a kid I thought I was gonna cry. A minute later, a message came up saying it was disconnected and everything ran fine again.

colcolstyles

Yours truly
    Years
  • A long time ago, I used to have this strap thing which attached to my GameBoy Color so that I could wear my it around my neck. I remember that I was running by a stream with my GameBoy around my neck and I must have spun too quickly because my GameBoy went flying off and into the stream. I was freaking out but I managed to fish the GameBoy out of the stream. When I turned it on, the graphics were all weird and glitchy. I can't remember much but I do know that I had my Gold Version in the GameBoy and I was in Goldenrod (don't ask me how I know that). It wasn't working for a while and I was really sad but then I removed my batteries and the Gold cartridge, blew on them and proceeded to let them dry out in the air along with the GameBoy and later that day, it was working fine again.
    Still, it was probably one of the scarier moments of my childhood.

Heather

Years
    • Seen Jul 17, 2021
    Lol my story is funny. When I first got gold I couldnt find how to exit my house and I thought my game was broken. Haha funny noob moments.

.Chocolate.

n_n no.
    Years
  • I think that moment happened to me only once and it was basically like this:

Me: Finally got all badges! Now onto Route 27.
    *runs out of repels*
    Me: Argh! I could've got some before I left! D: Damn!
    *unknown, music plays*
    Me: WHAT THE F*** IS THIS SHET?!!! >__< My game is broken!! *is about to throw it against the window, but sees ENTEI*
    Me: ...Hey, you're one of those guys that ran away....HELL YEAH~!

Back