• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen Your Pokémon Team

Status
Not open for further replies.

ppee_ex

pokémon colector
Years
  • If you start giving the EV boosting items when you've already trained a Pokémon, its EVs will be full of all kinds of crap and it'll most likely have more than 100 EVs in some stats, meaning the drugs won't have any effect.

here.

but, will my pokemon get the same amount of effort vallues if i tran it using the exp. share?

Smarties-chan

Should've had that name change
    Years
    • Age 22
    • Seen Sep 12, 2015
    but, will my pokemon get the same amount of effort vallues if i tran it using the exp. share?
    Yes, as long as a Pokémon gains experience, it also gains EVs. However, if your lead Pokémon has Macho Brace, the Pokémon holding the exp.share will only get the normal amount of EVs, not the doubled amount.

ppee_ex

pokémon colector
    Years
  • Yes, as long as a Pokémon gains experience, it also gains EVs. However, if your lead Pokémon has Macho Brace, the Pokémon holding the exp.share will only get the normal amount of EVs, not the doubled amount.

is there any other site with the list of the pokemon i must defeat to get each certain amount of EV points? the one at that thread is not openning

Years
    • Seen Nov 25, 2007
    my team is...
    lv 100 sceptile
    lv 97 rayquaza
    lv 75 groudon
    lv 72 kyogre
    lv 69 regirock
    lv 50 registeel
    not bad eh? :)

Last edited:

ppee_ex

pokémon colector
    Years
  • crap... im sorry..... its just.. i have a tast for legendaries in this game.... i dont in red.. not the game boy advance one the game boy one....

yeah ,they really are cool, except for the D/P ones..., they are so ridiculous,i mean, REGIGIGAS? WTF is that? it has trees in its shoulders...the only cool one is that dark one.

Goblinaro

[Insert creative title here]
    Years
  • This is the team i used on sapphire for the battle tower. I never lost, but the
    sapphire was sold by my relative, who owned the game.
    Charizard lvl 50
    Blaziken Lvl 50
    Camerupt lvl 50

Most people would see this as a disadvantage, but my charizard took out a wailord without any help from the rest of my team.

Last edited:

ppee_ex

pokémon colector
    Years
  • Yes, as long as a Pokémon gains experience, it also gains EVs. However, if your lead Pokémon has Macho Brace, the Pokémon holding the exp.share will only get the normal amount of EVs, not the doubled amount.

what if i put macho brace on the weaker pokemon , put him as first at my party, and then switch it with another pokemon at the beginng of the battle instead of using exp. share?

ok, so i wanna train my spheal, i give him all the statts boosting items, put the macho brace at it, and keep switching it for a stronger pokemon on the elite 4, then it will be strong?

Last edited:

ppee_ex

pokémon colector
    Years
  • so, basicly, i just give macho brace for my spheal to hold, go to the E4, start the battle, switch spheal with an stronger pokemon and defeat the oponente, then at the end my walrein will be strong?

Years
    • Seen Jul 29, 2009
    My team

This is my team

Lv 100 zapdos
    Lv 100 Venauser
    Lv 100 kyogre
    Lv 78 Swampert
    lv 62 moltres
    lv 58 articuno

This is my leaf green team i did a lot of trading betwwen my
    sapphire and leaf green game and i have never cheated !!!!!!!!!!! mostly cause i dont have a AR or gameshark
    :D

Smarties-chan

Years
    • Age 22
    • Seen Sep 12, 2015
    so, basicly, i just give macho brace for my spheal to hold, go to the E4, start the battle, switch spheal with an stronger pokemon and defeat the oponente, then at the end my walrein will be strong?
    Not really, since by fighting the e4, your Walrein will be stuffed with all kinds of useless EVs such as Attack and Speed.

Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Apr 8, 2012
    Not really, since by fighting the e4, your Walrein will be stuffed with all kinds of useless EVs such as Attack and Speed.
    If you're not seriously playing against other people (like in tournaments and all that)EVs aren't going to matter. You can play the game just fine without training for EVs.

ppee_ex

pokémon colector
    Years
  • If you're not seriously playing against other people (like in tournaments and all that)EVs aren't going to matter. You can play the game just fine without training for EVs.

but i want a good team... since i am from a small city in brazil it will probably not matter, but i want a good team for myself...

where can i get some good speed EVs? i am training, but myu walrein's speed is not going very well(does macho brace affect its speed while my pokemon grows or just wehile it is holding MB?

Smarties-chan

Years
    • Age 22
    • Seen Sep 12, 2015
    where can i get some good speed EVs? i am training, but myu walrein's speed is not going very well(does macho brace affect its speed while my pokemon grows or just wehile it is holding MB?
    The Macho Brace simply halves the holder's Speed while it's held, it doesn't have a permanent effect. I do not know about Ruby or Sapphire, (so if you're playing either of them, I'm afraid I can't help. =\) but in Emerald the easiest way to get Speed EVs is in Artisan Cave in the Battle Frontier and in FR/LG on Route 1 or Diglett's Cave. But it's usually better to train a Pokémon in its strong stats, which would, in Walrein's case be Special Attack and HP, but if you insist on training your Walrein in Speed, then it doesn't concern anyone else so you can do whatever you want.
    If you're not seriously playing against other people (like in tournaments and all that)EVs aren't going to matter. You can play the game just fine without training for EVs.
    Except that for perfectionists like me, not making my Pokémon reach their full potential is a thought I'd rather stay away from. And in the Battle Frontier EVs do make a difference, seeing as the Battle Frontier Pokémon themselves seem to be EV trained as well. And EV training helps in non-competitive link battles as well. I taught an online friend of mine about EVs and all he needed to beat his non-EV-educated friend was an EV trained Aerodactyl that didn't even have good IVs or anything.

Years
    • Seen Jul 20, 2016
    on emerald my team is

meganium
    tyranitar
    gyrados
    kingdra[super hard to train,but worth it]
    dragonite[same with kingdra]
    now that is a dragon like team.

ppee_ex

pokémon colector
    Years
  • But it's usually better to train a Pokémon in its strong stats, which would, in Walrein's case be Special Attack and HP, but if you insist on training your Walrein in Speed, then it doesn't concern anyone else so you can do whatever you want.

Except that for perfectionists like me, not making my Pokémon reach their full potential is a thought I'd rather stay away from.
    i agree with you...

the problem is that i already have a walrein at level 90, and my new under training Lv55 walrein has less than half of the other's stats...i am afraid that when it gets to 90 it wont be as strong as the original... and i actually hatched a spheal with modest nature to increase its Sp Atk, and gave it 10 of each stats increasing items(unless the one that increases Atk(its atk is 87 at this level,and speed is 94, by the way, and the original one has 202...))

(will it only get speed EV points or will it be not so balanced if i just keep killing those little-emo-painter-beagles from the Artisan Cave?)

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back