• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Your Role in the Pokémon World

What role would you play?

• Total voters

Glaceon_

Here today, [i]gone tomorrow...?[/i]
    Years
    Hmm.. so many options.. only one possible.. however, I think I would slide towards the Anime's version of Pokemon Co-Ordinators. That side of contests is better than that of the Games and I think it would be interesting playing a different role in the Pokemon games, than that which the series started it as.

However, if we're going by the Games' version of Co-Ordinators, I would go with Pokemon Trainer, seeing as the Games' version of Contests isn't as appealing as the Anime's. Hopefully, they will bring the two to a somewhat perfect head. (maybe even in the next Pokemon Wii Game?)

My signature Pokemon would naturally be Glaceon.
    Hey; everyone needs a signature Pokemon, right? XD

Aegis

The Savage Nymph
    Years
    I think I'd probably just be a trainer, to be honest. I would LOVE to be able to travel all around the regions and exploring off the beaten path, meeting new people, stuff like that. While being a coordinator would be awesome, having to plan your trips around contest times would be too constricting for me >_< As a trainer, you could just go to a gym and attempt to get a badge whenever you wanted to, but as a coordinator you'd have to schedule everything and... ick x_x Not fun.

PorygonSquared

He's Supposed To Be Dead!!!
    Years
    What, no Researcher option? I mean, there are so many animals in the world that would puzzle the biologists of our world. It would totally be awesome to try to learn and understand them.

If I had to choose only one of the poll options, I'd probably be a Ghost Gym Leader. I'd say Elite Four, but I can imagine how tough that would be.

Serrah

→ Kaori's Alt
    Years
    • Seen Aug 16, 2016
    I would totally be a coordinator, cause I figured thats my spirit! Wallace is awesome also his Milotic...and Dawn's appeals are AWEOSME! I even cried when May was going to the Johto region!!!
    Your Role in the Pokémon World

Last edited:

Laterna

Dream-Weaver
    Years
    I'd have to say that I'd gotta go with Contests, I'd definitely be a Co-ordinator ^^

I've watched every Contest ever on the anime and I've completed all Master Ranks in Pearl (so proud of myself). I love the way, in the anime, they get so much more freedom with their moves and how it's all portrayed so beautifully and artistically and it's just so incredable to watch and experience and I'd love more than anything to have that experience one day for myself ^^

May is probably, easily, my favourite character in the anime, especially when she's performing. The episodes lately have been among my favourites all because it's all centred around Contests. Dawn is amazing, I love the girl to pieces, she's just so awesome and she tries her hardest in every Contest she's done, it gives me such admiration for her and her profession. Jessie has become so much higher in my opinion since doing Contests, particularly in Sinnoh - her style has been so extreme and original and I've just loved her so much more! Drew, Harley, Solidad, Kenny, Zoey and all the other main co-ordinators they've had in it have just been spectacular in their own special ways, absolutely stunning. Wallace is just... to die for... *dies* and Milotic... *dies again*

Anyways, I'll stop now before you think I'm crazy or something ^^

*HUGE Contest cookies*

Yu_&_Rei

♪Its Quiz Time!♪
    Years
    I'd be a co-ordinator, you get to show off the best fashion and make yourself seem more popular. And I know I'll make lotsa friends as a co-ordinator.

Singhy

Pokemonaholic
    Years
    • Seen Sep 24, 2008
    I would be a trainer just because I love battling so much and probably wouldn't be so good in contests X_X

Izy

Todas las dias.
    Years
    Well, as much as i love doing contests in the games, I wouldn't have enough creativity to do them in real life. So i think I'd be a trainer. And Eevee would be my main pokemon. Cuz Eevee is awesome.

s p a c e c o w b o y

Im Part Vaporeon.....
    Years
    • Seen Aug 11, 2011
    trainer. mostly because i absolutely suck at matching up good moves and stuff. i cant ever do that stuff, but i pwn battles

Luck

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Years
    • Seen May 20, 2023
    i'd have to say a pokemon trainer.
    they have limitless possibilities and have much more freedom than gym leaders.
    sure, its fun waiting for trainers to show up just to crush their dreams, but it doesn't sound like there is much freedom.
    A pokemon trainer just sounds that much more fun.
    besides, as a villain, you have to get a certain suit and a bowl cut.
    there isn't even a casual friday.
    i'm not the kind to put pokemon into contests,battle frontier leaders have even less freedom than gym leaders.
    and as a pokemon, its just boring.
    you get caught, fight many other pokemon stronger than you, and faint a lot.Other than that, your forced into slavery by your "loving" trainer.

s p a c e c o w b o y

Im Part Vaporeon.....
    Years
    • Seen Aug 11, 2011
    i'd probly be a gym leader.. lol but i'd have to start a new gym with a veriety of pokemon. hey, no one ever said they HAD to be all the same type

Back