• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Your Phobias?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Percy Thrillington

The Mad Hatter
Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2023
    Um... did I just read what I thought I read? Do you actually think it's okay that people were seriously upset by some sicko? Or are you being sarcastic?

No, never once did I say it was okay to post images of decapitated dead people in order to scare people as young as ten away from a Pokémon forum. What I did say was that he was an example of trollsmanship at its best. That doesn't mean I like what he did nor do I approve of what he did, but he accomplished quite the feat and I give him credit for that.

Years
    • Seen Jul 16, 2013
    No, never once did I say it was okay to post images of decapitated dead people in order to scare people as young as ten away from a Pokémon forum. What I did say was that he was an example of trollsmanship at its best. That doesn't mean I like what he did nor do I approve of what he did, but he accomplished quite the feat and I give him credit for that.

But still, I don't think you should be giving credit for any sort of trolling. :x

Anyway... haha, I have a lot of fears. IRL, I'm most known for my fear of birds, namely seagulls. It's all from an incident when I was younger, and since then, they still scare me. ._.;;

Funny how I fear the stupidest things but I love the things lots of people fear, such as heights and spiders. XD;

ZBDP

1st-2nd Generation Pokemon Fan
    Years
  • My worst fear is clowns...i don't know what it is,but they are soo scary!! They're just TOO Happy if ya know what i mean!!...*shudders*

Asura Nirosuki

Shes a good person~
    Years
    • Seen Nov 12, 2014
    Toads/frogs so disgusting inside and outside why do they exist? I could take free falling which its is deadly over having IT stuck in my room again.

Years
  • Bees and wasps. And no, I'm not allergic. I'm just flat-out petrified of them.

I have a very slight fear of heights. I'm not paranoid, but being up in a high place where it's possible to fall makes me feel extremely insecure.

As a previous poster mentioned, death. I'm more afraid of the death of people I care about than my own death, though.

Being alone in a large crowd. I feel somewhat trapped, and even helpless, if you want to go that far. I sometimes even get this feeling when I'm working on the checkouts by myself and I have a mile-long line of customers waiting to be served.

Dark, enclosed spaces. I'm not afraid of the dark, but if it's dark and enclosed… that's a different story. For example, there's this huge water slide at a hotel I once visited. It's like a tube, so you're in pitch blackness until you come flying out the end into the pool. My 6 and 8 year old cousins were having the time of their lives sliding down that slide, but it took every ounce of my willpower to force myself into that long, dark, curving water slide. And I'm 22...

This isn't exactly a phobia, but I can't stand overly graphic and gory scenes, especially operation scenes on TV shows. I never watch shows like ER for this very reason.

But yeah, I've had this fear of vomiting for as long as I can remember. It just reallly creeps me out. I would get so scared whenever me and my friends would go to an amusement park or somethnig and go on rides after we ate or they would talk about being sick or w/e. That kinda stuff sends shivers down my spine. I just can't take it. -__- The last time I threw up was years and years ago, apparently I can't stand it myself lol.
    That is also one of my biggest fears. Fortunately, I get sick so rarely that I usually don't have to worry about this happening to me.

kohei

Pizzaman.
    Years
  • The fear of common roaches (the brown cockroach and American cockroach) for some reason.

I'm perfectly fine with exotic species such as the green banana roach and the Madagascar hissing roach.

Guillermo

i own a rabbit heh
    Years
  • Spiders....I frigging hate them, I kill them for fun they scare me that much! xD They are so freaky with their big fangs and 8 eyes, and 8 legs

I do not fear death, for I know that something has to happen after death, a new life or heaven or something, you don't just die and rot for ever and ever! I have a fear of the people close to me dying though, I would probably go Emo if any of my family died, I can't live without them!

Patchy

-
    Years
  • I have lots...

The dark
    WASPS
    BEES
    Any bugs that fly. I don't mind birds though.
    Public speaking.
    Being alone in the house, then hearing someone coming down the stairs. X_X
    HEIGHTS
    Aliens
    Ghosts
    Being posessed

I don't like being around people who are mean or I don't know. I tend to go quiet. I just need my space.

My last three are strange, I know. But it's just me. X_X

And I'm going to the Grand Canyon in 2010, I was meant to go this year.

May my soul rest in peace. :(

Unforgettable

Melodies of Life
    Years
  • This is going to sound crazy. But I don't mind needles, but the thought of an IV scares me. And Ladybugs... They are so gross... and scare the heck out of me.
    I also don't like birds. It's not that they scare me as much as gross me out majorly... but they can be scary.

The Original Darkwiz787

Stuck with text below my name.
    Years
    • Seen Jun 24, 2014
    Heights, telephones XD(I HAVE NO IDEA WHY!!!!)
    Dark, Flying monkeys, Death, and losing pokemon emerald!!! (Oh and waking up and not being German!! I love being part German!!!)

Motsuko Live

... pronounced Mös.
    Years
  • One of the guys I work with told me he has a Phobia of peaches; I swear to God. Well, he said they make him angry more than they scare him...

>>
    <<
    ... not a clue.

Kitty-Kat

Shirley Huge Chest
    Years
  • I am afraid of being alone in the dark, growing old, windows that I can see out at night, houseflies, pretty much all bugs actually, something appearing behind me in the mirror, losing my memory, having false memories, having certain people leave me, the future, and death. And I don't know how many of those are phobias precisely, I just know I have irrational fears of all of them.

Also, I am very jumpy. XD If I am sitting in a room by myself and suddenly someone shows up and says something to me, I jump through the roof, and scream like I just saw a ghost. It's awful. .__.;

Aurafire

provider of cake
    Years
  • Arachnophobia is my only big one....

I don't know there's a word for fear of dead things, but i'm also slightly...whatever that is.

EDIT: Necrophobia....thank you wikipedia. Just the fear of dead things, not death itself.

Lucy Lu

Keep On Moving Foward...
    Years
    • Seen Mar 6, 2014
    Oh there are things that I am afraid of:

Insects: Spiders, Cockroaches, etc...anything that moves and it is inside. I am afraid of.
    Rollercosters: The really high ones and they go at mach speed. Omg, I feel like I could fall from the car and to my death.
    Death
    Hurricanes and Tornadoes
    Guns
    Terrorism
    Walking alone at night
    Very Big Dogs

Those are some of my fears.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back