• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Your opinions of B/W Pokémon - Favourites and Least Favourites

Status
Not open for further replies.

jy909

Queen of Egg Moves
Years
    • Seen Jan 15, 2011
    I absolutely love Doredia and Swanna, but Desukaan is the most stupid looking Pokemon ever...

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
  • Swanna is pretty cool too, plus it seems stronger and more useful than all the water/flying type Pokemon oh except Gyrados but Gyrados has a very small flying move pool....

King Gumball

Haven't been here for ages...
    Years
  • Your opinions of B/W Pokémon - Favourites and Least Favourites
    Suwanna is... okay. I would prefer it is it's pose represented an elegant swan. But instead the pose is trying to make her look intimidating and protective, like 'stay away from my baby'. And to me that makes it look... awkward and a little funny. And I don't like how her wings bend :/ I think I would like her a bit more if she was a little calmer a pose as if she was waddling into a pond.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • I absolutely love Doredia and Swanna, but Desukaan is the most stupid looking Pokemon ever...
    I don't find Desukan stupid at all. In fact, I think it's one of the best-designed Pokemon in B/W because it's based on an Egyptian sarcophagus with a mummy in it. It also has 4 ghost arms coming out of it. Desukaan's Mummy ability is also good for crippling Pokemon of their abilities.

Swanna's design is okay, but Doredia's is just plain beautiful and gorgeous. Too bad that the latter doesn't have much of a movepool, but drawback-free Petal Dances, courtesy of Own Tempo, make me want to use it.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    I really like Swana's design but my only issue is the positioning of her wings. I remember when everyone first saw Swana, questioning whether the shells (or whatever they are) would stay on her... and I actually think it makes her look better than if she didn't have them (based off how I imagine it to look).

And yes, Doredia is really pretty. :)

dithyrambos

PHANTOM girl
    Years
    • Seen Apr 8, 2012
    I don't find Desukan stupid at all. In fact, I think it's one of the best-designed Pokemon in B/W because it's based on an Egyptian sarcophagus with a mummy in it. It also has 4 ghost arms coming out of it. Desukaan's Mummy ability is also good for crippling Pokemon of their abilities.

Swanna's design is okay, but Doredia's is just plain beautiful and gorgeous. Too bad that the latter doesn't have much of a movepool, but drawback-free Petal Dances, courtesy of Own Tempo, make me want to use it.

I agree with this. While I don't think I'll be tempted to "squeeze it and feed it berries" any time soon, I certainly do appreciate Desukaan's design.

But, then again, I'm an avid fan of Ghost-types so I'm biased 'n whatnot.

Also, Doredia is indeed beautiful. I like Grass-types just as much as Ghost-types, tbh. 8D That said. I can't wait to have my Erufuun+Shanderaa wreak havoc all over the place.

EDIT: A picture of Doredia+Erufuun. Kawaii desu ne.

Last edited:

Olliee

Spreading the Pokerus. PM me
    Years
  • I love love love love Ishizumai, Muurando (mainly because my dog looks like its real life form) XD and I also really like Burungeru, mainly the queen form, it's hillariously awesome.

Also; Part of me really wants to love Tabuune and Tamagetake.. not sure why... :P

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
  • I really like Swana's design but my only issue is the positioning of her wings. I remember when everyone first saw Swana, questioning whether the shells (or whatever they are) would stay on her... and I actually think it makes her look better than if she didn't have them (based off how I imagine it to look).

And yes, Doredia is really pretty. :)
    The "Shells" are actually blue feathers (just clearing that up for you)
    I like it that she looks over protective actually, it makes it look strong :)

Yukimi

Nautical Star
    Years
  • I didn't realize how much I loved Pururill until I saw it in the anime. I think it may be one of my favorite Pokemon this gen.

Your opinions of B/W Pokémon - Favourites and Least Favourites

Otherworld9)

Bard of Rage
    Years
  • I think Rankurusu and Chiramii are the best so far. It isn't official if the black and white has actually shown or given all pokemon, so I really can't choose at the moment. Also, to point out, this started with what pokemon do you think are your favorites, not judging on about other generation artwork.

King Gumball

Years
  • I didn't realize how much I loved Pururill until I saw it in the anime. I think it may be one of my favorite Pokemon this gen.

Your opinions of B/W Pokémon - Favourites and Least Favourites

That frill thing around it's neck makes it look like a medieval English jester dude or Pince wearing those funny high class shirts. He looks very creepy here, they made the right choice making him a ghost type. I can't wait to see it's evolutions in the Anime!

dozo

party hardy
    Years
    • Seen Feb 3, 2014
    kokomori <3 and others. I love this set! much better than gen 4.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • I (sort of) like Pururiru and Burungel. Water/Ghost is one of the type combinations I've always wanted, and my wish was granted. I also like their female forms better. The male Burungel looks like the Pringles man.

Burungel is good in the B/W metagame because it can spin-block, has reliable recovery and supports with Toxic/Will-o-Wisp/Boiling Water. It's slower than Tentacruel, unfortunately, but it's a bit bulkier.

What I don't like about them is the fact that Pururiru evolves at level 40, 10 levels higher than when Tentacool would evolve. Also, why do they get Water Spout when they're slow?

King Gumball

Years
  • Spoiler:

Is that pink heart her mouth? Or is it just.... a heart shape to make her look more feminine? I would think that like her male counter part, her mouth would be under neath her in the middle of her dress like tentacles [since the male has no visible mouth, I am assuming that is where it is].

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • Spoiler:

Is that pink heart her mouth? Or is it just.... a heart shape to make her look more feminine? I would think that like her male counter part, her mouth would be under neath her in the middle of her dress like tentacles [since the male has no visible mouth, I am assuming that is where it is].
    The heart shape is the mouth all right. The male Burungel's mouth is hidden in the "mustache."

King Gumball

Years
  • The heart shape is the mouth all right. The male Burungel's mouth is hidden in the "mustache."

Oh cool! No I'm wondering how it eats, seeing how short it's tenticles are and how enormous its head is :pink_tongue: I cannot wait to see it in the anime!

As for the male jelly, [Mr Pringle!] I wonder what it's mustache feels like... I bet it feels like that jelly blubber that gets washed up on beaches sometimes.

Haza

☆A Life of Pokémon and Beyoncé ☆
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    Since the are Kings and Queens maybe they are fed by their servants...

The Lord of Smug
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Oct 17, 2013
    Tons of pokemon don't have a mouth and still manage to eat.

[ontopic]I love that ice cream pokemon. Its cute, and it's actually pretty strong. 540 BST doesn't lie.[/ontopic]

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back