• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen Your Pokémon Team

Status
Not open for further replies.

shanecdavis

Prof. Davis
    Years
    • Age 52
    • Utah
    • Seen Jul 27, 2010
    To be honest, this team is going to get raped by an uber team. If you want to be competitive against an uber team, you are going to need MUCH better Pokes and then you are also going to need to understand breeding and EV training and hope your friend doesn't. First let's cover the Pokes you currently have: (fixes in bold)
    nicholai-suraci said:
    This is my new ruby/Firered cross over team that im training

Gengar Lv. 62
    Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
    - Giga Drain/Fire Punch
    - Ice Punch
    - Thunderbolt
    - Hypnosis/Destiny Bond/Fire Punch

Timid because Gengar needs as much speed as possible since it doesn't have the defenses to withstand an uber hit. Also, since you are battling an uber team, go with special attacks. FP and IP can only be acquired through the Emerald Move Tutor, so if you don't have that you will have to go with something else. Hypnosis is nice, but Destiny Bond can take an uber with you.

Vulpix (hatched) lv 25
    calm
    moveset not finnish-it'l be an annoyer

Don't even bother with Ninetales. It can be a good disabler, but its type makes it too vulnerable.

Chimeco lv.30
    relaxed
    not sure yet-what do the ye think

Personally, I think Chimeco should stay in its nice, safe PC so it doesn't get hurt.

trapinch lv.25(not sure do i want it)
    Flygon
    Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
    - Dragon Claw
    - Earthquake
    - Quick Attack
    - Rock Slide

Flygon can be a great addition to your team, if you raise it properly. If you have access to a Choice Band, it can beat a lot of ubers since most are a bit frail on the physical side. It does require you be good at predicting though, so practice before you battle.

thats the start anyway i,m contimplating putting in scizor/suicine or gyarados
    any ideas? i kind of need help-i need a team to beat my friends uber teams which are strong and finnished- unlike mine
    The rest of your team basically depends on whether or not you are going to use ubers or legendaries yourself. You said you were thinking about Suicune. I guess you need to decide how you are going to play and then we can take steps to help you improve your team. What I will tell you is that you definitely need a Poke that can take a bunch of special attacks without any problem. Your best bets are Snorlax (first option since it can attack the best), Regice, and Blissey. In that order. I would even consider having two of them. I would also suggest going with physical attackers, again to take advantage of the physical weakness that most uber Pokes share. Groudon is the best uber in the game. Personally, I would work hard and beat your friend without resorting to using ubers, but it is up to you. Tyranitar, Dragonite, Salamence, and Metagross are good alternatives.

Shiny

content creator on twitch
    Years
    My TWO teams as following:

OFFENSIVE TEAM:

Pokemon:Blaziken
    Level:50
    Item:Charcoal
    Nature:Brave
    Attacks:Double Kick,Mirror Move,Blaze Kick,Overheat

Pokemon:Slaking
    Level:40
    Item:None
    Nature:Hardy
    Attacks:Secret Power,Slack Off,Hyper Beam,COunter

Pokemon:Armaldo
    Level:40
    Item:Hard Rock
    Nature:Impish
    Attacks:Aerial Ace,Cut,Rock Smash,Ancient Power

Pokemon:SHINY Manectrike
    Level:38
    Item:Magnet
    Nature:Hasty
    Attacks:Spark,Strength,Quick Attack,Thunderbolt

Pokemon:Sharpedo
    Level:38
    Item:Mystic Water
    Nature:Naive
    Attacks:Crunch,Slash,Dive,Surf

Pokemon:Xatu
    Level:39
    Item:Cleanse Tag
    Nature:Lonely
    Attacks:Peck,Wish,Night Shade,Fly

DEFENSIVE TEAM:

Pokemon:Goldbat
    Item:Soothe Bell
    Nature:Impish
    Attacks:Bite,Confuse Ray,Wing Attack,Air Cutter

Pokemon:Snorunt
    Level:31
    Item:Nevermeltice
    Nature:Naughty
    Attacks:Bite,Crunch,Icywind,Icebeam

Pokemon:Wailmer
    Level:33
    Item:Mystic Water
    Nature:Jolly
    Attacks:Surf,whirlpool,Dive,Blizzard

Pokemon:Swalot
    Level:33
    Item:Shell Bell
    Nature:Serious
    Attacks:Sludge,Amnesia,Solarbeam,Toxic

