• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Your philosophy on life.

MurkMire

[font=special elite][color=#FF3399]Toxic Terror[/c
Years
  • To me, life is what you make of it.

My meaning to it is, I'll find it somehow. Maybe I won't find the meaning to my life, but I'll find a meaning.

What is life to you all?

psyanic

pop a wheelie on a zeitgeist
    Years
    • Age 27
    • USA
    • Seen Apr 10, 2023
    I don't really have a motive in life. I simply want to live really...

Oryx

CoquettishCat
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 30, 2015
    I was never a fan of "my meaning in life is to find meaning in life." It just endlessly loops in on itself and doesn't seem to be a real philosophy. Once you find meaning are you technically done with life because you completed what you set out to do in your meaning? Which one supersedes the other? Never made sense to me.

I would say personally my life philosophy is to do what's right and never be afraid to change. A lot of people take 'be yourself' so hardcore that they refuse to change ever, even if they're wrong, and I want to make sure I'm not one of those people.

GGJ

Roaming & Learning
    Years
  • My life philosophy is mainly Transcendentalism and that your intuition is one of your main things that will help you a lot in your life.

Also I'm a big reformer, I like to rebel against things that I sincerely think are injust and I am one of those people that think you should always stay true to yourself and never forget who you are.

MagicalNeko

Magical and Fluffy Trainer
    Years
    • UK
    • Seen Jan 29, 2012
    Have fun and eat cake ^^

alternatively if you do not like cake feel free to try our range of confectionary ^w^

Years
  • My philosophy on life would be to make the most out of it. Whatever you end up doing in your life time, ensure you live to your full extent so that you can die with minimal regrets.

Nihilego

[color=#95b4d4]ユービーゼロイチ パラサイト[/color]
    Years
  • To me, life is what you make of it.

Essentially this. I'm not into the whole idea of a meaning of life but I think that's because everyone is different so finding one single 'standard' meaning wouldn't work for everyone.

It's best to just live your life how you want to and see where it takes you. That's what I do, anyway! I'm a really firm believer that if you want to do something which isn't absolutely stupid then you should by all means do it and enjoy it. You only live once (or so I'd assume) so make every minute of work the way you think it should work for you. Don't let anyone tell you what you should or shouldn't be doing. It's your life and you should be in control of it.

Dawn

[span="font-size:180%;font-weight:900;color:#a568f
    Years
  • At this point in my life my philosophy would have to be...

Do my best within my limits.
    Feel no regret.
    Do not dwell on the past.
    Never allow myself to feel sorry for myself.
    Stay true to myself, even if that means enduring the hatred of others. That means resisting the temptation of senseless rebellion and corruption.
    Strive for good things, but do not expect them. Simply be thankful when they come.
    Fight for truth, not ideals.

Shining Raichu

Expect me like you expect Jesus.
    Years
  • My philosophy has always been to live in whatever way makes me happy and never try to prevent others from doing the same.

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
    Years
  • I figure live so you're happy with your life. Do what seems interesting to you, do what you think is fun. Have a bit of common sense of course. And making others happy is also a good thing. But do what you will, cause it's your life.

Exzessiva

~shy trainer with a shy Ralts~
    Years
  • My philosophy in life is pretty simple. I believe in myself and not trust anyone. I have realized that being dependant on others would only be a hurdle in my way since it's my own life and I must try to believe in my own abilities rather than relying on someone else. But that is not entirely possible so I try to depend on them as minimum as possible.

I do what is within my capabilities and stay happy as much as possible.
    That's the only way I can die with with no regrets and be content with my life.

Stellar

Minior used Cosmic Power!
    Years
  • My philosophy is about being as happy as you can be for as long as you can manage. What better way is there to spend your life besides enjoying it?

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
    Years
  • Essentially, my philosophy can be summed up in the Oscar-winning song from The Man Who Knew Too Much: "Que Sera, Sera". None of us know what life is going to hurl at us, but it's going to happen regardless, and life will nevertheless move on. Some people think of it as fatalistic, but to me it's very life-affirming. What will be, will be.

Back