• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Your opinions of B/W Pokémon - Favourites and Least Favourites

Status
Not open for further replies.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
    Although I have started to love gen 5 pokemon so much more, I have been growing away from these pokemon:
    Your opinions of B/W Pokémon - Favourites and Least Favourites

Maybe because I watched Finding Nemo or something, but I would have liked purotoogato be more cute like Squirt XD, but I don't really mind that much. its it's evolution that bothers me. Abagoora just looks so big and old (even though it is a fossil) and I wonder how it could possibly swim :/ I would have liked something ferocious, as it is ancient, and majestic too to display it's swimming abilities.
    That was the same impression I got when I first saw Purotoga and Abagoura. I think Abagoura can swim in the same way Purotoga can. In competitive play, though, it's a good mixed Shell Smash sweeper, as well as a Curse tank and Swift Swim sweeper.

Rinzler

Joichiro Nishi <3
    Years
    Imo, some of the pokemon were not very original. But regardless, I love most of them :> They're either un-original or really creative and cool.

Years
    • Seen Aug 3, 2011
    I think gen 5 brought back the creativity into pokemon. Gen 4 honestly sucked so bad, the starters were terrible, and I really did hate everything about it. The only ones in gen 5 I dont like are the lamp/ghost pokemon and the ice cream pokemon

Zeko

^ is awesome!
    Years
    In general, I really enjoy these new Pokemon except for Mamanbou and Baffuron. Well, there's nothing wrong with Baffuron, except I was pretty dissapointed he isn't in the Tauros line. Same goes for Mamonbou with Luvdisc added to the fact that it's plain UGLEH.

Last edited:

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
    My favourites are Vanipeti, Hitomoshi and Bachuru. Then to a lesser extent, their evolutions, Shimama/Blitzle, and Koromori. :>

I don't like Oshawott or its evolutions, the monkeys, or Minezumi & its evolutions. D: Their designs all just bug me. There are others I don't like but these ones are the ones that stand out the most.

Raichupacabra

Villain
    Years
    OMG i love all the new Pokemon
    they brought back the creativity i havent seen since Gen 3 (Only 2 relatives from Gen 2)
    Gen 4 was filled with evolutions and pre evolutions and legendaries
    Gen 5 (No evolutions, pre evolutions, and 13 legendaries)
    awesome and all original

my faves are Kojondo, Zoroark and Daikenki
    i dislike (Not hate) Furijio, and the Ice Cream family

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    Mhm Wargle is pretty awesome. I liked it from the start actually! I just hate how the body looks kinda awkward. XD;

BlindClown

Small blob with legs.
    Years
    • Seen Jul 7, 2012
    Gen 5 is second only to Gen 3 in awesomeness. The only improvement that could be made is that the ice-types aren't as good as they could be. Vanipeti's family isn't that good, and Kyurem is a bit poor. I wish Furiijio was more common and had a balanced evolution, it deserves one, and Tsunbear should be a little more defencive rather than offencive, as it's far too frail at times.

Apart from that, I have a deep love for Gen 5's additions to the series. A definite improvement on Gen 4.

PkMnLegend

-Legend-
    Years
    5th Gen Pokemon.

Hey Guys. Im gonna talk about the 5th Gen pokemon and how LAME they are! I mean is it just me or did you expect better looking pokemon in 5th gen? well anyways im talking in "General" There are some fine looking ones .. :S Do You agree? and what do u think? Just comment below and tell me ur opinion :]

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    Dunno how you missed B/W opinions thread, but merged anyway. This is where you discuss your thoughts on the B/W Pokemon~

Perriechu

i make this look easy tik-tik boom like gasoline-y
    Years
    Hey Guys. Im gonna talk about the 5th Gen pokemon and how LAME they are! I mean is it just me or did you expect better looking pokemon in 5th gen? well anyways im talking in "General" There are some fine looking ones .. :S Do You agree? and what do u think? Just comment below and tell me ur opinion :]

Again; another post on how lame they are... everyone's gotten use to it, maybe you should join the party... :D I mean what are Pokemon supposed to look like?

Onokurusu fav dragon type(yeah not that strong)

Not that strong .___. 147 Base Atk say's different...

I'm in love with Kibago right now... Look at it's little face :3

Ohhh and the mustache Jellyfish.

Nakuzami

[img]https://i.imgur.com/iwlpePA.png[/img]
    Years
    I have no idea if i've posted here before =/ ...Oh well!

So far, 5th gen is my favorite generation, including the pokemon. Though not really the names.
    My favorite pokemon [evolution lines] are Munna, Rankurusu and...Snivy (god I hate that name)
    Munna has grown on me, I just hated it when I first saw it and now I just L<3VE it!
    There are those whom just hate 5th gen pokemon though, there is something seriously wrong with those people I guess we all have different tastes.

I can't wait for BW to release in America, and for its PMD and Ranger games :P

GlitchCity

GlitchxCity
    Years
    Favorites:

I am in love with Jalorda. It reminds me so much of Sceptile. I want to marry it :3

Is that a beastly pose or what? This is going to be my favorite water-type pokemon :D

Such a beast.

Oh mi gee! Its a futuristic warrior from braveheart! Yeah I know that didnt make sense. But that thing is awesome. I love its design.

Lastly, this little guy. I want a plushie of him :D

Least Favorites:

Not much to say on this. Its just.......not for me :\

I like it but then again I hate it. Theres something about its design thats throwing me off, but again its getting attached to my heart. Me and Doredia are going to have a love-hate-relationship in my playthrough of Black.

.......it scares the begeepers out of me. I cant even believe its a flying-type.

I do not like it. I do not like it. I do not like it. But I love its typing. It reminds me of chatot, but it looks like a chatot who is a fossil wanna-be. But I have a feeling Im going to end up using it anyways.

Years
    • Seen May 9, 2024
    As I get into competitive battling on Pokémon Online, I'm starting to really see the greatness in Generation V that I missed beforehand. It's actually making me change my outlook on the games, and I've become one of the people who are anxiously awaiting it's arrival. My favorite Pokémon has also changed from Chillarmy to Ranculus, and I'm slowly becoming more and more obsessed about it. <3

Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Aug 21, 2021
    Again; another post on how lame they are... everyone's gotten use to it, maybe you should join the party... :D I mean what are Pokemon supposed to look like?

They're all supposed to look normal, natural and uncomplicated. Just like Jynx and Mr. Mime :)

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back