• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Your own Poké Ball!

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    There are thousands of different Poké Balls out there. If you were given the chance to create your own, what would you name it, and what would its effect(s) be? How would you imagine its design to be? Could it be bought from stores, or would be required to do other things in order to get a hold of them?

Shhmew

Years
  • There's thousands of different pokeballs??? o__o

I've always wanted a contrast to a Dusk Ball... a Dawn Ball? Works better in the daytime and outdoors. hehe.

Maybe an Aerial ball for flying types and levitaters?

Drayton

Chilled Dude of The Elite Four
    Years
    • He/They/Them
    • Seen Feb 21, 2024
    Hmm my mind is juggling the scene of creativity right now ~_~
    Here it goes...
    • Magnetic Ball: Supremely increases catch rate of Steel-Type pokemons (Only be given if trainer catches more than 100 steel type pokemon) :P
    • Affection Ball: same catch rate as pokeball, but increase happiness factory by 25% when caught (Made using Red, Blue and Yellow Apr)
    • Static Ball: normal catch rate, but greatly increase catch rate when pokemon is paralyze or asleep (1000 Poke Money / Found on any city)
    • Poltergeist Ball: Normal catch rate for non-ghost type, 35x catch rate against GHOST-TYPE pokemon
    • Mega Ball: Normal catch rate without having mega evolution, 50x catch rate to pokemon that can mega evolve (this case, you catch pinsir for example, that pinsir can evolve to mega, so catch rate is higher) (Only once after certain task :P)

ok.. I think I went too far

Years
  • I'd likely make a Mineral Ball, a silver pokeball with diamonds encursted around it, it'd be doubly effective against Rock, Steel and Ground types.

I'd probably open my own little store in like Canalave and sell them there, the people going to Iron Island are going to buy them all up and I'll be a millionaire who'll move to Undella Town.

Altair1

Willpower
    Years
  • Eviolite Ball: Capture rate increases if the Pokemon is not at it's final stage evolution form. (x3) It has the same shiny pinkish colour the Eviolite has on top of the Pokeball. White underside.

Target Ball: Same catch rate as a Great Ball but is able to 'lock on' to one Pokemon in a horde battle or if the Pokemon is in a semi-invulnerable state such is in the sky (Fly) or underwater (Dive) or in the shadows (Phantom Force/Shadow Force).
    It has a target pattern circling on top of the Pokeball. White underside.

I imagine these Pokeballs would be able to bought in late game marts for 1000 pokedollars each.

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    As for me, I'd probably make "Legend Ball." Aside from via lotteries, it could be found only once per game, just like Master Ball. This ball may only be used on legendaries, and has hundred-percent capture rate. If used on a non-legend, the Pokémon will break free. Another would be "Attack Ball." Whenever Pokémon are captured in it, they'd be gaining Attack EVs much faster.

Blueredemption

Never stop exploring!
    Years
    • Age 25
    • Seen Oct 16, 2023
    Shiny Ball: instantly catches shiny pokemon.

Only avalible at the pokemon league and should cost some outrageous price

Timbjerr

[color=Indigo][i][b]T-o-X-i-C[/b][/i][/color]
    Years
  • HP Ball, Protein Ball, Iron Ball, Calcium Ball, Zinc Ball, Carbos Ball.

They have the same catch rate as your standard Ultra Ball, but with the benefit of instantly adding 100 EVs of their respective stat to your captured pokémon.

The hold item that grounds flying and levitating pokémon would probably require a name change. XD

Sonata Of Chaos

Harnesser of Emeralds
    Years
    • Seen Dec 15, 2014
    - Assurance Ball : Istantly catches a pokemon whose life is equal or less than 10% of their maximum HP. Buyable at about 3000¥ per piece in shops.
    - Family Ball : The captured Pokemon has an higher chance to pass some of its highest IVs to its child. Buyable at 10.000¥ per piece at the Pokemon Day Care
    - Chorus Ball : the captured Pokemon has its moves powered up for every other Pokemon inside a Chorus Ball. Obtainable only via daily fight with someone. Maximum extra power: 60%
    - Synchro Ball : having a Pokemon inside a Synchro Ball makes finding pokemons of the same type as that one easier. Only works for the pokemon on the first team slot. Obtaineable from Cyan Apricorns

Years
  • Could I create an "Adorable Ball"? :3 It's name basically speaks for itself, although that term is subjective and can be different from person to person. Though, for my usage, I could have an easier time catching all the cute Pokemon in the game!

Years
    • Seen Jul 12, 2016
    i would make a pokeball for every type of stone, and it would only catch a pokemon that evolves with that stone, it would then evolve that pokemon and the pokeball would turn into a premiere ball.

there would be balls for icy and mossy rocks, and sylveon balls for eevee to turn into sylveon with. all of them would cost 2500, ecept for sylveon ball which would be 2000. Also, there would be a pokeball called a slaveball, and it lets the pokemon inside it use any hm move, but it has a lower rating than a pokeball against normal pokemon, but would work well against pokemon that normally learn the hms.

stp

ShootThePuck
    Years
  • Evolution Ball: x3 against Pokemon with two evolutions left, x2 against Pokemon with one evolution left, x1 against fully evolved Pokemon, x0.5 against Pokemon that don't evolve.

Gigabeat

Professionals and all.
    Years
  • Deevolution Ball- Causes the catch rate of the Pokemon to sharply fall. The Pokemon will fall by one evolution stage when it is captured. Otherwise, it has no effect.

Chain Ball- Has a 20% Chance of randomly passing on a move that your Pokemon has to another Pokemon when captured. Sharply lowers the catch rate of the Pokemon.

Synchronize Ball- Has a 20% Chance of passing your Pokemon's nature to the other Pokemon when captured. Sharply lowers the catch rate of the Pokemon.

Power Ball - The catch rate increases sharply for Pokemon with a BST of 550 and above.

Shiny Ball - The catch rate increases sharply for shiny Pokemon.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jun 4, 2014
    The vanquilatrist ball,when a pokemon is using moves such as fantom force,dive,fly and such,it has a slightly higher catch rate than an ultra ball,otherwise It has the capture rate of a poke ball.

RSC Cooper Inc

Disciple of Jesus Christ
    Years
  • Bonded Ball Catch rate of 2x. If it fails, it will retry if the Pokemon faints.

Bite Ball Catch rate of 4x towards any Pokemon that has a weakness to Dark type. 1x against those that are resistant, and 2x otherwise

Hero of Twilight

Rest in Peace Iwata.
    Years
    • Seen Mar 5, 2016
    thunder ball with a 3x rate for catching electric types, normal for everything else
    design is green camo with lightning around the center, modeled after lt. surge

Starry Windy

Everything will be Daijoubu.
    Years
  • Friendly Ball, its catch rate is the same as the normal Pokéball, but it raises happiness and affection to the highest possible.

SnowpointQuincy

Seeker of FRIEND CODES
    Years
  • I would bring back ball capsules, but that's just me... :15:

Burn Ball - Effective on fire types and burned pokemon.

Zorogami

WUB WUB
    Years
  • Chaining Ball - Base Catch Rate of 1.0x, after each consecutive throw it increases by 0.1.

Opportunist Ball - Base: 1.0x, if the opposing Pokemon misses an attack, Rate of 3.0x in the following turn.

Infirmary Ball - Base 1.0x, if the opposing Pokemon has a status condition 2.5x. Heals status condition if caught.

Ultimatum Ball - Base 1.0x, if the opposing Pokemon has no PP in any attack left 4.0x.

Back