• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Your opinions of B/W Pokémon - Favourites and Least Favourites

Status
Not open for further replies.

Co500

Nostalgia Edition
    Years
    Im warming up to them they certainly are ...................... unique. But did anyone notice the ground-electric and bug-fire types?
    I also really like Bijirion I also hate the pokemon with the pokeball symbol on its head.
    Humans created pokeballs not pokemon! how can you have one look like it unless via genetic engineering!

Latios Master

11 Year PC Member
    Years
    My favorite is Aaken/Aakeosu. I wanted a Pokemon based on the Archaeopteryx the most, and I was shocked that it actually happened. Besides that, my other favorites are Tsutarja/Janobii/Jaroda, Shimama/Zeburaika, Basurao, Meguroko/Warubiru/Warubiaru, Kurimugan, and Zekrom. Some of the new ones are the worst I've ever seen, but it's a pretty solid generation overall.

King Gumball

Haven't been here for ages...
    Years
    I LOOOVE Shanderaa.

I was disappointed in Dereida as it is a bit ft and no where near as awesome looking or as powerful as Roserade... I was hoping for something better than Roserade... But it seems roserade still owns.

I also love the man-O-war pokemon Burunkeru!! It is love <3

The Red Chain

I really don't see the flaw in Doreida, I think it's design is absolutely gorgeous.
    It's more elegant and beautiful than Roserade in my opinion. It definitely has wide thighs, but I think those are just large leaf-like petals that loosely clutch to it's actual legs. It kinda reminds me of gypsy clothing.. the pants that gypsys wear have very wide bottoms. Flower Gypsy! <3

I really do think it's superior to Roserade in looks, while Roserade is the amazingly powerful and speedy one.
    Keep in mind I have nothing against Roserade. I abuse that thing so much on Wifi. XD

Oh man 1 am paragraph.. Definitely not the best paragraph I've ever written. ]:

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen May 17, 2016
    Be warned, there's a lot of sprites in these spoiler tags...

LOVE:
    Spoiler:

REALLY DON'T LOVE:
    Spoiler:

Told you there were a lot. The rest are somewhere between 5-7/10 in my eyes. The last Pokemon in the Dex is just weird though. I can't work out if I like it or not. It's just... weird. On the plus side, most of the Pokemon I dislike are entire evolutionary lines I don't like, so I can just avoid using those ones. There are a few middle stages I don't like too, but I can just evolve through them and be happy.

Also, has anyone else noticed that the bird fossil Pokemon has a BST of 567!? That's ludicrously high, especially given that the turtle (again, such a cool design) only has 495...

Last edited:
    Years
    Be warned, there's a lot of sprites in these spoiler tags...

LOVE:
    Spoiler:

REALLY DON'T LOVE:
    Spoiler:

Told you there were a lot. The rest are somewhere between 5-7/10 in my eyes. The last Pokemon in the Dex is just weird though. I can't work out if I like it or not. It's just... weird. On the plus side, most of the Pokemon I dislike are entire evolutionary lines I don't like, so I can just avoid using those ones. There are a few middle stages I don't like too, but I can just evolve through them and be happy.

Also, has anyone else noticed that the bird fossil Pokemon has a BST of 567!? That's ludicrously high, especially given that the turtle (again, such a cool design) only has 495...

I LOL'd quite hard reading your accurate descriptions. xD I still think Wooguru is the best designed out of them all, its so amazing.

Good thing the Bird fossils ability hinders it's Att (I think it's Att) when its below 50 % HP, so it does kind of balance. :/ i like the turtle more though.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    Okay, I analysed the design of like... every single B/W Pokemon, and from that, you can see my overall opinions of all of them.

Black and White – Summary.

Tsutaaja to Jaroda actually makes sense, due to the colour changes, same goes for Pokabu to Enbuoo, however, Mijumaru to Daikenki doesn't make as much sense. If Futachimaru was white as a base, that might have carried on better from Mijumaru, but... that would destroy Daikenki's colouring, so I guess it does make sense. Minezumi is strange – however, it does relate to Miruhoggu, which evens it out. As for Yorterrie's evolution line, I love it. Really, the way they transition from first to last stage is well done, in my opinion. Choroneko to Reparudasu makes a lot of sense, too, though a middle stage would have been appreciated, considering Yorterrie seems to be an opposite.

