• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Your Shiny Pokemon in ORAS

DyingWillFlareon

Burning Candle
Years
  • Ahhhh.... Asdfghjkl I was trying to get a Drought Ninetails on AS just now and looked over at my friend to say something when I entered an encounter with Vulpix(Flash Fire) and when I looked down it did the sparkely animation and I almost had a heart attack. Well I had a small seizure today(not fishing for attention plz ignore I'm ok) and this very well makes up for that. XD Caught her in a Premier Ball and named her Sunny. :3 She had Hypnosis so I guess that's good. XD She's only the third shiny I've found in a non-hack game, since a NidoranF in Gold and a Wingull in Sapphire, so I'm pretty happy. XD I was using DexNav to hunt for HAs and the Search Level was at 26 if that makes any difference.
    Got PokeRus in the same day so 8D

Update: Shiny Ninetails is beast *_* But now her name doesn't fit her ;_;
    Used her for Cleverness Contests but now she's up for battling. I suppose it was DexNav chaining technically at a chain of 5 or 6.....

Last edited:
    Years
  • .... Another Zorua! This time, while trying to breed a perfect Zorua for competitive battles...

It's IVs are 31/x/31/31/x/x and it has a timid nature and a few egg moves... The none perfect stats are abysmal however.

Circuit

[cd=font-weight: bold; font-style: italic; backgro
    Years
  • I remember in AS randomly running into a shiny Makuhita. I wasn't even paying attention, and only noticed it looked different after I started to battle it. Luckily I didn't faint it and was able to catch it. I haven't used it though. It's a shame really XD

jombii

[FONT=Franklin Gothic Medium][SIZE=4][COLOR=#00b05
    Years
  • Is it really true that the more Pokemon I search using the DexNav, the higher chances of getting a shiny? If it is, I think I'll be doing it more and more now.

On another note, I missed capturing a shiny Minun before. Had no balls with me.

Years
    • Seen Nov 30, 2016
    I caught a shiny Gloom while looking for Absols. Unfortunately, I'm having a lot of trouble chaining a shiny absol :C it seems like they just pop up for so many people other than mee.

Years
    • Seen Nov 30, 2016
    Got a shiny Piplup from Professor Birch!!!! I chose Piplup just cuz I like it better than the other two, didnt even realize it was shiny until I checked my PC yesterday!!!!

Reactions: Z25

Z25

Team Player
    Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Aug 27, 2023
    I just started the game but got a shiny beldum as a gift, I'm yet to know of it's legitimacy though.
    Mystery gifts are always legit. They are put out by the pokemon company themselves. No normal player can send them out.

Years
    • Seen May 22, 2016
    I just got wonder traded a shiny Terrakion! No idea of it's legit or not but that was pretty cool, even if I am completely indifferent to the pokemon itself.

Years
  • I have not found any shinies in Omega Ruby or Alpha Sapphire :( I haven't tried chain fishing much, so maybe if I do that I'll find one.

Adore

Party.
    Years
  • I found a Shiny Shuppet in Mt. Pyre by total accident (no DexNav or anything!). I evolved it into Banette and used it for Clever Contests. :)

Years
    • Seen Feb 11, 2017
    It happened yesterday while I was soaring the sky on my latios. I was rushing to go to the battle resort and suddenly I ran into a wild pokemon. I thought for myself: "I hate this wild encounters on the sky". After that, I saw the screen and it was a shiny Taillow. I was so excited.

It is my first OT shiny in OR. Before I got a buizel, a rayquaza and a latios via wonder trade.

She_Delphox

Delphox used Mystical Fire!
    Years
  • Wow great stories so far guys, congratulations everyone who obtained some neat shinies in the games! :D For those still waiting for their first encounter, all the best of luck and hang in there! ;)

Z25

Team Player
    Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Aug 27, 2023
    thanks man. someone had PM'd yesterday about this, ha ha. I thought maybe players could send gifts out or something.

No problem, usually mystery gifts have a small thread showcasing what's next, so you can see there when it happens next.

GengarsTeeth

Ghost Breeder
    Years
  • No problem, usually mystery gifts have a small thread showcasing what's next, so you can see there when it happens next.

thanks dude. it was the very first thing I did in 6th, gen, I seen mystery gift, clicked on it and got a shiny beldum with a decent moveset, was pretty sweet :)

Dude, I just noticed your Avatar, can you get that as an HD wallpaper do you know?

Reactions: Z25

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
    Years
    • Seen Oct 3, 2016
    After catching Azelf in OR, I had to raise friendship so I could get the Nameless Cavern back to fight Mesprit (I had a few faintings and friendship was down). So I went to the water by Mossdeep City, where a Shiny Pelipper put in an appearance on the final encounter, I then went to Nameless Cavern and caught Mesprit in a regular Poké Ball like all the others.

I plan to soft reset in AS for a Shiny of all three, though I may give up on that task after a while if it takes too long. I might have to get a full Dex to pull it off quicker.

Back