• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Your Pokemon X and Y Team So Far?

Years
    • Seen Jan 2, 2016
    I think I'll pick froakie as my starter, and add a litleo and and an inkay to my team. If helioptile get's one of those kick ass evolutions, like the fan made ones on the internet, I will use him too.

Years
    • Seen May 9, 2024
    Fennekin > Braixen
    Pancham > Pangoro
    Noivern
    Spritzee
    Inkay > Malamar
    Meowstic

SnowpointQuincy

Seeker of FRIEND CODES
    Years
    Malimar named Fhtagn.

Vivilon, Swirlix might get bumped off the team. I chose them because I expect them to be weak and want to challenge myself.

Blastin'Tyruntz

Keeps blasting off again!
    Years
    My team so far....i don't have one yet.
    I will try to play as blind as i can, catching pokemon i think looks awsome.
    While i don't know what my team will be, i know i'm choosing Froakie (my first ever water starter),Charmander (Because wynaut?) and i will revive Tyrunt, but i will try to get Ama-something as well. Oh and Fletchling an Litleo and Sylveon and Helioptile and Dedenne (or however you spell it). It is NOT my team, but instead, a list of pokemon i find interesting. Normal being a secondary type really sounds awsome.

Bluerang1

pin pin
    Years
    I'm super conflicted because I like the Fire types so far (and I'm not a Fire type fan) but I only want one in my team. I want to choose Fennekin because I like it and haven't used a Fire Starter (first?) before. Now of it evolves to a part Psychic type I won't be able to use Gardevoir (which I heard is getting a Mega Evo OMG it'd be even more fierce). I guess I planned on going with Noivern as my Flyer so not using TalonFlame isn't too hurtful but like it too. I also really love Pyroar. I know I won't but maybe I really should get X&Y. I only ever get the one of the two.

I guess this is most likely as my team so far:
    Fennekin
    Squirtle (I'll sub it out if I see a Water Type I like better which will probably happen)
    Noivern
    A Grass type
    An Electric Type
    Another type, perhaps Fairy because it's new. Maybe Mawile actually. Hadn't thought of it.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Mar 6, 2016
    -Frokie
    -Charmander
    -Noivern
    -?
    -?
    -?
    -
    -
    -

I'm super conflicted because I like the Fire types so far (and I'm not a Fire type fan) but I only want one in my team. I want to choose Fennekin because I like it and haven't used a Fire Starter (first?) before. Now of it evolves to a part Psychic type I won't be able to use Gardevoir (which I heard is getting a Mega Evo OMG it'd be even more fierce). I guess I planned on going with Noivern as my Flyer so not using TalonFlame isn't too hurtful but like it too. I also really love Pyroar. I know I won't but maybe I really should get X&Y. I only ever get the one of the two.

I guess this is most likely as my team so far:
    Fennekin
    Squirtle
    Noivern
    A Grass type
    An Electric Type
    Another type, perhaps Fairy because it's new. Maybe Mawile actually. Hadn't thought of it.

Your profile is basically based on Chespin, and you're choosing Fenniken... What?

Last edited:

Bluerang1

pin pin
    Years
    -Frokie
    -Charmander
    -Noivern
    -?
    -?
    -?
    -
    -
    -

Your profile is basically based on Chespin, and you're choosing Fenniken... What?

I haven't updated that lol I wanted to go with something different for once which would be a Fife type Starter and actually like the Fire type starter this Gen.

Years
    • Seen Mar 13, 2014
    Chespin
    Squirtle
    Torchic
    Malamar

Then for the last 2 I will need Fairy, Electric, Flying, and Poison types. So possibly Dedenne and Crobat.

Years
    • Seen Oct 4, 2013
    My team is usually based around a few factors. They are
    - Gym Leaders/E4
    - My starter
    - Stats
    - Availability
    - Move pool

My starter is an important team factor since for obvious reasons, I would not want a team of pokemon where some share weaknesses. So, whatever type/types my starter has, I NEVER allow any pokemon on my team to share a type with my starter unless they are particularly amazing at something that my starter can't do. Once I pick a starter, I see how many advantages I can get on the Gym Leaders/E4 just off of the one starter. I then try to find pokemon that not only cover weaknesses of other team members, but also can take on the Gym Leaders/E4 with type advantages. It is also very important when I can obtain them. If they take a while to get or are extremely rare to find early on, I'll pass. Move pool is an important one too. If the pokemon has next to no diversity in its moves or really doesn't learn things that are worthwhile, I'll drop it completely. Stats are probably the least important thing for me when it comes to choosing my team. I mean, I'll try for the highest stats possible, but like I said earlier, if the pokemon with the highest stats isn't obtainable until way later on, I'll pass. I truly can't say my official team until the Kalos dex is fully revealed, but for now, these guys are the ones I'm thinking/want