Now, onto the monkeys. Personally, I dislike them. However, aside from Hiyappu, going from monkey to girl, they all actually make sense evolution-wise. I won't be using them. Munna to Masharna's evolution actually looks good in the sense of it flowing on. Mamepato to Hatoopoo makes sense, while Kenhorou looks like it went too far. I would've been fine if it was left at Hatoopoo. Shimama to Zebraika is an amazing evolution, to me. It goes from cute, to serious, which reminds me a lot of Ponyta to Rapidash.

As for Dangoro and Gigaiasu, I'm only really a fan of the latter, however, sticking Gantoru into the middle just makes it confusing. Koromori is awesome, but Kokoromori looks too much like Zubat. Moguryuu is okay – though it could have been better. Tabuune fails at being a replacement Chansey, imo. Dakkorar's evolution line is crazy and Otamaro makes me feel sorry for Poliwag. Um, Nageki and Dageki... terrible Hitmonlee and Hitmonchan's. Kurumiru is this generations Caterpie, thus is cute, but its evolution is terrible, in my opinion. Fushide and Hoiiga looks nice... and Pendora is awesome. Monmen and Erufuun are strange to me... while Churine is this generation's Oddish (imo) and Doredia is Bellossom/Vileplume <33 Umm, Basurao seems like Seaking, so that's fine by me.

Meguroko's evolution line is the best drawn, in my opinion, it reflects the changes over evolution really well. Really, I am in love with this evolution line. Best design, really. And... Waubiaru is awesome. Darumakka is stupid and Hihidaruma should've been singular. Marakachi is just another Cacturne. Ishizumai <3333 I looove. It reminds me of Krabby and Shellder tbh. Zuruggu idk what happened there. Shinporah looks crazy... like another Solrock/Lunatone. And! Desumasu doesn't match Desukan, however, as a whole, I do love Desukan. Purotoga is designed very well, imo. Yabukuron is crazy and so is its evolution. Zorua and Zoroark look nice, since we've known them for aaages. Chi(llarmy)ramii is much better than Chirachiino. It's just an oversized mouse. Really, it should have been one-staged. Disappointed. I hate Gochimu with a passion, I don't know why, but its design is creepy. Gochiruzeru I don't hate as much, though. Rankurusu, omg, its evolution line is adorable <3 Aaaaand. Koaruhii is amazing. Seriously. Although it isn't technically a duck, it looks like one and it proves duck to swan, oh, and Swana looks great too. Banipucchi is awesome. I don't know why, but I love the entire ice-cream design thing and it makes me hungry for one. I'm gunna enjoy fighting this Pokemon.

Shikijika to Mebukijika makes sense in the Disney sense, plus I like how they change with the seasons. I'm glad Emonga is one stager, since it is now the Pachirisu of this generation. Kaburumo to Subarugo doesn't really make sense... and Tamagetake is the Voltorb of this generation – or Paras, idk. Pururiru doesn't really suit the role of the new Tentacool very well. But! I love Mamanbou, it is really one of the most beautiful Pokemon this generation. Oh! Now we come to Bachura and Denchura <3333333 They are the Spinarak and Ariados of this generation, which I loved in the past, so... I love these even more. :D; Desshiido? Wtf. Gear, Gigear and Gigigear represents the Magnemite line. Aaand... Shibishirasu goes from electric eel to something else, idk, I really dislike it and it looks scary. Rigure reminds me of generation 3... aaand, Hitomoshi is awesome. Really.

