• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Your opinions of B/W Pokémon - Favourites and Least Favourites

Status
Not open for further replies.

Umbrella

Rihanna's The Queen, You Mad?
    Years
    I hate the new Ice Types. But I only use Psychic and Normal types so they don't really impress me anyways :P

otakulily

Pokemon is okay, I guess.
    Years
    • Seen Jul 25, 2014
    I'd use Vaivanilla, but despite his good stats and lulzy design, his movepool sucks... :C

Wait. You mean you can use ice type Pokemon? The ice cream cone guy is pretty cool looking but there's not much he can do with its average defenses and debilitating weaknesses/lack of resistance as an ice type. STAB Ice Beam is nice, but 100% accuracy Blizzard would be nicer. IF ONLY IT HAD SNOW WARNING.

Years
    Lets not argue kids, its Pokemon. :>

Yes, this goes for everyone else too. However, I've read the above posts and noticed you are the one who has been responding to others' opinions, so I just thought I would mention you to simmer down a bit. Even if a person states something to you, disputing back is not a very bright idea. It's okay to comment on what they say, but make sure you don't start an argument and respect their thoughts as well. If it's really bad, just use the report button.

Getting back on topic, to me Shandera is like the new Drifblim. It has suited colors for a chandelier for both shiny and non-shiny form. I like this pokémon; and I could see me having it for my team in the future. It would be great to have them out during Halloween based on the type of pokémon and the colors itself. XD;

I think it's the perfect Halloween pokmon, tbh. Its shiny sprite is one of the best there is, of any generation. Just as good as Swellow's, imo. If my White gets here before Halloween, Im going to catch my Hitomoshi on halloween for the Lulz. :3

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years

In other news...

Does anyone like the new Ice types? I am disappoint they're all pure Ice, but I like both Vaivanilla and Tsunbear, but not Freezio (too weird-looking).

I'd use Vaivanilla, but despite his good stats and lulzy design, his movepool sucks... :C
    Not exactly. I am disappointed by them. I went "WTF?" when I realized there was an ice cream Pokemon. It gave me the urge to go outside and eat some ice cream, but that never happened.

As for the polar bear line: Despite the pre-evo's cuteness, I didn't like how boogers were dripping out of its nose (and it even uses them to attack). Its evolved form is better, though, but its movepool is crap.

As for the snowflake: What is that thing? A snowflake with a face?

Years
    The snowflake is the scariest Pokemon alive. Read it's bios. And then look at it's face.

Also, I just realized that Doryuuzu is the new Steelix. Therefore, I'm using it.

It's Steel-Type move is crap though. Just Metal Claw? Are you serious?

Devil Flamingo

→ Loves Defense
    Years
    Wait. You mean you can use ice type Pokemon? The ice cream cone guy is pretty cool looking but there's not much he can do with its average defenses and debilitating weaknesses/lack of resistance as an ice type. STAB Ice Beam is nice, but 100% accuracy Blizzard would be nicer. IF ONLY IT HAD SNOW WARNING.

It can, like... Hail + Ice Body? >> And then use Blizzard to kill everything? XD And that's about it ofc, unless it's like, dead. >> Still, you're right. It has good design, good stats, and two not-quite-useful-but-not-quite-useless abilities, but its movepool is terrible. XD I reckon it should have been Ice/Steel, personally, even though that would be even worse (at least it'd be cooler, idk). Still, I'm tempted to use it because it's so adorable... Also, idg GameFreak and their delusion that Ice is defensive. WTF? It's horrible defensively...

Last edited:

Pumpkin Fields

King of Carrot Flowers
    Years
    Your opinions of B/W Pokémon - Favourites and Least Favourites
    Cute, I like it a lot.
    Kind of doofy looking, but lovable.
    It's okay...I guess... >:/
    Adorable <3
    I didn't like this guy at first. The top of its head looked awkward and I had a hard time getting used to it. I like it a lot now, I'm strongly considering using one.
    This is just stupid. It doesn't even look alive.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
    The snowflake is the scariest Pokemon alive. Read it's bios. And then look at it's face.

Also, I just realized that Doryuuzu is the new Steelix. Therefore, I'm using it.

It's Steel-Type move is crap though. Just Metal Claw? Are you serious?
    Well Metal claw was also the only move Registeel (firstlegendary steel pokemon and also the only pure steel legendary) knew in gen 3...at least it also has another typing so it's better off than Registeel in gen 3...

