• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Your personal signature~

Do you have a special signature/sign off that represents you?

• Total voters

Ayano Katagiri

♥ 陳意涵 - 痞子英雄
    Years
    Do you or did you have a signature or a special sign off that you do/did with your every post??

Like, do you always write your username, or something that resembles you at the end of your post?

I know some people like doing this, taking the time to type out their very special words or phrase. XD

Phanima

That servant of the evil one
    Years
    • Seen Oct 11, 2011
    No, I've never done it and don't plan to. I have nothing against the people who do but I just find it unnecessary, especially those who sign their username/names. I mean, when you post, people can already tell that "you" posted it since half your profile is displayed whenever you do post, so signing your alias seems like a waste of time. Then again, I have nothing against it and I admit that it makes the post look more formal, but why would you want to?

Years
    • Seen Dec 8, 2023
    I find it funny cause 'signing off' each post defeats the purpose of actually having a signature XD

So, needless to say, I have never done it. 'cept for emails, but that's just cause I like being all formal and such :3

Hakeen

-
    Years
    • Seen Dec 18, 2010
    I used to... back when I was simpsonqueen, that seemed to stop once I started posting in the DCC... I abandoned all the special features of a post but meh, I got tired of trying to think of a new saying to put at the end of each post. XD

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
    I used to about...4 years ago? Maybe 5 years, actually. Damn it's been a while. Anyway, I'd always sign my posts off like this:

Bai,
    Lightning

Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2020
    This is what signatures are for; but if these sign-off things are done properly they do look formal. I seldom bother with much of a signature either though.

Ayano Katagiri

♥ 陳意涵 - 痞子英雄
    Years
    I looked up and I used to do this when I first joined PC last year. Dunno why I used Pochama, but I used to sign off with:

!!**Alex**!!
    Your personal signature~

Years
    I never have because, personally, it annoys me when other people do it.

I think I've actually told someone this before when I was in a bad mood:
    "Oh thanks! We couldn't have figured out your username by looking up slightly. You just saved a millisecond of my time; good for you."
    xD

Years
    I'd think of it as a chore really if I started doing it. Which I never have done. D: Especially when I'm in a rush to post, I wouldn't bother with typing down anything excessive.

Melody

Banned
    Years
    I dont do that because by the time i get donr typing and proofreading and 2nd,3rd and 4th POV reading the post I am too impatient to add a signature...unless I am trying to be formal...then I will sign:
    -Poketrainer2004

Other than that I dont sign casual posts...just the ones that are really formal or sincere...

Alter Ego

that evil mod from hell
    Years
    Nope, people 'signing off' has just always rubbed me the wrong way. I mean, like Kenji-kun said: that's just excess text and pointless self-promotion. (I mean seriously, no-one doing it has a username so glorious that I'd want to see it twice per post. Plus, those pokémon smilies are seriously spammy <_<)

I sometimes do it in PM convos with people, though. When both declare their name at the end of the PM it makes it a lot easier to see where one message ends and the other begins in the reply box (where everything is a freakin' forest of tags), quite handy when there's something like ten quote boxes stacked together. In regular posting, the only purpose it serves is lowering my opinion of the signer. xP

Geometric-sama

The Manly Man of Steel
    Years
    I'll just go ~JA in PMs - I treat them like email in that I always sign off - but in a regular post, I don't bother. I mean, my name's right there for them to see anyway. I used to use "DUDE!!! XD" a lot in my posts, but that was way back when we had the "DUDE!!! XD" club and stuff.

Years
    I've never signed off my posts unless it was a dare. I think. If I did it outside of a dare, it's been too long ago. XD

I'm too lazy to post my name again. I'd also forget. I tried posting colored font ages ago, but I eventually became too lazy to do it. Just imagine doing a signature after every post. @_@

...-- Sammi Ah, just once won't kill me. XD

Chibi-chan

The Freshmaker!
    Years
    I used to have fonts that matched by signature...until I got to the blinding pinks and the unreadable ones. Posting's good without them.

Years
    • MA
    • Seen Jul 26, 2008
    I used to use my own little signature in PMs and Emails, then just kinda stopped, after realizing it took more time to actually post up the signature the write the message xD

Something like this...

Your personal signature~
    Murrrderrrface

Back