• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Your opinions of B/W Pokémon - Favourites and Least Favourites

Status
Not open for further replies.

twistedpuppy

Siriusly Twisted
    Years
    • Seen Jul 18, 2015
    We have a right to hate!

Emonga is indeed cute, but for the cute rodent type creature of B/W, Minccino's kinda taken that role. Plus it seems like EVERY electric type this generation is awesome - those mainly being my favourites. XD

Eh...Minccino would have won that title if Chillaccino's design was a little more unique than just adding strands of fur, but Emonga still takes the cake in my book. I do wish Emonga would have gotten an evolution though. :(

Not every electric type this generation is awesome. *points below*

Your opinions of B/W Pokémon - Favourites and Least Favourites

And all throw in the genie for all you haters. Even though it rocks :P

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    ACTUALLY. Chirachiino's design is pretty amazing if you look at the actual Sugimori art. It's so "awwwwwwwwwwwwww" and yes I was ~originally~ a hater. :3

And yeah the eels and voltolos suck. XD; Forgot about them! But every other electric type is awesome y/y? :D

twistedpuppy

Siriusly Twisted
    Years
    • Seen Jul 18, 2015
    Chillaccino's artwork = win. Chillaccino's sprite = try again in the third installation.
    And yes the electric types are awesome, with the exception of the aforementioned.

Years
    We've all professed are hatred over the worst mons, Maggyo & Crimgan. (Gothimu is not included haters) But now I must profess my love for the best Pokémon of Gen V...EMONGA!

This epic little mon can fly, shoot bolts of lightning, and hypnotize your enemies with it cuteness. And for all of the battle savvy folks, I am aware that it's stats suck (with the exception of it's speed stat) and it'll most likely end up in the lower tiers, but look at it! LOOK AT IT! I would play UU/NU exclusively just to have this little guy on my team. SQUEE~! XD​

As much as I love Emonga's design, I would never use it in my team, since it's just a waste of space for a Flying type that can actually LEARN FLY. I just hate it when there's a Flying type Pokemon incapable of learning Fly (since that's why I always have a Flying type in my teams :x). But if it was just an Electric type, then I'd definitely use it in one of my teams. :3

twistedpuppy

Siriusly Twisted
    Years
    • Seen Jul 18, 2015

As much as I love Emonga's design, I would never use it in my team, since it's just a waste of space for a Flying type that can actually LEARN FLY. I just hate it when there's a Flying type Pokemon incapable of learning Fly (since that's why I always have a Flying type in my teams :x). But if it was just an Electric type, then I'd definitely use it in one of my teams. :3

Pfft...Fly...that's what this little guy/gal is for.

Not the best of HM slaves, but close enough.

Emonga's got it's weaknesses like exposure to Rock and Ice types, but thanks to it's dual Flying type it's able to avoid the pesky Earthquakes which is a huge bonus.

Years
    • Seen Jun 12, 2011
    ACTUALLY. Chirachiino's design is pretty amazing if you look at the actual Sugimori art. It's so "awwwwwwwwwwwwww" and yes I was ~originally~ a hater. :3

And yeah the eels and voltolos suck. XD; Forgot about them! But every other electric type is awesome y/y? :D

:O

How dare you insult the awesome eels! I think they have great designs and decent stats (the speed dosen't really bother me because i plan to use him on a trick room team :P)

I'll agree with Voltolos though. I'm not to fond of his design, and i rarely bother with legendarys. He has great stats though.

King Gumball

Haven't been here for ages...
    Years
    Gochimu is still cute

Emonga is almost as cute. It is just a little too white, it is like it is wearing that Japanese paint stuff. Otherwise it is pretty cute, much cuter and much better than Pachirisu. Although Pachi's shiny is a thousand times better.

The final evo of the eels is pretty cool, especially it's shiny. It's shiny is just pro <3

Years

Pfft...Fly...that's what this little guy/gal is for.

Not the best of HM slaves, but close enough.

Emonga's got it's weaknesses like exposure to Rock and Ice types, but thanks to it's dual Flying type it's able to avoid the pesky Earthquakes which is a huge bonus.

*Gasp* I would NEVER use such an amazing Pokemon as a Fly slave! (Heck, I don't even use HM slaves at all :x). I'm planning on using one in a team, so yeah I'll teach it Fly, but I wouldn't use it as a slave. :<

Years
    The first time I saw Emonga, I was sure that it was Pachirisu's evolutionary form. xD;; I like the design but I never got to use one. Emonga's stats are unimpressive though; especially HP. Same goes for the moveset, which is pretty decent.

