• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Your opinions of B/W Pokémon - Favourites and Least Favourites

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Aug 21, 2021
    I think maybe Iwaparasu's design might be an exaggeration of bugs/creatures that carry shell/rocks on their backs.

Also the idea of an ant being able to carry many times it's weight might have had some influence even if Iwaparasu isn't an Ant.

Years
  • I think maybe Iwaparasu's design might be an exaggeration of bugs/creatures that carry shell/rocks on their backs.

Also the idea of an ant being able to carry many times it's weight might have had some influence even if Iwaparasu isn't an Ant.

Yeah, Iwaparasu is also based on a Hermit Crab, so that explains the shell/rock design on its back.

As for that fact on Ants, I think that's why Aianto is a steel type as well as a bug type.

The Red Chain

Yeah, Iwaparasu is also based on a Hermit Crab, so that explains the shell/rock design on its back.

As for that fact on Ants, I think that's why Aianto is a steel type as well as a bug type.
    It looks like a chunk of the earth will all those layers more than a shell. XD
    I guess they felt the need to emphasize Iwaparesu being half rock type.
    Ishizumai does the "shell" thing better, but it only looks like that because it takes a rock/boulder it finds suitable and carves it into a shell shape with it's claws.

Still.. I wonder why they chose Iwaparesu and Ishizumai to be part bug over water.. isn't a hermit crab's natural environment in a damp place or in the water?
    Maybe it contradicts the rock part too much, I'm not sure..

Despite that, I've gained a love for Ishizumai more than before.
    It's just so darn adorable! <3

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years

• Yeah, Iwaparasu is also based on a Hermit Crab, so that explains the shell/rock design on its back.

I found Ishizumai adorable after reading about its episode. Ishizumai and Iwaparesu don't look like Bug Pokemon; they look like Water Pokemon to me (they should've been Water/Rock because hermit crabs aren't insects).

I think Aianto is a Steel Pokemon because its exoskeleton is as hard as steel, not the fact that real ants can carry many times their weight.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    I actually like the typing of the ant, since associating ants to steel makes sense to me! Or maybe that's TV's fault for making me think they're all soldiers or something.

I just wish there were three typings for it, with its third typing being fire to make it clearly more awesome.~

Years
  • I found Ishizumai adorable after reading about its episode. Ishizumai and Iwaparesu don't look like Bug Pokemon; they look like Water Pokemon to me (they should've been Water/Rock because hermit crabs aren't insects).

I think Aianto is a Steel Pokemon because its exoskeleton is as hard as steel, not the fact that real ants can carry many times their weight.

That's true too, I said that mostly because "Steel: usually carries a connotation of strength, which Aianto is. Still a very awesome Pokemon. xD I like it more than Kuitaran.

King Gumball

Haven't been here for ages...
    Years
  • It looks like a chunk of the earth will all those layers more than a shell. XD
    I guess they felt the need to emphasize Iwaparesu being half rock type.
    Ishizumai does the "shell" thing better, but it only looks like that because it takes a rock/boulder it finds suitable and carves it into a shell shape with it's claws.

Still.. I wonder why they chose Iwaparesu and Ishizumai to be part bug over water.. isn't a hermit crab's natural environment in a damp place or in the water?
    Maybe it contradicts the rock part too much, I'm not sure..

Despite that, I've gained a love for Ishizumai more than before.
    It's just so darn adorable! <3

Yeah same... but I think they just did it to replace Paras/Parasect (so it got the bug typing).

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • I actually think the closest thing to Paras/Parasect in Unova is Tamagetake and Morobareru. They're mushroom Pokemon introduced in odd-numbered generations and are also the closest things to Voltorb/Electrode because of their Poke Ball design.

As for Tamagetake and Morobareru themselves, they look weird to me, but I don't know why. Morobareru's cry also doesn't suit it because of that irritated look it has on its face.

King Gumball

Years
  • I actually think the closest thing to Paras/Parasect in Unova is Tamagetake and Morobareru. They're mushroom Pokemon introduced in odd-numbered generations and are also the closest things to Voltorb/Electrode because of their Poke Ball design.

As for Tamagetake and Morobareru themselves, they look weird to me, but I don't know why. Morobareru's cry also doesn't suit it because of that irritated look it has on its face.