Pokemon:Xatu
    Item:Cleanse Tag
    Nature:Lonely
    Attacks:Peck,Wish,Night Shade,Fly

nicholai-suraci

Two Minds in one soul
    Years
    Thanks dude, your very right with the raping i just like those pokes(ninetales and chimecho).Iv changed my team-
    im useing a:
    scizor,pysical+ only one weakness
    gardevoir cos i love her and shes a sp attecker/defender(i searching for shiny)
    gengar again-cos i can't get rid of him

not sure about the rest i got the 3 dogs for the moment
    but i'm searching-thanks again for the tips.

nicholai-suraci

Two Minds in one soul
    Years
    Ok this one of my friends teams.its the best out of all of them since its non-legendary and is badly balanced-still isery strong though eg.slaking and alakazam.
    ok here goes:

Slaking(so strong)
    adament
    shadowball,aerial ace,hyperbeam,earthquke

Alakazam
    calm
    firepunch,icepunch,thunderpunch,psychic

Gardevoir(p.i.t.a)
    calm
    Psychic,attract,swagger,toxic

Dragonite
    can't remember(sp.)
    thunder,surf,flametrower,fly(for some reason)

Snorelax
    something to do with rest+sleeptalk(not sure)

Salmence
    earthquake,flametrower not sure again.

i kinda like,also find it very boring-atleast no legendaries

shanecdavis

Prof. Davis
    Years
    • Age 52
    • Utah
    • Seen Jul 27, 2010
    Okay, thanfully your friend's team isn't that good. You should be able to handle this team without much problem. What I will do is give you suggestions on how to combat each one and then you can take steps on what Pokes you want to use in order to do it: (Suggestions in bold)
    nicholai-suraci said:
    Ok this one of my friends teams.its the best out of all of them since its non-legendary and is badly balanced-still isery strong though eg.slaking and alakazam.
    ok here goes:

Slaking(so strong)
    adament
    shadowball,aerial ace,hyperbeam,earthquke

This is not a good Slaking moveset. Good for you though. There are two options you can go with here. First is a Poke that can handle physical hits (Skarmory, Weezing). Second is have a Poke with either Protect or Substitute. Use Protect during the first turn to prevent Slaking's attack, and then attack Slaking while it is loafing around. Rinse and repeat. Same with Substitute. Sub on the first turn, attack the next, then Sub, etc. Don't forget that Slaking is quite susceptible to special attacks. Slaking isn't too hard to take out if you know what you are doing.

Alakazam
    calm
    firepunch,icepunch,thunderpunch,psychic

While Alakazam can be very powerful with its special attacks, its Def is so weak that it won't stay alive very long. Since this Alakazam only has special attacks, your best counter is a Poke that can take special hits. Pokes like Snorlax, Regice, or Blissey. You can also go with Tyranitar or Metagross that can take a hit, but OHKO Alakazam right back.

Gardevoir(p.i.t.a)
    calm
    Psychic,attract,swagger,toxic

Wow, another bad moveset. Gardevoir and Alakazam on the same team is a very bad idea. Keep in mind that Gardevior has high SDef, but its Def isn't much better than Zam's. A special wall as outlined above works well. Personally, with the status moves this Poke has, you should use a special wall that learns Rest, so it can Rest away whatever Gardy can dish out.

Dragonite
    can't remember(sp.)
    thunder,surf,flametrower,fly(for some reason)

Thankfully yet another bad moveset. Fly???? All you ever need to do is switch in a Poke that resists physical attacks every time their Nite uses it. Dragonite's Atk is much higher than its SAtk, so your friend isn't using it properly. Yet again, a special wall stops Nite and its huge weakness to Ice can be easily exploited. Physical Dragonite is scary. Special Dragonite, not so much.

Snorlax
    something to do with rest+sleeptalk(not sure)

The only real threat on this team. Rest + Sleep Talk is a preferred set of mine. If Snorlax doesn't have Curse, you just need to hit it with strong, physical attacks. If it does have Curse, then you either need a phazer to force switch it or a quick Fighting-type (Heracross) that can inflict a lot of damage. There is no perfect counter for Snorlax. Just a lot of work.

Salmence
    earthquake,flametrower not sure again.