Kibago to Ononokusu reminds me of the Tyranitar line of Johto. Though in general, it's really well designed. Kumashun is nice, and... Tsunbeaa reminds me of Reshiram so I sort of dislike it. :x Furiijio is awesome – it reminds me of Bronzong. I like Chobomaki, and... I dislike Maggyo. Kojofuu's line is pretty good. Kurumugan is an awesome dragon, it reminds me of a dinosaur! Gobitto and Kamatana's evolution lines are pretty well done. Um, Buffalon... I'm glad it doesn't have a pre-evo. Washibon reminds me of Hawkmon's pre-evo thing in Digimon and then Wooguru is Hawkmon. I really like Buruchai and its evolution. Vultures are pretty interesting. Umm, Kuitaran is weird. Aianto is awesome <3 I really like that ant. A lot. Monozu is weird, but makes sense I guess. Meraruba to Urugamosu reminds me of Mothim or something. Uhh, Kabaruon? No, we don't need a new Arceus. Terakion? No, we don't need a new Larry Heatran. Birijion? No, we don't need a new Shaymin. Torunerosu and the similar ones... are weird. Um, I like Reshiram/Zekrom compared to a lot of the others. Kyuremu reminds me of Steelix, so I dislike it. I like how Kerudio is a unicorn, I dilike how Meroetta reminds me of generation 4 and Genosekto makes me think of Deoxys. D:

Overall, there are more awesome ones than ones that failed.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen May 17, 2016
    Okay, I analysed the design of like... every single B/W Pokemon, and from that, you can see my overall opinions of all of them.

Black and White – Summary.

Haha, that was a pretty interesting read. It seems we're near enough polar opposites in terms of our likes and dislikes, which is a good thing really, because it shows at least that Nintendo have designed Pokemon to cater to all tastes. I really can't imagine who'll like this thing though:

Your opinions of B/W Pokémon - Favourites and Least Favourites
    (Kill..... me.....)

Andrut

Collecting dust since 1898
    Years
    Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Last edited:

Pumpkin Fields

King of Carrot Flowers
    Years
    WARNING: A lot of sprites!

Love

Spoiler:

Love a little less

Spoiler:

I had far, far too much fun doing this.

Last edited:

The Red Chain

Where can I find all the released Sugimori Art and dose anyone know when they all will be released?

Nica told me to do this cause she's in TV land, sooo~

Not all of the new Pokemon have Sugimori art released yet, but you can find any released ones on Bulbapedia.
    As far as I know there isn't any confirmed release date for all of the artwork yet.
    I'd expect it sometime very soon since the games are being released in Japan later today.

King Gumball

Haven't been here for ages...
    Years
    WARNING: A lot of sprites!

Love

Spoiler:

Love a little less

Spoiler:

I had far, far too much fun doing this.

Haha I couldnt stop LOLing as I was reading the pokemon that you dont like!! "Biggest Derp in the world" and "This was just a bad idea" LOL

But I do agree on you with most of those things. I like the vulture though.

@-- FOREVER: Wow.... So much writing! Gosh how long did that post take you! Nice detail though.

Mujahid

Sir Froakie is impressed.
    Years
    I won't make a huge list here...just pokes I Adore and pokes i loathe(not many)

ADORE
    Spoiler:

And now for ones i loathe
    Spoiler:

That's It !

Years
    • Seen Jun 12, 2011
    Just a quick noob question before i make my list. How do you make Spoiler lists?

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    HTML:
    [spoiler][/spoiler]

Put the images inside of the tag. Though that's off-topic, so yeah, back to favourite Pokemon~

Mujahid

Sir Froakie is impressed.
    Years
    Just a quick noob question before i make my list. How do you make Spoiler lists?

Add SPOILER (between [ ] )at beginning and /SPOILER (again in between [ ] )at the end....Or click on the blue abc button on the left of youtube button on advanced post option

Timbjerr

[color=Indigo][i][b]T-o-X-i-C[/b][/i][/color]
    Years
    Since everyone else is doing it, I might as well. XD

DO WANT!
    Spoiler:

DO NOT WANT!!
    Spoiler:

Years
    • Seen Jun 12, 2011
    Thanks for the information. I just wanted to know so i could post mine :P

The ones i like:
    Spoiler:

I'll post a list of pokemons i didn't like later. Right now i have a few other things to do :P

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back