JP

wut?
    Years
    • Age 34
    • USA
    • Seen Dec 13, 2019

the worst pokemon of gen 5

There was a time I would have agreed with that. When the sprites first came out for this gen, it seemed like the ugliest, most unoriginal thing I'd ever seen in the Pokemon world. Then... I played the game and saw its animation and my view on it completely changed. It has this really evil, yet cute giggle/laugh... that alone makes it that much cooler to me. Plus it has a cool dual typing.

As for the discussion on Emonga. I've had a soft spot for the thing since its image first leaked. It looks cute as hell, and it has an awesome typing. I've yet to try it in the game though, but its typing alone makes me interested in it.

Her

Years
    • Seen Jun 2, 2024

this is also up there with bad pokemon

this too

and finally,

and all of it's subsequent forms

this is the best pokemon of gen 5 however, including it's other forms

solarowl

I'll always be an Outsider.
    Years

Your opinions of B/W Pokémon - Favourites and Least FavouritesYour opinions of B/W Pokémon - Favourites and Least FavouritesYour opinions of B/W Pokémon - Favourites and Least FavouritesYour opinions of B/W Pokémon - Favourites and Least FavouritesYour opinions of B/W Pokémon - Favourites and Least FavouritesYour opinions of B/W Pokémon - Favourites and Least FavouritesYour opinions of B/W Pokémon - Favourites and Least FavouritesYour opinions of B/W Pokémon - Favourites and Least FavouritesYour opinions of B/W Pokémon - Favourites and Least FavouritesYour opinions of B/W Pokémon - Favourites and Least FavouritesYour opinions of B/W Pokémon - Favourites and Least Favourites
    The electric pokemon of Gen V. I think.
    Blitzle line: Blitzle and Zeburaika are both pretty awesome. Zuburaika is really cool, and Blitzle is cute. :3
    Emonga: Yeah, its cute, but I really hate Pikachu clones. Disregarding that, its pretty cute, and has a fairly well typing too.
    Bachuru line: I guess all the electric pokemon so far are pretty cute. x3
    Shibishirasu line: I dislike its unevolved and first evolution form. But I actually kind of like Shibrudon for some reason. And, its the first pokemon with a one type and no weaknesses.
    Maggyo: At first, I really hate it, and I still do. But after getting used to it a bit, it didn't really seem that bad.
    Voltolos: I dislike most of the genies and that includes this one.
    Zekrom: It's the cover of Pokemon White, Iand it looks pretty cool and awesome. 'nuff said.
    Overall, many of the electric pokemon are pretty cute or cool, but some, only a few, have bad designs.

King Gumball

Haven't been here for ages...
    Years

^ This thing looks like a mutant Unown to me. XD;;
    The colours don't appeal to me either. I dislike the design altogether. =(

It temps me to worship it. It is like the top of a totem pole or a flying pokemon tiki XD

I LOVE ITTTT

Pure creativity, way better Xatu, hypnotising colours and should have been the pure flying type (since it is like a flying type God thing) instead of the genie. One of my favourite gen 5 pokemon

Years
    When it comes to the phycic types in B/W, I like Gochiruzeru and it's pre-evolutions, especially Gothimu. It's not evil at all. =( Contradictory to what a few people here think. *coughnicacough*

It's moveset doesn't impress me though. =D

twistedpuppy

Siriusly Twisted
    Years
    • Seen Jul 18, 2015

I don't get it. I know it's design is based on Native American/South American influences, but I just don't understand it. Part of me wants to brush my hair with it. .____.​

blue

gucci
    Years
    Over the few months of knowing about Black & White, i've developed a good few favourites, Denchura, Bachuru, Choroneko, Lepardas, Mamepato, Hatooboo, Kenhorou, Shandera, Wargle, Blitzle, Zeburaika, Vanipeti, Baniricchi, Baibanira ect.

I can't really pick one that I dislike.

Cometmonster

TheBeastofTheStars
    Years
    I love all of the 5th gen. pokemon, but I only have three favorites:
    Enbuoh,Zekrom,and especially Zoroark. Something about them makes me love them!
    Its probably because they all have "dark" designs. Heck, Zoroark is a dark type!

Last edited:
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Aug 21, 2021

I don't get it. I know it's design is based on Native American/South American influences, but I just don't understand it. Part of me wants to brush my hair with it. .____.​

I really like Shinbora, if it wasn't for my overbearing love of Rankurusu it would definitely have had a place on my team.

I don't always feel I have to understand a pokemon fully to enjoy it, but maybe that's just me. I love it's quirkyness...and how it's seemingly random. Plus it's species name is "Pseudo-Bird" which is very interesting. It's like some ancient civilization painted a Nazca line of a bird in a very stylized and artsy way....and then it just came to life.

I still wonder which are it's main eyes, the top one....or the two bottom ones. Are they even all functioning eyes? Sometimes I think it's actually a cyclops and the two eyes on it's body are just markings....

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back