Same problem as Zam/Gardy. At least Salamence has Earthquake. Since Dragonite doesn't have Dragon Dance, and Gardevoir doesn't have Calm Mind, I will assume that Mence doesn't have DD either. Another plus for you. Ice Beam, along with mediocre SDef, takes care of Mence.

i kinda like,also find it very boring-atleast no legendaries
    Overall, this team is pretty frail. Too many attackers with little defense, outside of Snorlax. As I said in my previous post, having TWO special walls (Snorlax, Regice, Blissey) will cause serious problems for this team. A fast Fighting-type, like Spore Breloom or SubPunch/Stalker Heracross would also really help. Finally, a strong physical attacker will round out your team quite nicely.

Last edited:

Archrose

Master Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Jul 7, 2006
    Heres My Team

Heres My Team

Lv. 65 Altaria (F)
    Substitute
    Dragon Dance
    Fly
    Sky Attack

Lv. 65 Flygon (M)
    Double Team
    Hyper Beam
    Earthquake
    Dragon Claw

Lv. 65 Walrein (F)
    Sheer Cold
    Ice Beam
    Blizzard
    Body Slam

Lv. 65 Snorlax (M)
    Mega Punch
    Mega Kick
    Metrenome
    Body Slam

Lv.65 Gardevoir (F)
    Calm Mind
    Psychic
    Imprison
    Future Sight

Lv. 65 Blaziken (M)
    Fire Punch
    Blaze Kick
    Sky Uppercut
    Flamethrower

I need Some Help With My Blaziken, Snorlax, and Walrein Movesets Can Someone Help

Years
    • Age 26
    • USA
    • Seen Jun 22, 2006
    I just started a game for it so I'm not that far:

Bulbasaur
    Lv: 9
    ( I forget his attacks. I'll edit this onece I remember)

Pidge
    Lv: 9
    Tackle
    Sand storm
    Gust

shanecdavis

Prof. Davis
    Years
    • Age 52
    • Utah
    • Seen Jul 27, 2010
    Since you asked for help, here we go: (fixes in bold)
    Archrose said:
    Heres My Team

Lv. 65 Altaria (F)
    - Dragon Claw
    - Fire Blast
    - Perish Song
    - Rest

Okay, a few things first. First, avoid giving two attacking moves of the same type to the same Poke. It is redundant and prevents your Poke from being very effective. Next, avoid using the dreaded two-turn moves like Fly and Sky Attack. They are horrible moves. As for Altaria, it is not a good DDer. That is reserved for Salamence, Charizard, or Dragonite, to name a few. Altaria is mainly a tank of sorts. Dragon Claw and Fire Blast will cause at least normal damage to every Poke in the game. Sleep helps you against the pesky quick Pokes and Perish Song is great in-game since the crappy AI would rather die than switch out. If you really want a DD Dragon, go with Salamence. Please.

Lv. 65 Flygon (M)
    - Earthquake
    - Fire Blast/Dragon Claw
    - Quick Attack
    - Rock Slide

Hyper Beam sucks and don't rely on Double Team. Flygon is a great physical attacker. When you can, get yourself a Choice Band, as it will make Flygon even more deadly. You did well with EQ. Fire Blast is used more competitively than in-game, so you can keep that Dragon Claw for STAB. Quick Attack is a superb move on a CB Flygon. You can get Rock Slide from the Battle Frontier if you have Emerald.

Lv. 65 Walrein (F)
    - Sheer Cold/Toxic
    - Ice Beam
    - Surf
    - Rest/Toxic

OHKO moves are also bad, although with Walrein you don't have a lot of good choices. There are too many better choices out there. Make sure you give it a STAB Surf move though.

Lv. 65 Snorlax (M)
    - Curse/Selfdestruct/Sleep Talk
    - Rest
    - Return/Body Slam
    - Shadow Ball/Earthquake

Rest was made for Snorlax. Its high HP/SDef and solid Def allows it to take a lot of punishment and then Rest all the damage/statuses away. Curse was also made for Snorlax, but if you don't want to take time to breed for it, you can use Selfdestruct (more competitive than in-game) or even go the Sleep Talk route. Stalkerlax can do serious damage. Return or Body Slam is basically your preference, as is Shadow Ball or Earthquake. Seeing as how EQ is currently on Flygon, go ahead with Shadow Ball. It can handle Ghosts and Psychics quite easily. Ghosts since it is immune to their attacks and Psychic because special attacks don't do much damage.

Lv.65 Gardevoir (F)
    - Calm Mind
    - Psychic
    - Rest/Hypnosis
    - Thunderbolt

You are half right with CM/Psychic. Thunderbolt is great on Gardevoir and after one CM, it can hit as if it was STAB. Rest is great in-game with a Chesto/Lum Berry, but only in-game. Don't use those berries competitively. Hypnosis is a second option.

