• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Your opinions of B/W Pokémon - Favourites and Least Favourites

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bellacrose

Lover of Wartortles
Years
  • I really REALLY disliked the new B/W pokemon at first, to the point where I started making up my own fakemon :I But I'm starting to warm up to them little by little. I think... Chillarmy and Mogurew are my two main faves along with Choroneko. c: I strongly dislike the monkeys :I And the new legendary-esque ones that sit on clouds because they recycled the sprites Bc *displeased face*

Zepp710

Fearaligatr
    Years
    • Seen Nov 26, 2011
    I personally don't care for the new "posh" looking pokemon. Although they are way better than gen IV i still like the gen 2 pokemon the best. So far i think my favorite is either Rankurusu, Terakion, or Archeos. I like their sprites/abilities/typing.

Miss Doronjo

Gaiden
    Years
  • I used to think the BW pokemon weren't all that appealing at first, but when I actually got to view the B/W pokemon more, I actually think they look quite cool. <3

My favorites in specific terms i nthe spoiler:

Spoiler:

...There's more, but I'm going to stop there. V///V;

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
  • I'm glad to see that the view of some Pokemon are improving among you guys who used to dislike them :)
    I like the dragon with the red face and blue body too, it looks rough (no wonder it has rough skin) and scary like a dragon is supposed to be (half of the dragon pokemon are scary the other half is cute (though I do like cute dragons))

twistedpuppy

Siriusly Twisted
    Years
    • Seen Jul 18, 2015
    Something about Crimgan to me looks as if a child drew it. I'm not in love with it, but I don't hate it either. :/

Years
    • Seen May 27, 2023
    The 5th generation pokémon were a real disapointment for me, let's take a look :

Tepig, he looks really cute, and when I first saw him i thaugt(sp?) wow! this cute buddy is going to evolve in something like a fire Mamoswine, but no, it's last stage is some kind of Zelda Boss-looking pokémon...
    oshowatt, same story, a super cute pokémon, his 2nd stage is'nt that bad, but is last, it doesn't look anythink like Oshowatt and the first i thaugt was : Metagross with a horn...
    Most of the pokémon looks so childish, non nature like, so plastic.
    And then Crimgan... WTF? a dragon with a head with a different color than it's body.
    I see this, Baby Dude : Hey Mom, look, I drewed a pokémon!
    Mom : Oh, that's a "nice" drawing, let's send it to the pokémon company!

IceGod64

In the Lost & Found bin!
    Years
  • 5th Gen in my opinion has introduced some of the best and worst Pokémon to date.

For example, I really like Oshawott's evolution chain, his first stage isn't exactly cute, but it has some kind of charm to it, and his final stage is my favorite of all the Water Starters.

Tepig is cute at first, but gets pretty ugly when he evolves.

Chillarmy, yes, is a complete Pikachu Ripoff, but he's the most unique one to date, and it just adorable.

Mamepato is a kind of cool Pokémon but it's.. A pigeon. It's just a pigeon, that's all.

Then, there's Maggyo. Just because it's an unusual type setup doesn't mean you have to make it look completely stupid.

But there you go, like I said, some of the best, some of the worst. The balance leans a little in the favor of bad, but it's got some nice ones too.

Bellacrose

Lover of Wartortles
    Years
  • I'm sorry but Zoroark is pretty much the next Lucario for me :I It pretty much is the dark version of Lucario in my own opinion, just harder to obtain.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    I think Zoroark and Zorua are kind of boring, both in concept and in character design. Lucario was godly in comparison ^^

As for starter names, I can understand Snivy even if it sounds silly, but how could they miss up on the incredible opportunities that was Wotter and Pignite? How did they come up with Oshawott, and how do you even pronounce Tepig?

