• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Your reaction when you first saw pokemon

Years
    I was like 7 or 8 and I was SO into Sailor Moon at the time, then all of a sudden I got that promotional video tape from Toys R Us about Pokemon, and I was like OMGOSH ITZ ANOTHER ASIAN CARTOON?!111 At first I was like ehhh I like Sailor Moon better blahh but after watching it about 5 more times and proceeding to watch the TV show, I fell in love, and that was that XD

Honest

Hi!
    Years
    Well, I think I first saw PKMN in a store. It caught my eye (I was like 5), I looked it up, and here I am! xD

I thought it was awsome back then. xD

KnilShadowLink

#1 Arcanine Fanboy
    Years
    Ahhhh I remember I first played the games, my grandma had gotten me a Pokemon Blue, It had a level 39 Charizard (that was it lol no other pokemon) @ Route 11 (Around Diglett Cave) Then I loved it. It just seemed to click I was amazed with Pokemon ^v^

Years
    Ah..I remember. I was about 7 years old, and for some reason didn't have school that day. But at that age I was always an early riser, so I was up around 7 ish and just happened to find the episode where Ash obtained Squirtle...I think it was the first tim it was aired actually. I didn't quiet understand what they were talking about, partly because I missed the first five or ten minutes of the episode, but I still enjoyed it and decided to watch it again later. I was hooked from then on.

Zebeedoo

Always remember to smile. ~
    Years
    My mother had told me that there was a new cartoon starting that I might like (This was the very first time it was ever on TV). So I waited paitently until it started,then once I watched that very first episode....I've been hooked since,and I will be hooked until my dieing day. :D

Fire-Red

Like no one ever was
    Years
    My brother was a constantly playing blue, one day I had ago and liked it so I started to watch the show. A few months later for my birthday I got red and that was when I became obsessed. I took my game boy color wherever I went from that moment on.

Capt. Couch

Wake me... When you need me...
    Years
    Oh jeez... Memory lane time! I can hardly remember my first glimpse of Pokemon, but I know it was rooted somewhere in that heavenly place called elementary school. I have good memories of that place, a lot of them involving Pokemon. All I can remember was thinking, "Hey... That's... REALLY COOL!"

I remember there was a kid at school who brought his Game Boy and Pokemon Blue to recess every day. We all gathered around him to watch as he sat on a log and played. I remember a few of us were fascinated with how you could jump off ledges and we were like, "ZOMG. I DIDN'T KNOW YOU COULD JUMP!"

It might have also had something to do with those anime-to-novel adaptations by Tracy West that fueled my drive toward the whole thing, but looking back, those books had tons of inaccuracies that bugged the hell out of me. I ordered the first one from a monthly book service at my school and years later, I gave all the ones I bought to my brother. :P

Asgard

Why you little...
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Aug 31, 2020
    When I was a kid, I was a real "I-don't-go-with-the-crowds" kinda person. So when Pokemon came out, it was all anyone at school talked about, so I automatically hated it :D Probably five or six months after it came out, my cousins stayed over at my house for a sleepover or somethin'. We went to Blockbuster to get a movie, and he wanted Pokemon. I was not thrillled. However, I watched the tape (it was the Bulbasaur/Charmander/Squirtle acquiring streak for Ash) and I loved it :D Then, I watched the earlier tapes, starting at the beginning. The first episode made (and prob'ly will still make) me cry~ ;w; I still refused to do the "normal" thing for a while though - I originally hated Pikachu. My favorite was Gengar.

Giratina ♀

what's your sign?
    Years
    • Seen Jul 23, 2013
    "Cool, a dragon!"

No, seriously.

That was my first interaction with Pokemon: Looking at the Charizard on the cover of the FireRed box. xD

It might have also had something to do with those anime-to-novel adaptations by Tracy West that fueled my drive toward the whole thing, but looking back, those books had tons of inaccuracies that bugged the hell out of me.

TRACY... WEST.
    That guy is a cheap and absolutely wonderful source of amusement when I'm bored and like to laugh at other people's mistakes. Who else could fail to mention that Lance is the Champion of Kanto, or label the Charific Valley Liza as the Psychic Gum Leader Liza when the text clearly states 'Don't mistake her for the Gym Leader of Mossdeep City!'

Fire Eagle

The Pokemon Legend
    Years
    The reaction when Pokemon came out was a happy smile because it was a role-playing game that I can catch little creatures and train them to grow bigger and stronger.

x-x-london-x-x

*~ Umbreon Luver~*
    Years
    :] It was the coolest thing I saw. The whole fad started and I just had to watch pokemon.. ^ ^ I liked it alot.. <3 and admired ash.. x3 but he still needs to work on being a good trainer lolz... :D

Ninja Tree

I turn 1 everyday
    Years
    • Age 16
    • Seen Aug 6, 2010
    My exact thought:
    "Wow! This is awesome! It looks like something that will have some type of online community years later. On one of those communities I will tell of this exact thought."

Ru-Kun

bleh...
    Years
    I was like three when Pokemon first came out...

I was sitting on the couch one morning since I wasn't in school yet. The main "cartoons" (now I know some of them were anime although some were made in the U.S. so I don't know if you consider those anime or not) that I remember watching was Monster Rancher, Animeniacs, Pinky and the Brain. Then suddenly this Pokemon anime commercial comes on and it said the name and the day it started airing. I had that day memorized and I made my mom tape it.

I didn't start playing the games until I was a little older, I just watched my bro play Pokemon Yellow most of the time. Then I would try to play, and he would say I messed the game up and take it from me. (I later lost that game, but bought a new ome later)

In elementry school we wern't allowed to bring in gameboys and stuff like that, but I remember going to the school library and getting those Tracey West adaptations. I used to love those...

Years
    • Seen Jun 30, 2009
    ZOMG! i woke up for school one day, turned on my tv, and WALA! it was the coolest thing i had ever seen.

Ru-Kun

bleh...
    Years
    Actually I remember once pre-school started there was three days a week (I only went to three day pre-school) that Pokemon came on and I didn't get to watch it (new episodes came on on the weekdays). I remember getting soooo mad at my mom because she forgot to tape half of a show because she got caught up doing something.

Now that I think about it I didn't memorize the day it came out on air I just watched the same channel every morning.

Back