Lv. 65 Blaziken (M)
    - Rock Slide
    - Swords Dance

- Sky Uppercut
    - Flamethrower/Overheat/Fire Blast

THREE Fire-type moves? PLEASE no. The problem with in-game Blaziken is that two of its best moves cannot be acquired until you defeat the E4 and earn enough BP in the Battle Frontier to teach it Rock Slide and Swords Dance. Once you do that though it can be a pretty good Poke. It isn't Swampert and is still a bad type, but it at least becomes somewhat useful.

I need Some Help With My Blaziken, Snorlax, and Walrein Movesets Can Someone Help
    Good luck.

Ichida

The Zealous Blue Partizan
    Years
    Here's what I have planned:

Team Varias Ichi

Assassin / Scizor
    Slash
    Silver Wind
    Metal Claw
    Aerial Ace

Just because. Scizor's an awesome Pokemon to use as an icon Pokemon, with nicely varied move elements.

Monk / Medicham
    Brick Break
    Shadow Ball
    Rock Slide
    Fake Out

The Pure Power ability is maximized here, with Shadow Ball to deal with Ghosts.

Berserker / Nidoking
    Megahorn
    Body Slam
    Earthquake
    Shadow Ball

Pure physical sweeper; Shadow Ball for emergencies.

Guardian / Snorlax
    Body Slam
    Yawn
    Rest
    Snore

Built for defense and stalling with a strong move to use while awake.

Enchanter / Luvdisc
    Attract
    Sweet Kiss
    Toxic
    Return

Obviously a staller.

Sage / Mewtwo
    Psychic
    Flamethrower
    Ice Beam
    Thunderbolt

T3h 00ber special sweeper.

Comments? Suggestions?

Last edited:

shanecdavis

Prof. Davis
    Years
    • Age 52
    • Utah
    • Seen Jul 27, 2010
    Fixes in bold:
    Ichida said:
    Here's what I have planned:

Team Varias Ichi

Assassin / Scizor
    - Agility
    - Silver Wind
    - Return
    - Swords Dance/Baton Pass

Just because. Scizor's an awesome Pokemon to use as an icon Pokemon, with nicely varied move elements.

Scizor would be a much better Poke if its movepool didn't completely suck. Return is sadly its strongest attack. You are better off going with Agility and then Swords Dance/Baton Pass. SD makes it hit hard, and BP can pass its speed and attack power to a different Poke.

Monk / Medicham
    Brick Break
    Shadow Ball
    Rock Slide
    Fake Out

The Pure Power ability is maximized here, with Shadow Ball to deal with Ghosts.

Standard Medicham. Make sure to give a Choice Band as soon as you can.

Berserker / Nidoking
    - Megahorn
    - Sludge Bomb
    - Earthquake
    - Shadow Ball/Rock Slide

Pure physical sweeper; Shadow Ball for emergencies.

Nidoking isn't the best option with its average stats, but it will do. Sludge Bomb for STAB and Rock Slide over Shadow Ball if you can.

Guardian / Snorlax
    - Body Slam/Return/Double-Edge
    - Earthquake/Shadow Ball
    - Rest
    - Curse/Sleep Talk

Built for defense and stalling with a strong move to use while awake.

Please don't put Yawn/Snore on Snorlax. Either breed for Curse, or give it Sleep Talk. With ST, it can attack in its sleep. EQ or SB should be your second attack, and Return/DE can be options as well. DE primarily for the Stalker set so it hits harder and then can Rest off the damage. Snorlax rules.

Enchanter / Luvdisc
    Attract
    Sweet Kiss
    Toxic
    Return

Obviously a staller.

And a horrible one at that. Seriously, Luvdisc is the weakest Water-type in the game. If you want a REAL staller, go with Milotic:

Milotic @ Leftovers
    Trait: Marvel Scale
    Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
    - Ice Beam
    - Recover
    - Surf
    - Toxic/Hypnosis

Sage / Mewtwo
    Psychic
    Flamethrower
    Ice Beam
    Thunderbolt

T3h 00ber special sweeper.

Meh. Ruins your team, imo. I would switch it out for Alakazam/Gardevoir/Gengar to help balance the team more. If you insist on using this thing, Calm Mind over Psychic please.