Bellacrose

Lover of Wartortles
    Years
  • I think Lucario is cute, the whole fan base for him just kind of ruined it though (Fan made videos of Lucario wat)
    And yeah Tepig is forever going to be a mystery for me until the anime comes out.. tehhhpig.. Teeeeeeaapig?
    I'm still wondering where Oshawott came from too :S Mijumaru sounds cooler at the moment lol

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    A Teapig would be awesome though. Its final evo would resemble Zuko's uncle in Legend Of Aang. Always drinking tea but really forceful when necessary ^^

I like most designs and concepts in 5th gen though. A favourite is Wargle and its prevo (can't remember its name). They finally made a really cool looking bird :) Hasn't really been one since Pidgeot.

Piranha

Aqua Jet!
    Years
  • My favourites are in my sig

1) Kuitarian: The idea of a fire type anteater appealed to me, I also really liked its animated sprite (it's breathing fire!...or is that it's tongue? Still cool either way):)

2) Furiijio: Doesn't seem to be liked much, but I've always liked weird stuff and floating snowflake gems are no exception! High Sp.Def but as brittle as a real snowflake:(

3) Morabareru: Worthy descendant of the Voltorb line. I quite like its nonchalant expression (doesn't take nothing from anyone!)

4) Desukaan: Cool looking sarcophagus pokemon with an equally cool sprite (I like how it withdraws into its coffin)

Anyone has any opinions on Basurao? (For reference, just look at my avatar)

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    MRAS you like Denchura? :D;

I was looking at the screenshots from the Zoroark movie, and omg, Zorua is soooooo cute. I never noticed how adorable it is, but wow. There are so many cute Pokemon this generation!

And I like that B/W Pokemon are classy, since it actually gives them a theme, other than what people used to say of being based off Digimon, but yeah. XD /late

Haza

☆A Life of Pokémon and Beyoncé ☆
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    I'm little underwhelmed by the dog family's final evolution. Yorterrie is so cute that I hate that it eventually turns into that huge mess of fur.

twistedpuppy

Siriusly Twisted
    Years
    • Seen Jul 18, 2015
    I'm little underwhelmed by the dog family's final evolution. Yorterrie is so cute that I hate that it eventually turns into that huge mess of fur.

Agreed. I don't hate it's final evolution, but it's a little disappointing. It could have been better compared to other dogs like Arcanine or Houndoom <3.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
  • MRAS you like Denchura? :D;

I was looking at the screenshots from the Zoroark movie, and omg, Zorua is soooooo cute. I never noticed how adorable it is, but wow. There are so many cute Pokemon this generation!

And I like that B/W Pokemon are classy, since it actually gives them a theme, other than what people used to say of being based off Digimon, but yeah. XD /late
    Of course I do, I'm going to put it into my team, it has a cool combo and unique type, looks cool plus it has a cute pre evo too :)

King Gumball

Haven't been here for ages...
    Years
  • My favourites are in my sig

1) Kuitarian: The idea of a fire type anteater appealed to me, I also really liked its animated sprite (it's breathing fire!...or is that it's tongue? Still cool either way):)

2) Furiijio: Doesn't seem to be liked much, but I've always liked weird stuff and floating snowflake gems are no exception! High Sp.Def but as brittle as a real snowflake:(

3) Morabareru: Worthy descendant of the Voltorb line. I quite like its nonchalant expression (doesn't take nothing from anyone!)

4) Desukaan: Cool looking sarcophagus pokemon with an equally cool sprite (I like how it withdraws into its coffin)

Anyone has any opinions on Basurao? (For reference, just look at my avatar)

I have always loved both forms of Basurao. They remind me of that movie, Piranha 3D. They look like that really ancient species of Piranha's, thus I love it. It looks so deadly and aggressive, I can already imagine them jumping all over a Shikijika, and eating it when it is drinking in the river :D

Spoiler:

Last edited:

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • I actually like Basurao. Good offensive stats and a decent movepool are what make it stand out to me. Plus, Adaptability-boosted Waterfalls and Surfs hurt a lot.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back