• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Your Most Unforgettable Moment in Pokemon Games

Years
  • The most unforgettable moment that I've ever had in a Pokemon game was when me and my cousin were having a link battle on Gold, and we were both using our Lugias. We ended up battling for over 20 minutes with them because we both kept using Recover, and it went so long that one of our Game Boys actually died mid-battle. It wasn't really my greatest moment, but it probably is my most unforgettable!

moraq06

am I genius? or lucky?
    Years
  • when I beat Red in Crystal with level 50-60 pokemon
    I was totally noob in that time,because that's the first time I'm played pokemon game :)
    I'm even don't know about type strength and weaknesses,etc :/

It's amazing for me :)

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
    Years
  • Facing the Elite Four for the first time in Blue.

Discovering the truck in Vermilion Dock in Blue.

Playing as a girl for the first time in Crystal.

Playing as Leaf for the first time in Leaf Green.

Getting 493/493 Pokedex in Platinum.

Years
  • this was back in 98 with pokemon yellow. me and my friends spend a couple of days with nonstop training of a Jigglypuff so it could evolve, we we're on Brock's Gym still with a lvl. 90 Jigglypuff when we found out how to evolve it. It wasn't as easy to get information at the time and I was only 8 yo. HEH

Oh, trying to use a pokeball when first playing the japanese red version. no ablo japones. hahaha

Last edited:

Calamity

Just for the love of the game.
    Years
    • Seen Nov 10, 2020
    Been so hell-bent on grinding my Pikachu in firered I accidently killed a shiny Zubat. The only shiny I've ever come across in the wild. -__________________-

Ian Watkins

^Is a total tart. X3
    Years
    • Seen Nov 20, 2014
    I think training my Staraptor through so many games, and finally until she became level 100 - my only level 100 that I have trained myself. No rare candies, daycare or hacking. I have had her for about 3 years now, and she is my favorite Pokemon. :3

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
    Years
  • When I was playing Silver back then, my Quagsire was a level 20 (recently evolved), and it was the last one left in my party going against Morty's L25 Gengar. I felt that I had no hope in beating Morty until somehow, Quagsire's water gun managed to beat Gengar completely. Something I will never forget. :)

Dartht33bagger

Only plays Gen I and II
    Years
  • Probably was when I owned my neighbor in a battle. We both had crystal and he had been owning everyone on the street. I walked in and destroyed him.

dawn2cool

One Emotional Rocker
    Years
  • I'll have to say when I was about to beat the champion in pokemon Yellow. I didn't know what to expect when I'd beat the champ, I believed I would basically rule the whole poke world.. then I lost the game and never found out.

That, and training my Typhlosion to level 100 legitimately in Gold.

amd

Years
  • My first level 100, a Zangoose if I remember correctly.
    My first shiny, a Pidgey in FireRed.
    My first and last successful chain to get a shiny, Bidoof at 43.
    Playing Platinum and HeartGold before anyone I know because I imported it. >:D

Years
  • Catching Lugia in SoulSilver, finally getting a Garchomp. Obtaining the National Pokedex, having a Pokemon reach Level 100. Winning a Battle Factory competition and a Battle Tower Tag Battle Competition.

Heart Gold

Jellicent Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Feb 6, 2012
    Mine would be when I first encountered Rayquaza on Emerald. I looked forward to it ever since the beginning.

Strdstwanderer

We'll get to that tomorrow
    Years
  • Getting My First Non-Gyarados Shiny in Platinum

Beating My Friend's Swellow,Walrein, and Typhlosion with only sceptile in a link battle in HG

Beating Blue in Leaf Green

Getting Pikachu In Yellow

Beating Alder in White

Shiro

Dad! Or should I say... Big cheese of Hoshido?
    Years
  • I think the most unforgettable moment in Pokemon for me was arriving in Kanto in Gold. I mean, I kept battling trainers that were like "LOLOLOL YOU'RE IN KANTO NOW" on the way to the first elite 4, but I was just like "wtf wtf is kanto wtfffff were these people smoking slowpoke tail" but then the moment I got to Vermilion City, it hit me that I was in the region I'd grown in love in Yellow. Then at that point I probably peed a little in excitement.

Also more recently, the awe of passing over the bridge to Castelia City in BW.

Years
    • Seen Nov 18, 2017
    My most memorable (and horrible) moment actually happened on SoulSilver. When I battled Lugia by sheer dumb luck, it was shiny. When i realized it my heart stopped and I had to celebrate. So I jumped up out of my chair, dropping my DS, and the game froze. Yeah, I didn't touch that thing for at least 3 weeks. I was devastated. Lol

Also, I got Silver when I was like 7 or 8 and had made it to the champion battle against Lance. I didn't know how to properly raise a team so I had 5 "slaves" and 1 overleveled Meganium. Meganium was out of moves and it defeated 2 of Lance's Dragonites with Struggle. It killed itself and Lance's last pokemon with struggle, luckily I had a "slave" and ended up winning :D I was ecstatic as that was also the first time I had beaten the Pokemon League in a game.

Last edited:

Flamboyant

Girlpowershipping fangirl ♥
    Years
  • My most memorable (and horrible) moment actually happened on SoulSilver. When I battled Lugia by sheer dumb luck, it was shiny. When i realized it my heart stopped and I had to celebrate. So I jumped up out of my chair, dropping my DS, and the game froze. Yeah, I didn't touch that thing for at least 3 weeks. I was devastated. Lol.

LOL @ the Lugia part. XD soooo unfair.

Well, I had a bad experience with Shiny too. I was playing leafgreen, on my way to catch Moltres. Then, on the island, I encountered a shiny tentacool. The thing is, I wasn't even aware of the existence of shinies back then, so I only tought it was some kind of special tentacool you only found at this place in the game. Eventually, I restarted my game and was confused when I couldn't find the "special tentacool" again. When I learned that it was a shiny... damn was I mad xD

Another moment is when me and my friend, back in the 90's, were trying to make my Pikachu evolve. You see, I was mad at Ash and his desire to keep all of is pokemons unevolved. I wanted a damn Raichu following me around, it'd be badass. Well, that's when I had the best idea ever : what if I traded my pikachu to my friend's blue game? Then HE could make it evolve and give it back to me! Did that. No more pokemon following me around. Game saved. Too late. FUUUUUUU

Back