Yeah, I guess so, but I think that Ishuzumai/Iwaperasu are the Paras/Parasect of Kanto in a way because they play the role of the bug type pokemon that have one evolution. I think the two mushrooms are like the Sunkern/Sunflora, Shroomish/Breloom, Exeggcute/Exeggutor, Cherubi/Cherrim of gen 5. But ot really depends on how you look at it I guess.

Haza

☆A Life of Pokémon and Beyoncé ☆
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    I agree with @King Gumball, the rock crabs remind me more of Paras & Parasect... since I initially saw them really.

King Gumball

Years
  • I was looking at Yuniran, which I have loved since I saw it, and I am surprised it evolved into
    Your opinions of B/W Pokémon - Favourites and Least Favourites
    then
    . Because if you look at Yuniran in my sig it looks like it is trying to split into two, as cells do, so I was a little surprised that it never ended up splitting into two when it evolves. Not that I am disappointed with the outcome, I love its evos. I just thought they would have looked different.

dithyrambos

PHANTOM girl
    Years
    • Seen Apr 8, 2012
    Appearence-wise I like: the Jello Bear Pokemon ( Rankurusu ) and the Gentleman-ly Jellyfish, Burungeru. I'm going to name the latter pokemon Layton in the game, 'cause that's who he reminds me of. xD

I'm very fond of the Trash Monster, Dasutodasu, for some reason. I ship ( yah, ship ) him/her with Muk, LOL. Same goes for Ranpuraa/Shanderaa & Drifloon/Drifblim. Although, Pururiru and Drifloon look as if they could be cousins or something.

Kerudio the Magic Unicorn looks awesome, too! And then there's Zuruzukin, who's wearing his pre-evo's skin as pants and a hood....

All that said, the MVP of my team will undoubtedly be Shanderaa. I just love Ghost-type mons, and Shanderaa is both strong and aesthetically pleasing.~ Wooo.

otaku-dono

Merkabah
    Years
  • Overall I've found the designs this gen fantastic. Some favourites are Kurumayu, Hitomoshi, and Shinpora, but there are very few I dislike.

-ty-

Don't Ask, Just Tell
    Years
  • This region is full of amazing GRASS pokemon. It has taken a toll on my team! I want Jalorda, Doredia, Mebujikia, Yanakkie (best of the trio), Marakachi. Not so much going for the Fire pokemon; 1st gen had all the fire pokemon! (Arcanine, Charzard, Ninetales, Rapidash, Flareon) But it's not the fire pokemon that really dissappoint me; it's that electric tongue pokemon that is mediocre at the very best.

King Gumball

Years
  • This region is full of amazing GRASS pokemon. It has taken a toll on my team! I want Jalorda, Doredia, Mebujikia, Yanakkie (best of the trio), Marakachi. Not so much going for the Fire pokemon; 1st gen had all the fire pokemon! (Arcanine, Charzard, Ninetales, Rapidash, Flareon) But it's not the fire pokemon that really dissappoint me; it's that electric tongue pokemon that is mediocre at the very best.

Hmm yeah I think the grass pokemon are the dominant type in this gen. I love grass pokemon, and I love them all excluding broccoli monkey's (Yanappu) evo (Yanakkii). It went from a cute like vegetable to a big ape with a bad hair day. I never liked all the monkey's evo's, the hair ruined them all.
    <3 Cute
    Really majorly screwed up cute little Yanappu
    His hair is the best <3
    Cute deaf monkey turns into drug addict.

So cheerful and amazingly blue.

And to think this thing female Tarzan is 1/8 female!!

Abyssumi

Future Legends Z-A Mod
    Years
    • He/Him
    • Seen Mar 22, 2024
    Yeah the monkey trio's evos were rather crap.

Also is it just me or does Yuniran look like a certain part of the body it should not look like?

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • I like the monkeys in this order: Yanappu/Yanakkie > Hiyappu/Hiyakkie > Boappu/Boakkie.

Yanakkie stands out the most to me because of its Elvis-like hairstyle. Boakkie looks kind of drunk, and Boakkie reminds me of a hippie.

Haza

☆A Life of Pokémon and Beyoncé ☆
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    I still dont care much for the final evolutions of the monkies

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back