• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Your Pokemon X and Y Team So Far?

Years
    Flabebe*,Fennekin, Skrelp, Helioptile, Torimian, Swirlix

Of course I need a grass/fire/water trio. Also I would like to only use Kalos-exclusive Pokemon.

The bold ones I am fairly confident in. With the last corocoro, I have finally decided fennekin over chespin. Also I need a torimian!

*Only if it acquires a grass/fairy typing with evolution.

swift13

taylur swift
    Years
    my confirmed members:
    chespin (bc its evo looks so cute I DUNNO)
    helioptile
    swirlix
    t-rex thing

but ill just catch anything i see loool

Years
    • Seen Aug 10, 2014
    I waited long before thinking about my team, so I didn't get ahead of myself only to see something better released. I think it's been long enough lol :P

So far I am thinking my team will consist of...

Froakie (I know for sure now after seeing 2nd stage)
    Chigorasu (There is no debating this one. Who doesn't want a T-rex?)
    Helioptile (Depends on it's final evolution though..)
    Bunnelby (I have a feeling it's going to be like Bidoof stat-wise, but I don't care.)
    Amarusu (Don't want to use 2 fossil Pokemon.. but I may just not be able to resist.)
    Mawile (This will be my Pokemon that I use for Mega evolution. Since I heard we can only have one anyways.)

Might change depending on what is released for new Pokemon/megas in the future but for now I can say I love all these Pokemon.

Years
    • Seen May 15, 2023
    Could the new cats be something like Nidoran ? Both having different look depending on the gender but also different evolution ?

Could be a cross between Nidoran and Jelliscent. Both share one thing, they are all technically the same Pokemon species with their counter part. The main difference between Male and Female Nidoran is both evolve into two exasperate Pokemon lines and have varying move pools, while Jellisent are purely gender differences. Shellos and Basculin are both similar to this as well. Basculin is the only one that has a different set of abilities to go along with form difference.

I see the cats as a cross between the Nidoran (Each gender has a different move set) and Jellisent, but still being the same Pokemon and having the same shared evolutions. If they are both the same species but evolve into separate Pokemon, then Nidoran has been cloned! XD

As for an update to my team...I want the Alpaca poodle! The customization thing seems so interesting but I'm in love with his ability. It would be amazing if he could learn Counter so I take half damage and then deal out that times 2.

Froakie is staying my starter. Still want Noivern. Still want Gogoat.

May try to get the Bracio looking Fossil for his ability though I really don't like using Ice Type Pokemon. Depending on how their moves are I may choose the T-Rex thing.

The cats really don't appeal to me. They are interesting, just not interesting enough.

May try to get me a Honedge. Still unsure about it.

Captain Oshawott

The Otter Pirate
    Years
    So far my team *I'll be playing X if I get it* is looking like this:

-Froakie/Fennekin *Haven't decided just yet. If Fennekin's final is Fire/Fighting, it's definitely a no go. Vice versa for Froakie. If Fennekin is Fire/Psychic and Froakie is just Water, I might go Fennekin.*

-Charmander/Squirtle *That's right, I'm bringing a Kanto Starter into it. My decision will be the opposite typing of my Starter*

-Gogoat.

-Talonflame/Noivern *If I get Charmander, I'm going to choose Noivern. If I get Squirtle, I'm getting Talonflame.*

-Dedenne/ Pikachu Family/ Mega Ampharos. *If Dedenne has a bad evolutionary line/stats, I will choose Pikachu's family. If they aren't available at the start, I will choose Ampharos' line. If either Pikachu or Ampharos' lines are available early on, I'll go with whichever comes first.*

-Sylveon/ Mewtwo X. *Don't usually use Legendaries. But Mewtwo X's typing is pretty boss.*

This team is very subject to change, and by the time I get my hands on the 3DS and the game itself, a good portion of the Pokemon available early on will be known, and I'll be more likely to construct a more stacked team. The Kalos and Kanto starters, however, are not subject to change.

Years
    • PR
    • Seen Sep 16, 2014
    Ok with these new reveals I will add one more pokemon to my team, Chigorasu or as I will name him, Chomper (ah memories).

With this I only have 3 pokemon

Froakie
    Pancham
    Chigorasu

I will probably get a Fairy Type in there but the ones already revealed dont do it for me.

Years
    • Seen Jul 19, 2018
    I will be choosing Fennekin and Squirtle (as long as it doesn't make me choose bulbasaur automatically).
    So Fennekin, Squirtle, Gengar, Ludicolo. The other 2 slots will most likely be a good Electric or Dark from Gen 6.

Shizzable

The Derpiest One Of All
    Years
    -For my starter I'll have to go with Froakie/Frogadier. I don't like Chespin very much and Fennekin is okay.
    -Pangoro. It looks so awesome, being the newest tiny teddy bear that evolves into an awesome big bear. Not as cool as Scrafty though.
    -Talonflame. I was so glad that Fletchling is unique and not just a boring old Normal/Flying.
    -Honedge. It's a Steel/Ghost sword. That is all.
    -Malamar. It's freakin' Cthulhu! Plus it's a Dark/Psychic.
    -Tyrunt. A Rock/Dragon T-Rex! Aww yeah.

