• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Your reaction when you first saw pokemon

raging lion

Veteran Player
    Years
    HI all of you. I want to know your reactions when you saw pokemon for the first time.
    For me I thought t was a boring series (I missed some starting episodes) But when I saw some of them I really started to like it. I remember the first episode I saw was of pikachu versus sandshrew. (The trainer who won 100th match after defeating Ash, remember)

Sloofish

★Cannibal Psycho Soft For Pkmn
    Years
    I was all of five and getting ready for school that morning when my brother yanked me over to the television to show me this bran new cartoon that had come out. (I'd never seen Anime before in my entire little life). It was Jessie and James dancing around like monkeys around a rock and uttering the weirdest things in their abnormally high pitched voices with their talking cat and gigantic bugged eyes.
    I was completely disturbed. I did NOT want to watch it. They looked weird, acted weird, they weren't even like 'normal' cartoons one bit. I told my brother I hated it and had promptly gone back to brushing my teeth. SOMEHOW he roped me into watching it every Saturday morning. I remained a close Pokemon fan.
    LMAO. I believe it was all thanks to Pikachu. Thanks to Pokemon in GENERAL, I now watch Anime. =D

Wish

No spoils for the meek.
    Years
    • Seen Feb 11, 2018
    I was about four when I overlooked at my cousins Game boy to see what he was playing. I didn't see anything really fascinating about it at first. When it got to the battle scenes however, I got interested and forced my mom to go to the nearest Wal-Mart to get me a Game boy + Pokemon Game.

She did buy it for me that same day. XD

Awan

Graphic Designer
    Years
    The Pokémon games is the reason I baught gameboy. I think Pokémon is the coolest looking RPG game at that time. Gotta Cacth em all~ lol

BHwolfgang

kamikorosu
    Years
    Pokémon caught me off guard with it's amazing games and anime (the beginning) that I was addicted to it in a matter of days.

Years
    I watched my cousin play Red, and I just fell in love. I took it from her, and just played it 24/7. I didn't do my homework, or even pay attention in class. I was able to sneak it into second grade and play it there. xD
    Maybe that's why I suck at math now, because I didn't learn the basics. xDD

Years
    I think I had just turned ten and a couple of my friends had the cards. It didn't really catch my attention at first since I had never been into anything close to it. After a few weeks I found myself gathering as much money as I could so I could buy the cards and all the other things they had. Oh how I miss those days.

Percy Thrillington

The Mad Hatter
    Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2023
    My cousin and I were in a shopping center one day (I was over at his house and his mom had some errands to run), and there were these two ladies in front of us. One of them said, 'a yellow, electric mouse. Imagine!' And my cousin (being the odd person that he is) decided to creep up behind her and say in his best impersonating voice, 'Pikachu!' Naturally, I was intrigued by this episode and asked him what it was all about. He told me that Pikachu was a character in an awesome game and because back then my cousin was so influential, I asked him if I could have a go of it and when we went back to his house I got hooked.

Good times.

Spinor

<i><font color="b1373f">The Lonely Physicist</font
    Years
    • Seen Feb 13, 2019
    I barely remember, but I know I was semi amazed when I saw it on TV. I was pretty young, about 3-5 years old or something. My memory is blurry, but I do know I wanted to continue watching the anime after I saw it for the first time.

Amaruuk

[span="letter-spacing: -2px;"][b]└──[/b]►[/span]TY
    Years
    • Age 35
    • She/Her
    • Seen May 16, 2024
    I remember in 3rd grade, before I knew what Pokemon was at all (I'm not even sure it had quite come out in the US yet, since 4th and 5th grades were when I remember most of my early Pokemon-related experiences from), this boy and I would pretend to be Ash and Pikachu, respectively, and yet I didn't even know Pokemon said their names, never having seen the anime or played the games yet at that point. Of course, I eventually got the games and watched the anime.

For some reason it's getting harder to remember things from that long ago. :P

Charmageddon

Charizard has evolved into ^
    Years
    • Seen Apr 25, 2016
    Ah, I remember the first episode of the anime I saw. I had no idea what was going on, but it was the one where Ash got Charmander. Then about a week later I found out my friend had the game, so I borrowed his Red version, and picked Charmander. I never evolved it, because I loved how it looked. It wasn't until like level 80 that it could evolve into a FRICKIN FIRE-BREATHING DRAGON! :shocked::P

Taemin

move.
    Years
    • he / they
    • USA
    • Seen Apr 2, 2024
    I dunno how many times I've told this story since I joined here, so I'll keep it simple this time. xD

I was 9-years-old at the time, and was at my friend Yulie's house. Her family was Japanese, so sometimes they were travel to Japan can bring some fun things back with them. One of the things they bought was a Pokemon coloring book. So I happened to glance over at it, and was automatically interested in all the 'animals' on the cover. I thought they were weird looking, but cool at the same time. xD

I remember really liking Ninetales, that one stood out to me.

Keahi

The Pokemon Legend
    Years
    When I was born, the Pokemon game that came out was Pokemon Emerald and I bought it and it was amazing until I beat it and found out that I realized that a Pokemon show was on and than now I'm here on my laptop and playing Pokemon Pearl. I'm also going to beat the other Pokemon games when I get it like the Pokemon Platinum and Pokemon Diamond.

carter756978

Bass Player
    Years
    • Seen Apr 12, 2013
    do you really expect me to remember how i felt 11 yrs ago which meant i was 3...

Back