• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Your opinions of B/W Pokémon - Favourites and Least Favourites

Status
Not open for further replies.

King Gumball

Haven't been here for ages...
Years
  • Your opinions of B/W Pokémon - Favourites and Least Favourites
    +
    Your opinions of B/W Pokémon - Favourites and Least Favourites
    =

had so much other potential than that...

Yes I have seen that equations plenty of times ;)

I like Magmortar's design better than Emboars though. IT HAS A MAGMA CANNON! Nothing can get epicer than a magma cannon. I like Magmortars colours, they remind me of my shiny Moltres that I got yesterday xp

As for Emboar's or Enboou's design (the names keep changing for the B/W pokes :O)I like it except for the neck area with the flames. I think the flames are too tall so it makes its head look much smaller/fatter. I would much like to see more of it's facial area.

Haza

☆A Life of Pokémon and Beyoncé ☆
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    +
    =

I was going to post this one day but now that I've actually seen them side by side the less I want to compare him to them... Emboars design is w=far superior.

Kamigoroshi

Moemon Hunter
    Years

The more I see them in-game, the more I question GAMEFREAK's common sense. Honestly... what did they smoke to miss the golden opportunity of giving these critters unique type combinations such as Ghost/Rock or Ghost/Steel? Both pokemon are clearly object-bond, and both the mask and sarcophagus are either made of rock or metal. It doesn't take a genius to figure that out, especially when looking at Desumasu's & Desukaan's defensive.

Last edited:

fenyx4

HOENN CONFIRMED!
    Years
    +
    =

Now, I think Enbuoo looks pretty cool (compared to when it was 'leaked' and I was averse to its design). The 3 Pokemon look different enough to each be unique when situated side by side.

Side-notes: I just found out Magmortar's Japanese name is Booburn...! :cer_laugh: Yeah, it refers to the marine, avian booby, but still! Also, the pink seems to detract from Magmortar's color scheme now... :(

Yes I have seen that equations plenty of times ;)

I like Magmortar's design better than Emboars though. IT HAS A MAGMA CANNON! Nothing can get epicer than a magma cannon. I like Magmortars colours, they remind me of my shiny Moltres that I got yesterday xp

As for Emboar's or Enboou's design (the names keep changing for the B/W pokes :O)I like it except for the neck area with the flames. I think the flames are too tall so it makes its head look much smaller/fatter.
    [S-HIGHLIGHT]I would much like to see more of it's facial area.[/S-HIGHLIGHT]

Are you sure? :\ Its goofy smile isn't helping things, IMO, and I'm glad the flame beard helps to obscure the odd mouth and teeth:

Spoiler:

Cheeky Beaver

@ techloom clause
    Years
    • Seen Jun 2, 2011
    mamobanou is rediculously annoying tbh, wish toxic protect stall with its enormous amount of HP really can make you rage -____-

ALittleDizzy

Cute and Hopeless Trainer
    Years
  • One of the things I do like about this is the fact that Pokemon is trying something new with the 3D aspects and everything, I'm mainly just concerned about what the future holds for it in B&W. I mean, I know the sprites are still 2D and everything, but I really don't want that to change. The designs for the pokemon are beginning to deteriorate in creativity which is bad, and again it is a concern. I do like some of the artwork for some of the pokes and I think that the origin of the animals chosen for the starters is pretty cool, I'm just hoping not to be disappointed.

fenyx4

HOENN CONFIRMED!
    Years
  • One of the things I do like about this is the fact that Pokemon is trying something new with the 3D aspects and everything, I'm mainly just concerned about what the future holds for it in B&W. [S-HIGHLIGHT]I mean, I know the sprites are still 2D and everything, but I really don't want that to change.[/S-HIGHLIGHT] The designs for the pokemon are beginning to deteriorate in creativity which is bad, and again it is a concern. I do like some of the artwork for some of the pokes and I think that the origin of the animals chosen for the starters is pretty cool, I'm just hoping not to be disappointed.

I agree; sprites should stay 2D, with everything else outside of battle being 3D. IMO, the three-dimensional Pokemon feature should be reserved for the console games.

More on-topic, most of the designs I've seen so far have been decent or awesome, with Dasutodasu being a very strange case that I still have a mixed opinion about it (and Daikenki to an extent). I felt the designs of Pokabu's line (after getting accustomed to the artwork of Chaobuu and Enbuoo), Tsutarja's line, the Legendary Tao Trio, and Meguroko's line were especially creative...

johnny18

Kiss Me Like It's Do or Die
    Years
  • i kind of hate the 5th gen at first, now I like all of the pokemons. they are not as bad as it looks ^_^

Devil Flamingo

→ Loves Defense
    Years
  • I actually like Sazandora's design, but the only thing I don't like about it is that the heads on its sides are brainless and are its hands. I have a theory about Sazandora: when it evolves from Jiheddo, the heads it had in that stage lose their brains in the process. However, it's possible that those heads have some degree of intelligence thanks to a cluster of nerves in them, which are controlled by the middle head.

...Wait, I don't get it. Where are its arms? I only see three heads, two feet and three pair of wings...? O_o

Devil Flamingo

→ Loves Defense
    Years
  • According to part of its White Pokedex entry:

What this means is that Sazandora has arms, but they have a brainless head in each one.

XD Weiiird, I think GF is on crack. As far as I'm concerned those are heads, not extremities, brainless or not. But if they wanna call it arms with heads, let 'em.

- - - - - - - - -

@Maggyo:

XD That is not his animation in the games, no. It's actually worse than that; he flops like the stupid critter he is, then he squints his eyes and smiles creepily. And no, it doesn't make me love it; it makes me hate it more than before. :D If I ever battle someone (online) and they're using this thing I'm forfeiting the match, I don't give a damn. I refuse to battle it; it's gross.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back