I'm liking X and Y so far ;D

Years
    I am amending my team:

Your Pokemon X and Y Team So Far?

- I am going to wait for a new grass type. Gogoat won't cut it. Maybe Flabebe will be give a grass typing!
    - I am also going to wait for a new water type, or for the evo's of skrelp/clauncher. Though, I don't think clauncher's evo will suit me

Boilurn

Scald Pokémon
    Years
    OK, Time to re-update my team after the CoroCoro update. I can't remember which Pokemon I had last time. :P

- Braixen
    - Noivern
    - Tyrunt
    - Swirlix
    - Vivillon
    - Meowstic

Echidna

i don't care what's in your hair
    Years
    No don't ask me this omg. I'll try, I guess:

• Chespin/Fennekin/Froakie. Idek they all look so fantastic.
    • Pancham --> Pangoro
    • Fletchling --> Talonflame
    • Noivern
    • Litleo --> Pyroar (male)
    • Tyrunt and w/e it evolves into.

This will change and expand beyond 6 Pokemon every time they release something new. I know it. I love them all so much Gamefreak you are made of pure genius.

Also, the above list doesn't include legendaries. I'll probably catch Yveltal at one point and try to fit it in in some form. <3

Years
    • Seen Aug 27, 2016
    Gogoat
    Pyroar
    Noivern
    Honedge
    Malamar

...later Xerneas. Not liking anything else I have seen enough to put in my team. Hoping for a cool bug or ice pokemon. I may kick my starter to the curb after I catch 6 pokemon I like the second evo's have pushed me away from liking any of the starters.

toxictwinkie

Mini moose will rule you all
    Years
    • Seen Jan 4, 2014
    The problem with me is that there a lot of Fire type Pokemon that I would love on my team for my first playthough. So I decided I am going to distribute the Fire types to each version.

So Pokemon X - Fennekin
    Pokemon Y - Litleo/Pyroar (Female)
    ..if there is a Third Version - Fledgling

Or Have a rotating team???

....yeah pokemon is serious business ;P

Years
    The only things I know for certain that I will be using, right now, are Tyrunt and its evolution, and Litleo/Pyroar. I'd so much rather use Pyroar as my fire type over my original starter choice Fennekin, so if that's the case, I'll be Froakie as my starter. I might also give Noivern a try, unless there's a better Dragon type.

Years
    • Seen Jul 19, 2016
    Defintiely Chespin, Charmander (although maybe with it's Drought ability as Mega Charziard, eek not a great combo) and Amaura. Meowstic looks cool too, I was thinking it could be like Niodran and evolve differently (although it would be a first as they're not classed as seperate species), it depends what evolves into what though. We're unsure at this stage what might evolve, I'm fairly sure Dedenne will be the 'novelty' cute electric type that won't evolve but won't have particularly great stats.

Helioptile looks great, hopefully that evolves well.

Years
    I'll be getting both X and Y, I've already decided to do a Starter Challenge on Y (With my potential team being Chespin, Squirtle, Torchic, Cyndaquil, Piplup and Snivy.) and X is going to be my main game.
    Though with Pokemon Bank not being released until December I'm not going to do the Starter Challenge until then so I'm considering doing a Nuzlocke or just playing through the storyline and the PokeBanking my Pokemon at the end.

On Y I will use: (If I go through a normal playthrough)
    Chespin (Will fully evolve)- I'll most likely breed this Chespin and use the offspring in my Starter Challenge, so that I can hopefully get some good egg moves.
    Charizard (Will be my Mega evolver)
    On X I will use: (For definite.)
    Froakie (Will fully evolve)
    Bulbasaur (Will be my Mega evolver)

The rest of my team will be made up of Pokemon that I catch throughout the game and will be more likely to change, though I am currently considering Litleo/Pyroar, Inkay/Malamar and Pancham/Pangoro. I'll also pick up the event Torchic in both games, but I probably won't use it, apart from in the Starter Challenge.

I'm looking forward to going into a Pokemon game without knowing all the Pokemon, it will keep me on my toes a bit more and return me to the way I used to build my teams!

pokerex

I'm awesome
    Years
    I think i'm going with:

Chespin
    Torchic
    Squirtle

As for the other 3 i don't know yet. when i find a mega stone i'll probably just catch the pokemon that goes with that mega stone.

JP

wut?
    Years
    • Age 33
    • USA
    • Seen Dec 13, 2019
    Don't remember what I had posted in here previously, but with the new reveals since then, I've also definitely had to change my ideal team.

Fennekin/Braixen
    Pancham/Pangoro
    Noivern
    Fletchling/Talonflame
    Inkay/Malamar or Spritzee (Still not too sure about this one...)
    Meowstic (Female!) I hope this one doesn't turn out like Purrloin and Liepard, in the sense that I think they look cool but really aren't that great lol.

Ideally, I'd like my team to look like this at some point... though, whenever I do this, I rarely am ever able to get the team I envision, for one reason or another lol.

Back