Comments? Suggestions?
    Aside from Mewtwo and Luvdisc, and to a lesser extent Nidoking, the team is pretty well balanced. I would ditch the aforementioned two and then probably exchange Nidoking for a mixed sweeper that had TB. Good luck.

Ichida

Years
    Thanks for the recommendations. I just decided to chuck Nidoking for an Arcanine, and I suppose Milotic would be better in Luvdisc's place, not to mention its rarity acting as a status symbol. :P

And, eh... excuse my n00bness, but what's so unbalanced about Mewtwo?

shanecdavis

Prof. Davis
    Years
    • Age 52
    • Utah
    • Seen Jul 27, 2010
    Just go into your last post and delete it.

As for Mewtwo, I meant it was unbalanced compared to the rest of your team. For example, Mewtwo's highest base stat is a whopping 154, while it's LOWEST base stat is 90, giving it an average of 113. Now compare that to your team:

Luvdisc: 95 (high), 30 (low), 54 average
    Medicham: 80 (high), 60 (low), 68 average
    Nidoking: 92 (high), 75 (low), 82.5 average
    Scizor: 130 (high), 55 (low), 83 average
    Snorlax: 160 (high), 30 (low), 90 average

So, as you can see, not only is Mewtwo unbalanced as far as the team goes, but you can see just how crappy Luvdisc really is. Medicham looks low, but its Ability ups its average to the mid-70s.

Now let's take out Mewtwo and Luvdisc and add Milotic and Gardevoir:

Gardevoir: 125 (high), 65 (low), 86 average
    Milotic: 130 (high), 60 (low), 90 average

You now have a good balanced team.

Years
    • Seen Dec 12, 2006
    My Combusken lvl 32, my gardevoir level 30, my mightyena, lvl 30, my manectric, lvl 31, my pelliper lvl 30, and my swellow 33

Years
    These are the pokemon im currently training on leaf green

Mewtwo Lv. 79 (ive also got one on lv 100)
    Blastiose Lv. 96
    Fearow Lv. 94
    Gyarados Lv. 77
    Electrode Lv. 90
    Raikou Lv.79

Has anyone got any ideas on what i should train next?
    Ive already got the following on lv 100
    Charizard
    Dragonite
    suicune
    zapdos
    articuno
    moltres
    tyranitar
    lapras
    jolteon
    vaporeon
    golduck
    rapidash
    magneton

Don't tell me something u need a special event or trade to get because i cant do those things

Years
    • Seen Dec 12, 2006
    whats ur team, oh and i started a new game on ruby, my pokemon team on that is mudkip level 8, and poochyena level 8

Ichida

Years
    Alright, new team. This will be my "task force," ones I'll be able to use in the Battle Frontier and whatnot.

Scizor
    Swords Dance
    Agility
    Silver Wind
    Baton Pass

Built as an opening buffer, preferably to maximize the attack power of Medicham. Silver Wind for STAB and the sake of an attack if it needs to.

Medicham
    Fake Out
    Brick Break
    Rock Slide
    Shadow Ball

Maximizes attack with its Pure Power ability, maxed Attack EVs, boosts gained from Scizor, the STAB for Fake Out and Brick Break. Rock Slide for those pesky Flying types, and Shadow Ball to take down Ghosts.

Forretress
    Spikes
    Earthquake
    Rapid Spin
    Explosion

A top spiker with EQ for pure power, and Explosion before it dies.

Ninetales
    Fire Spin
    Confuse Ray
    Toxic
    Flamethrower

Built to trap and slowly kill off the enemy, Flamethrower for ann attack with STAB. Mwahaha. Also a Naruto reference. :P

Milotic
    Hypnosis
    Surf
    Ice Beam
    Recover

Built for all around special prowess, not to mention its good physical defense.

Salamence
    Dragon Dance
    Aerial Ace
    Earthquake
    Flamethrower

Built to decimate whatever the enemy's got left, and I threw in Flamethrower to take down any overzealous Ice types.

Yes, I know, I'm an avid Serebii visitor. So sue me. It works. I think I have a fairly balanced strategic team. Bring on the criticism!!

Last edited:

Latios&Latias381382

rofl, Mac.
    Years
    My team is: Blaziken Lv.85, Venusaur Lv. 73, Dragonite Lv. 72, Charizard Lv.71, Tyranitar Lv.72, Rayquaza Lv.94 some of these Pokemon are from Pokemons 10th Aniv.

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back