• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

2nd Gen Your reactions

Lord Varion

Guess who's back?
Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jan 6, 2015
    How did you react to see Blue as the 16th gym leader

O_o

I thoght he would of gave the elague another go

I was shocked though

And wot about champion lance
    And how poweful red was :)

All good parts of the game

Years
    • Seen May 22, 2010
    It was great, Gary has always been my favorite Pokémon character, the only thing that bothered me were his weak Pokémons, I'd have loved to see him with level 70-80 Pokémons (as Ash).

560cool.

An old timer?
    Years
  • These said in the 1st post are reasons for why GSC were so great ...

And no , Blue is just good in his levels . I men , he's supposed to be the 1st Gym Leader ... it goes Pallet->Viridian for all kids from Pallet .... right ?

Yuoaman

I don't know who I am either.
    Years
  • I do hope that you guys weren't too surprised, the game is ten years old, and I'm pretty sure on your dozenth playthrough you might expect a couple of things...

Uecil

[img]https://i.ibb.co/4jfYrCT/tHdpHUB.png[/img]
    Years
  • that defiently made me worry XD i thought he was gonna KO my team

Meepman

Arogance is bliss
    Years
  • I was pretty surprised, but at the same time I was still kinda shocked that kanto was even in the game to begin with.

Tears In The Rain

Thirsty, purposeless Vampire
    Years
    • Age 37
    • Seen Sep 15, 2010
    It was so long ago that I completed my beloved late Silver, I don't remember really reacting at all though. I probably wasn't expecting it, but I don't think I was shocked or anything.

BHwolfgang

kamikorosu
    Years
  • I do hope that you guys weren't too surprised, the game is ten years old, and I'm pretty sure on your dozenth playthrough you might expect a couple of things...
    The first time I went through Silver, I was pretty sure shocked to see Blue/Gary as a Gym Leader and not a super-awesome-strong-exclusive Trainer as Red/Ash was.

Lord Varion

Guess who's back?
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jan 6, 2015
    on crystal u can re-battle silver before the league ... Xd
    U need to catch all pokemon/seen all i dunno which

Caelus

Gone
    Years
    • Seen May 26, 2013
    I was kind of surprised, but I recall in a handbooks that he was the last gym leader in Kanto, so I kind of expected it at the same time.

Personally, Kanto and Red were more of a shock.

Lord Varion

Guess who's back?
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jan 6, 2015
    But goivanni has a son ... wouldnt he give hime the gym ...

wait! .... goivanni has a son which you never see ... and gary has a dad which you never see .... hmmmm ....

These said in the 1st post are reasons for why GSC were so great ...

And no , Blue is just good in his levels . I men , he's supposed to be the 1st Gym Leader ... it goes Pallet->Viridian for all kids from Pallet .... right ?

Yeah but i did the gyms in order eg ... (johto's 8) brock ... misty ... ltsurge so on so forth in order with yellow versionj

first time that I went to the 16th gym I said GARY!? and then I said oh no your not gary, your red's rival xDDD

I bet that gary/blue gets kids saying to him
    "(KID) Hey its ... wow its ...
    (blue) yh yh calm down its me ...
    (KID) the guy who lost to red and had only five mins as champion XD
    (BLUE) ... :S"

Last edited:

Ayselipera

Hahaha well I played gsc before rby so I didn't have any past knowledge of Giovanni, Blue, or Red. I just remember thinking, "Hey that's Gary!" and "Whoa!" "Why is Ash standing inside a mountain?"

Lord Varion

Guess who's back?
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jan 6, 2015
    Hahaha well I played gsc before rby so I didn't have any past knowledge of Giovanni, Blue, or Red. I just remember thinking, "Hey that's Gary!" and "Whoa!" "Why is Ash standing inside a mountain?"

ASH/RED is actually suppose to be out the mountain on the SUMMIT they should of had the name as SLVER SUMMIT

;) just thought u ought to know

Lati-Fan95

I completed my HG Pokedex!^^
    Years
  • Nintendork said:
    wait! .... goivanni has a son which you never see ... and gary has a dad which you never see .... hmmmm ....

Actually, you see Giovanni's son since there is only one boy with red hair (It's Silver!^^)...

Well, I was kinda surprised... I've never thought Blue would replace Giovanni!^^ I thought Nintendo would invent a new one but I think Nintendo's idea was better cuz Blue gave a hint that you can find Red in the game, too!^^

Lord Varion

Guess who's back?
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jan 6, 2015
    LOL SAME

I FOUND OUT WHEN I PLAYED CYRSTAL

I WAS LIKE WTF WTF WTF WTF FTW

Back