• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Your opinion on the Master Ball

Years
    • Seen Mar 23, 2016
    What do you think about this godly ball? Do you use it? Do you trash it? Do you donate it?

I personally never even use them; they feel to 'cheap' to me, and it drains a lot of the fun out of catching legendaries. When I get them, I usually keep them in my bag forever like the pack rat I am :P

DarkDoom3000

Super Pokemon Eevee Edition
    Years
  • I usually save it for the roaming pokemon if im running a legit game.

if im using a cheat game, i use them to catch every single pokemon.

Years
  • yeah, I save some for the roaming pokemon (legendary beasts & eon duo in Generation III, birds in IV, etc.)
    of course there are ways to stray away from this (arena trap, etc.).
    otherwise, I used a net ball on kyogre :O

and succeeded

feralig8rx

PokeFanatic
    Years
  • I used to use them on the game's main legendary when I was a kid because I didn't know any better, but like others have said I now just save it for roaming Pokes. First I try to catch them with my ball of choice, usually something that matches the Poke color-wise, but if I lose patience I just resort to the Master Ball.

Although, when I was on a quest to complete the Diamond and Pearl Pokedex, I did use the cheat to unlock 999 Master Balls so I could complete the dex quicker ^.^

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • I save the Master Ball for the roamers. I used to use it for the mascots, but I learned to use it for the roamers since they're very hard to catch normally.

Ayutac

Developer who wants your help
    Years
  • I personally never even use them; they feel to 'cheap' to me, and it drains a lot of the fun out of catching legendaries. When I get them, I usually keep them in my bag forever like the pack rat I am :P
    That except for the fact I think it's cheap. I'm just too cheap/miserly myself. So I'm always like "Not now, maybe I need it later."
    Even when there isn't much happening later anyways because all legendarys except for the convention ones are caught.
    And I like the roams. It could be al little bit easier to find them in the first place, but the hunt is fun :D

Master Balls are Game Breakers, even more than legendaries, because these can still be beaten. Just having one is perfect for the game, because you're not sure which Pokémon to catch it with (urgh…). But there should be some possibility to get more after a certain time, like, catching all Pokémons of your area.

Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jun 29, 2019
    I use it mostly if not entirely on roamers but there have been times when I've had to use it on a very tough to catch Pokemon like Giratina O in Platinum for example.

Wings Don't Cry

Maybe she's born with it
    Years
  • I never use the Masterball since in most games I never found a need for it except in Platinum with the Legendary birds as roamers but I just couldn't decide which on to use it on.

That except for the fact I think it's cheap. I'm just too cheap/miserly myself. So I'm always like "Not now, maybe I need it later."
    Even when there isn't much happening later anyways because all legendarys except for the convention ones are caught.
    And I like the roams. It could be al little bit easier to find them in the first place, but the hunt is fun :D

Master Balls are Game Breakers, even more than legendaries, because these can still be beaten. Just having one is perfect for the game, because you're not sure which Pokémon to catch it with (urgh…). But there should be some possibility to get more after a certain time, like, catching all Pokémons of your area.

You get them in the daily lotteries when you have a Pokemon who's OT ID number is an exact match.

Nijiri

Manectric Fangirl.
    Years
  • I almost never use the Master Ball except, like almost everybody here, for roaming Pokemon. When I was younger, I pretty much used the Master Ball on the Pokemon "that looks rare" until I learned the hard way.

~*!*~Tatsujin Gosuto~*!*~

Buffalo State College
    Years
  • After being flustered for many minutes and wasting over 30 Pokemon Balls, I tend to use the Master Ball. But I only get flustered on the Pokemon that are on the cover such as Zekrom, I was really mad when I found out that Zekrom had a high catch rite -_-"

You get them in the daily lotteries when you have a Pokemon who's OT ID number is an exact match.

You have a higher chance of pigs and humans flying than for that to happen in your Pokemon third generation game.

:t354:TG

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
    Years
  • Sometimes I'll use it on a roaming Pokemon, but now more than ever, I've gotten into just catching the roamers the normal way and hoarding my Master Balls and trading them over to my main save file. I have at least five Master Balls in my Platinum, one from that game and the others I traded from other games after play-throughs.

In short, I save them for a rainy day... not that that rainy day has come yet xD

TamerKoh

World of Chaos Super Deluxe...
    Years
    • Seen Apr 5, 2012
    Master Balls are definitely best saved for roaming Pokemon in my opinion. I'm entirely too lazy to chase down one of them, use a single move, just to have them flee and repeat as many times as the Pokeballs fail. If you have an Arena Trap Pokemon, remedies the situation if he/she is well trained, but otherwise it just becomes a hassle.

oocyst

SOFTware
    Years
  • When I was young I always wanted to save it for a special pokemon, even though I got most legendaries already, so I just never used it. Right now like everyone I use it on roaming pokemon, unless I want to have them in a certain ball. I don't like having more than 1 master ball because that's just no fun.

C Payne

Hoenn in 3D!
    Years
    • Va
    • Seen Aug 23, 2014
    I use to use it on Legendaries and all that, but recent games have made the Legends a lot easier to catch(aside from the roamers). Even then, I hesitate to use it for some reason...it always seems like when I think I want to use it, it feels like a bad time. I could have every Legendary but one and still not want to use it on the last.

Truality

Left for good
    Years
    • Seen May 17, 2013
    For roamers, traditionally. I see no reason to keep it on my bag forever as it becomes useless and overrated that way.

Years
  • I usually only use it for the Roamers, however in Leaf Green i caught Suicune with a Poke ball, never be able to do that again.

I usually catch everything with an Ultra Ball. The only time i'd use the Master Ball on a legendary which isn't a roamer is when i'm really irritated by sitting there for half an hour and i've ran out of things to do. TIMER BALLS DO NOT WORK -.-

*coughGroudoncough*

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • I use them on roamers. I have no time to chase them all over the world.

Back