Volroc

The Unpredictability Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Jul 20, 2015

Imo, this thing looks terrible. I don't understand why everybody thinks this thing looks so awesome? Anybody else with me? probably not

i just like its design, this is the first gen i liked more than 1-2 bugs max ^^"

Volroc: It was based on Mothra so it's natural it reminds you of old Godzilla movies.

i know, but i had forgotten the name at the time ^^" i know im a terrible gidzilla fan lol

I pretty much agree with all of that. ^ it's really one of the best, if not the best bug type Pokemon we have. All those awesome moves + Great typing + awesome stats = Win.

where do you get the moving sprites live-sama?

The grass monkey looks quite good indeed.
    I don't particularly like the water monkey's evo...

neither do i, i think it shouldve been predominantly female cuz of its evo :/
    but i bypassed its awkwardness by naming my male Falls, after Niagara falls so it looks like a waterfall to me instead lol

King Gumball

Haven't been here for ages...
    Years
    Cute, I like it a lot.
    Kind of doofy looking, but lovable.
    It's okay...I guess... >:/
    Adorable <3
    I didn't like this guy at first. The top of its head looked awkward and I had a hard time getting used to it. I like it a lot now, I'm strongly considering using one.
    This is just stupid. It doesn't even look alive.

It is kind of stupid, but not that bad. It is just another floating head. Just like Glalie I guess. I think it will be really cool in the anime though. Cant wait to see what it is like.

Devil Flamingo

→ Loves Defense
    Years
    I dislike Freezio, but when you think about it, it's not that different from Starmie and such in that it has no eyes or face and what have you, is it? I realize starfish are actual animals and ice crystals aren't alive, but still, I think Freezio's lack of appeal has to do with not having eyes or a face. XD In Starmie's case... well, it's a pretty design, but its popularity has a lot to do with its typing, stats and amazing moves, I think... Not that I use either one of them, so whatever...

Also, anyone really like any three of the monkeys? (or all of them)

In the beginning I was pretty "ehhh" about them all, but Yanakki is really growing on me, and for a pure Grass type he's not bad at all, not to mention his offenses are really something for a simple grass monkey. Sunflora, Cherrim and Elfoon can only wish they had offenses like his. Ofc, he's pretty fail, but if his offenses and his defenses were switched, he'd be a whole lot more useless (just look at Vuljina and then look at Wargle and you'll see exactly what I'm talking about).

King Gumball

Haven't been here for ages...
    Years
    I dislike Freezio, but when you think about it, it's not that different from Starmie and such in that it has no eyes or face and what have you, is it? I realize starfish are actual animals and ice crystals aren't alive, but still, I think Freezio's lack of appeal has to do with not having eyes or a face. XD In Starmie's case... well, it's a pretty design, but its popularity has a lot to do with its typing, stats and amazing moves, I think... Not that I use either one of them, so whatever...

Also, anyone really like any three of the monkeys? (or all of them)

In the beginning I was pretty "ehhh" about them all, but Yanakki is really growing on me, and for a pure Grass type he's not bad at all, not to mention his offenses are really something for a simple grass monkey. Sunflora, Cherrim and Elfoon can only wish they had offenses like his. Ofc, he's pretty fail, but if his offenses and his defenses were switched, he'd be a whole lot more useless (just look at Vuljina and then look at Wargle and you'll see exactly what I'm talking about).

Umm Freezio has got eyes.
    Its eyes are the blue glowing circles, and it has a mouth too- the area with the blue necklace looking thing is where its mouth is. So it is much more like Glalie than Starmie, design wise.

Devil Flamingo

→ Loves Defense
    Years
    lol, I was looking at the thing after I posted in this thread, and realized that it does in fact have eyes (not too visible in normal sprite, but obvious in the shiny one) as well as some sort of tentacle/moustache thing loool. So essentially it's a glalie and a starmie combined? for some reason it has a wicked special defense, good speed, and decent spA, but then its attack and defense are horrible, and its HP is average.

its movepool is interesting, but not very good; basically a lot like Vaivanilla's except it gets Solarbeam, Recover and Night Slash for some reason, but no breeding moves, and I've just noticed that said movepool attempts to benefit Freezio both defensively and offensively but in reality it actually renders him relatively "meh" at both being a sweeper or a tank, and it hasn't got anything (pretty much) in the way of support except Light Screen, which even other Ice types make better use of. XD

All in all, definite NU material.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back