• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Your Shiny Pokemon in ORAS

She_Delphox

Delphox used Mystical Fire!
Years
  • So as far as I know there isn't already a thread for this (excuse me if I missed it), but basically I'd like to know what Shiny Pokemon you guys have obtained in ORAS so far. :) Either by Chain Fishing, DexNav, Masuda Method or Random Encounters etc.

Yesterday I first leaped into Route 119 and chained a Shiny Feebas (why not) ^_^ Pretty pleased (chain 17). I will try the nifty chaining with the DexNav and Masuda Method after I beat the Elite Four.

Good luck everyone playing the game(s) and happy hunting! ;)

Years
  • So far, I have not found any shiny Pokémon in Omega Ruby yet. But i'm sure I will in given time, especially once I have the Shiny Charm for completing the Pokédex.

icycatelf

Alex
    Years
  • I was trying to find a Slugma for my Pokédex when a Shiny Diglett appeared. :3

I was really tempted not to evolve it, but I finally gave in around Lv94 just in case it eventually gets an evo or Mega that I like.

Years
    • Seen Dec 20, 2014
    I have finished the game, just finished first post game quest, decided to fart around right outside Littleroot - and got a shiny Zigzagoon almost right off. Which is fantastic, as I love the things when they have the pick up ability, and I already had my MM shiny Linoone from X in my team even. I was thrilled. My male Linoone is Butterscotch, so I named my new sweet little female Caramel 8D

Mind you, I already finished my dex and obtained shiny charm. I still consider it luck, however, as I really don't go out of my way to find shinies.

I totally break for shiny zigzagoons or linoones any day.

Years
    • Seen May 28, 2019
    Yes
    sharpedo.gif

magikarp.gif
    magikarp.gif
    magikarp.gif
    magikarp.gif
    magikarp-f.gif
    magikarp-f.gif
    gyarados.gif

You can guess what I did.

DarkPoke001

Newfound Love For Togekiss
    Years
  • None as per yet, played around just under 20 hours but only just got to Mauville

I reckon i got quite a lot in Y, but never got any in the original R/S/E, planning to get some this time around though :)

Flushed

never eat raspberries
    Years
    • Seen Nov 5, 2017
    Ran into a shiny Sableye on chain 1 with the DexNav, really excited because the MegaEvo looks pretty cool shiny.

And I actually sat down and chained for a while for Skitty, and got a shiny on I think chain 47. I had multiple 40 chains prior, I guess my hopes were too high from the Sableye haha.

Years
  • No shinies so far.. Will start chain fishing after I beat the Elite 4 (I'm nearly at the end of Victory Road now). Just a quick question, when you use the Dexnav, does it show when there's a shiny or can you only see when you battle it?

She_Delphox

Delphox used Mystical Fire!
    Years
  • So far, congratulations everyone! Amazing to Read about all your encounters! To everyone else, the best of luck! ;)

No shinies so far.. Will start chain fishing after I beat the Elite 4 (I'm nearly at the end of Victory Road now). Just a quick question, when you use the Dexnav, does it show when there's a shiny or can you only see when you battle it?

As far as Im concerned, You can only see it shiny when You encounter the pokemon. However keep your eyes on the counter how many times You have encountered a certain pokemon; the higher This number, the higher the shiny chance Will be! Good luck! ;)

~RNC~

Mother Of All Pokemon!!
    Years
  • I was on Rt.124 (I think) looking for a relicanth for the regi trio when I ran into a chinchou, now since I was under water wasn't sure but caught it any ways thn got the relicanth, went to the PC box right after an sure enough it was a shiny chinchou.

Years
    • Seen Apr 1, 2016
    Other than the few I've gotten via trades, and the Beldum, I have not found any naturally.

Candy

[img]http://i.imgur.com/snz4bEm.png[/img]
    Years
  • Haven't found one yet, but I'm planning on hunting rather soon. But first, I need to complete the holes on my living dex once again and get my Shiny Charm.

Nakala Pri

I caught a shiny Gulpin yesterday!! :D It was the first shiny I ever caught.

I was considering using it but Swalot isn't that great. xD

Years
  • So far just a Goldeen(now sea king) and metagross but I intend to shiny chain fish most of the water Pokemon needed for the dex.

EDIT: now have two shiny Magicarps and Tenticool after an afternoons fishing!!!

Last edited:

destinedjagold

You can contact me in PC's discord server...
    Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2023
    My first shiny encounter was a shiny Surskit on that route west of Mauville. It appeared on my dex nav, but since I already caught one, I ignored it, but then decided to battle it for the heck of it. Lo and behold, it was a shiny! xD

The second shiny I got was also thanks to the dex nav. I was on the bus heading home, and catching 'mons on the Mirage Spots I got online. And then, the first Darmanitan I ever encountered through the dex nav was a shiny. x3

The third shiny 'mon I caught was once again thanks to the dex nav. I was on my way to the Sky Pillar during Episode Delta, and on the ocean, this Finneon popped up. I haven't caught one yet, so I sneaked up to it, and bam! It was shiny! xD

Back