• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Your reaction when you first saw pokemon

solaris knight

Phantom ESP'er
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2013
    To be honest, I can't remember. Best bet is it was probably my cousin that got me interested in it. Kind of got swept up in the phenomina and didn't learn to appreciate it properly till later.

Reira

Living For A Reason
    Years
    The first time I saw something from Pokémon was in a commercial, when I was 6... It was Luigi, Mario, Peach, Donkey Kong & Pikachu walking on a meadow, when Mario and Luigi suddenly began to fight! O_____o... Then Pikachu was the only one I had never seen before, so I kept asking my brother "What's that? .___." .. He never anwered, though.. -__-.. I had to figure it out myself.. (Sorry, about my english..)

Sapphir

Hat thief
    Years
    • Seen Oct 16, 2009
    My sister had the blue version, I was five, if she had one it must have been cool and I needed one.

"I want one of those!" was my first reaction.

Game Over1375

Hito-Shura is awesome
    Years
    Oh gosh... At first at the age of five I thought, "I don't care." Then I saw my friend go into a battle on his Pokemon Red against Lance, and I became addicted. I got a Gameboy and both Red and Blue. I then saw the show, and Pokemon became like a drug. I couldn't get enough of it.

Apathetic_Yen

very original
    Years
    I was visiting some friends (who happened to be Japanese) and showed me a show called Pokemon. When I left they let me borrow a tape that had the first episodes on it that they had recorded on TV.

Next thing I knew I was swamped in the cards, games, and was up every Saturday morning to watch the newest episode.

♣Gawain♣

Onward to Music!!!
    Years
    When I was little I watched pokemon anime, and the one that involves Ash saying goodbye to Butterfree... And I was crying. Those times were awesome... I miss them.

*sniffles*

crobatdeluxe

You can't be a legend...
    Years
    My first pokemon merchandise was a big jigsaw puzzle. I saw Pikachu and Squirtle bending over some berries and I barely remembered that I said, "Why did not the turtle eat the mouse?" I was 4 then. When I first watch the anime, I saw Mewtwo. I said, "Wohoo! A purple cat?" WTH?

inhisxeyes

resident crazy.
    Years
    For me, it was something along the lines of "They're done in the same style as Sailor Moon and Dragon Ball! Cool!" And I promptly became obsessed.

Artemis

i'm no goddess
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    When I first saw Pokémon, I got attached after watching the first episode and so on. No minute later I found myself collecting the cards, and wanting to get the video games [My first was Ruby, at the age of 10 xD]. Though, the minute I first saw it, and I saw Pikachu as a little boy I fell in a hole and couldn't get out. I liked it a lot, especially seeing as I also liked the shows Sailor Moon and a few others before it, like stated above.

natedogg

Ahhh, it's so hot...
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Ohio
    • Seen Nov 16, 2011
    i randomly picked up a pokemon game one day after everyone said that they were awsome os i bought one and i have been hooked on it ever since

Years
    • Seen Sep 8, 2016
    To be honest, I don't remember my reaction when I first saw Pokemon. I guess it was "Wow, this is pretty interesting." or something along those lines.

Ayselipera

Well I was in Kindergarten when Pokemon first began.
    I don't know what compelled me to watch the first episode
    when I did but once I did I was hooked. It came on everyday
    after school, so I would rush to the tv and watch it. :)

Sola84

I'm just a ray of sunshine
    Years
    I saw the first episode and was curious, it seemed pretty good and I had not seen anime before. Me and my brother was hooked from the beginning and although we weren't quite sure since it was odd, the story flowed nicely and I liked the electric mouse Ash had :D I think I was 10-12 years at the time.

Then the rest of the school caught on and the game came out and that's the only reason I got a gameboy colour. In fact I think it's still the only reason I have a DS now lol

Cham

Cool Trainer
    Years
    I remember being in 5th grade, and getting a video tape in the mail with a Pokeball on it. I vaguely knew what Pocket Monsters was from my Japanese friends and their magazines, but didn't really draw the connection until later. I put the tape in and a very eccentric man proceeded to tell me how awesome Pokemon cards are and the games are taking the country by storm. I thought it was kind of stupid, but then I saw all my friends with the games and noticed I was the only one without a gameboy and Pokemon. I remember borrowing my friend's gameboy and blue version and staying home "sick" for 3 days not putting it down for anything.

Stunky

Ew a furry. Kill it.
    Years
    The first time I watched pokemon was the episode where pikachu fought sandshrew and lost. I was hooked. A week later I had a gameboy and pokemon yellow, and I've been hooked ever since.

Gummy

by fire be P U R G E D
    Years
    I don't know why, but the concept of a boy not too older than me traveling across the land and befriends monsters and humans was just appealing. Now that I look back, the concept was pretty stupid, but back then it was gold.

Zeffy

g'day
    Years
    • Seen May 21, 2024
    When i first saw Pokemon, I was in loved with the episodes.
    The pokemon journey thing is very excitable.

Back