-(Starter) - This will be the slot for my starter. Until I see final evolutions, I am not sure which ones I'm going with.
    -If the Kanto region starters are obtainable early enough, I'll add them to my team.
    -I'm definitely going for that Torchic event, so if I don't use Fennekin or Charmander on any of my teams, he'll replace them as fire type.
    -Pyroar/Litleo (dependent on move pool and stats)
    -Sylveon
    -PANGORO/PANCHAM - ALL MY LIFE I'VE BEEN WAITING ON A LEGIT TRUE PANDA POKEMON. This thing is guaranteed a spot on my team no matter what.
    -Talonflame/Fletchling if I am desperate for a flying type. The fact its part fire kinda makes me not wanna use it.
    -Noivern
    -Malamar is a Dark-Psychic octopus. ME WANT. He is almost as guaranteed as Pangoro.
    - If Tyrunt evolves, I might give it a chance.

MJT1990

Unhatched Suicune Egg
    Years
    Kay so #1 IM BACK! W00T second of all my team would consist of the pokemon I love but some changes will be made depending on if the pokemon is actually good or not.
    -Fennekin
    -Bulbasaur
    -Furfrou/Absol (cuz theyre epic so now it depends on stats or whatever :I)
    -Meowstic(Kinda dumb cuz I have fennekin which will most likely be part psychic but who cares :I)
    -Pancham
    -Some flying type other that yayakoma

As for my backup team (always have one cuz I have issues xD)
    -Sylveon
    -Tyrunt
    -Gogoat
    -Helioptile
    -Noivern
    -Clauncher.

Probably not a great team but changes will be made when the game comes out. Until then These are my picks *^*

Romaov

Orra
    Years
    • Seen Oct 7, 2016
    Torchic, Charmander, either fenniken or chespin, garchomp and both genders of meowstic.

Years
    Pretty sure this will be my team:

Froakie ---> Frogadier ---> ???
    Pancham ---> Pangoro
    Noivern
    Tyrunt ---> ???
    Fletching ---> Talonflame
    Eevee ---> Sylveon

Of course, this is subject to change since there are still a ton of Pokemon we don't know about yet.

Years
    This is in no way at all official for me, because I don't like to decide way in advance. Here are the ones I like a lot and am considering getting:
    -Chespin
    -Flabébé
    -Squirtle/Charmander
    -Houndour/some water type
    -a flying type
    -random Pokémon I haven't decided on

All of these are likely to change once I get my hands on the game however, since I generally like to wait til in game as if I'm actually living in the adventure c:

classiccartoonsftw

Nintendo is for awesome people
    Years
    • Seen Jan 18, 2017
    100% confirmed in my team:
    -Frogadier
    -Gengar (assuming it's in the Kalos Pokédex)

Pokemon I'm not sure about:
    -Talonflame and Pyroar. I'm leaning towards Talonflame so far, but if Frogadier evolves into a Water/Flying, I can Always fall back on Pyroar.
    -Venusaur and Gogoat. Venusaur is one of my favourite Pokemon of all time, and it gets Sludge Bomb/Wave to deal with the new Fairy types. However, Gogoat is very interesting because we can ride it. Perhaps I could give Gengar Sludge Bomb, so I can use Gogoat.

I've also got two open slots (three if Gengar isn't in the dex) but I'll leave them open for now.

Superjub

Pokémon Aureolin
    Years
    Obviously not definite but here's what I've got so far:
    * Froakie - Frogadier
    * Skrelp (please, PLEASE evolve.)
    * Spritzee (same as the above)
    * Amaura
    * Charmander - Charmeleon - Charizard (mega)

:)

Harmonie

Winds ღ
    Years
    This is a tough one... There are a number of new Pokemon that I "must have", but at the same type their types are all similar or the same. =/

Froakie
    Fletchling/Charmander (This will be the toughest decision for me, as I pretty much always have used the beginner bird line, and I love Fletchling. =( )
    Sylveon
    Tyrunt
    Pikachu/Dedenne
    A Psychic type (not feeling it for Meowstic, but that could change.)

Years
    • Seen Jul 22, 2016
    Tentatively, this is what I'm looking at:

Froakie
    Sylveon
    Fletchling
    Helioptile
    Torchic
    ??????? (Preferably a dragon type)

pokemonmasteraaron

The blind Pokémon Master!
    Years
    I'll capture all common Pokemon who are new and if I am lucky to run across the rare, I'll catch them too. Always been a collector.
    My main team, however, will consist of the following. We still know little, so this is obviously not final.
    When I tried this in B/W, I ended up with:
    Samurott, Unfezant, Stoutland, Musharna, Darmanitan and Yamask.
    I only ended up using the first three.
    Nevertheless, here we go.
    Froakie
    Bulbasaur
    Fletchling
    Litleo
    Dedenne/pikachu/Heleoptile
    empty
    Torchic will be in my party until I have six Pokemon, and if he turns out to get very powerful he might stay. Unlikely though since I already have 2 fire types, Pyroar and Tallonflame

Back