• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Your opinions of B/W Pokémon - Favourites and Least Favourites

Status
Not open for further replies.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
    That kinda reminded me of Naruto xD

Also is there anyone who finds this Pokemon interesting?

Your opinions of B/W Pokémon - Favourites and Least Favourites
    Some people may have said this already: no, I don't find this interesting at all, other than the fact that it's an Electric/Ground Fish. It should've been Electric/Water or Water/Ground. If it's weak to Water attacks, then why is it encountered on water?

King Gumball

Haven't been here for ages...
    Years
    Some people may have said this already: no, I don't find this interesting at all, other than the fact that it's an Electric/Ground Fish. It should've been Electric/Water or Water/Ground. If it's weak to Water attacks, then why is it encountered on water?

Not everything that is encountered on water has to be water type. It may still learn water attacks, but it can be other typings and still live in water.

Resultz

All- round Poke-Whizz
    Years
    Cradily is from the water, yet isnt water type, and without grass, would be weak to water. Its often said that it hunts in water... Same may go for maggyo, rather then living in water, it may live in the mud. and hunt in water :3

anyone fond of The Grass/Normal Deer?

Devil Flamingo

→ Loves Defense
    Years
    anyone fond of The Grass/Normal Deer?

y e e e s !

I love it. <3 I have one in my team (well, still a Shikijika) and I love it. <3

On Maggyo:

I hate the thing, for the same reason I hate the real-life fish that look like that and bury themselves deep in the sand, waiting for prey to hunt. Why do I hate them? Because they're hella fugly, that's why. XD Same reason I hate that electric lamprey thing; it looks so gross. I don't care how good they are; I'm not using them, ever. XD Same with the pure Fighting types.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years

xD xD xD agreed. I call it derpfish. While we're busy hatin', lets not forget to throw in the legendary goat/deer/bulldog trio.

EDIT: Not fond of this either. :/

Oh The legendary fighting trio isn't as bad as that fish at all...
    That sprite reminds me of a power ranger Xd I still like it though :P

JP

wut?
    Years
    • Age 33
    • USA
    • Seen Dec 13, 2019

I love the typing, but I'm not particularly fond of the actual Pokemon. :/

I completely agree. Though, has anyone seen its animation? It's actually rather funny/cute. XD It does like an evil smile/giggle kinda thing.

JP

wut?
    Years
    • Age 33
    • USA
    • Seen Dec 13, 2019

I think it actually is based around the Power Ranger design. xD

The only member of the Fighting trio I remotely like is the Green one. :/

I thought I remembered reading it was based off the Kamen Riders, though I guess that's sorta like a Power Ranger... hmm, not that familiar with those guys.

dragon0fangz

account moved to 649
    Years
    ... i happen to like this.

feraligatr just became better. The tail swinging is very cool.

and i dont like this.

Arceus isnt supposed to move that much.
    Now that i think about it, all of the pokemon seem to move too much. probably why i like urugamosu's and feraligatr's.

Also, if anyone has them, can i please see Gigigiaru's and Kurimugan's animated sprites?

Volroc

The Unpredictability Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Jul 20, 2015
    My favs for Gen5 are mainly not it any particular order...:

horrible shiny, but love its design,& its typing :)

Absolutely gorgeous, & its shiny only makes it better :D

i always love the local bat, so its another of my favs, the shiny is ok... couldve been better, couldve been worse

fontastically designed, gorgeous shiny, & definitely gonna be a BL,or OU.

this was interestin, didnt like it at first, but got used to it in no time, & its Pre-Evo alone could be the first BL NFE, so you know thisll be OU.
    has a nice shiny too :)

it grew on me over the pre-release time, & even though its shiny is rather ugly, i find it adorable, & itll be a brilliant addition to Trick Room teams

who couldnt love this adorable fur ball? its even cuter in its shiny :cer_love:

I like this, its fast, special based, & definitely an interestin type combo :)

best fire type of Isshu, & best Ghost type EVER!
    exactly what i hoped for in this generation, too bad its not the Fire starter, much better than the worthless pig :/

the resident flygon of this gen, except pure dragon& its shiny is pure win& makes the Grey Charizard of gen4&5 look like crap when it rocks its grey-black shiny forme :cer_laugh:

the pissed off anteater just makes me giggle when i look at it, i find it absolutely brilliant,nothing what i expected when i heard "theres an ant eater pokemon"

the Pseudo-Legend, its fontastic, Dark Dragon, great shiny, special based (FINALLY a Pseudo thats special based!) with great stats, definitely gonna be the Garchomp of gen5, im betting its gonna be considered an Uber in no time.

THE BEST MOTH YET! Reminds me of the old Godzilla movies lol
    and its got brilliant stats& its shiny forme isnt that bad surprisingly since IMO bug pokemon tend to get the worst shinnies...

This is the first gen where i like both fossils :cer_love:

Zekrom is my fav uber of this gen, & love its shiny :)

the ice/dragon which i can almost guarantee the mascot to the 3rd version should they make one (after B&Ws storyline, doesnt look likely, theres no room to fit a 3rd version, IMO) absolutely brilliant, everything i hoped for& more & its animation is one of the finer ones :cer_love:

TB Pro

Old-timer
    Years

Imo, this thing looks terrible. I don't understand why everybody thinks this thing looks so awesome? Anybody else with me? probably not

Serebii94

Pokémon Professor and Trainer
    Years
    My favorite ones right now are the Elemental Monkeys (Yanappu, Boappu and Hiyappu), they look funn and they help you against the first leader (Dento, Pod or Corn). Desukan has an interesting and original design. Emonga is the best Pikachu replacement in the entire series (it's even better than Pikachu). Tabunne and Miruhoggu got the worst designs in my opinion, they look... terrible.

Volroc: It was based on Mothra so it's natural it reminds you of old Godzilla movies.

TB Pro: I agree with you. It looks terrible but not as terrible as Miruhoggu or Tabunne.

JP

wut?
    Years
    • Age 33
    • USA
    • Seen Dec 13, 2019

Imo, this thing looks terrible. I don't understand why everybody thinks this thing looks so awesome? Anybody else with me? probably not

I think a lot of the appeal actually comes from it's great stats. The design itself, I don't think is anything amazing... but it's not a terrible one either. Just the idea and its stats are what make it so darn cool and appealing.

The Red Chain

I don't know if it's looks as much as stats, and typing combination. The thing is a beast. It has 5 resistances, and only 3 weaknesses, thanks to the grace on it's typing. It's base stat total is 550, with it being immensely deadly in special attack and special defense all around. It's base 85 HP helps to make up for the lack of defenses.. not greatly mind you, but somewhat. The main thing that's good about this thing, is despite being so defensively weak, it has enough speed to pull out a special move and knock out anything that may stand in it's way.

It got some major movepool grace as well, especially in the level up portion of it. 11 STAB moves, 6 of them being special. It's not a bad Pokemon really, and I personally don't mind it's looks either. I love the combination of orange and red.. it gives that "fire" feel perfectly. <3

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back