• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Your Starter Pokémon?

Rabby

The Samurott Awaits...
    Years
    For BOTH bw and bw2, I choose Oshawott, because...it's not about Oshawott or Dewott I'm after but...
    -hopes no one notices avatar and siggy-
    I'm TOTALLY crazed for Samurott <3 fallen in love o;?

Belldandy

[color=teal][b]Ice-Type Fanatic[/b][/color]
    Years
    I thought they were all awful :( Oshawott and Snivy weren't too bad. Tepig was terribad.

I also picked either Snivy or Oshawott, but never evolved them past Stage 2.

Mew

The New Species Pokémon
    Years
    I originally chose Tepig. I realized how dumb he was, stuffed him in the PC, and hacked in a Mew.
    All other times I could, I chose Snivy.

Years
    • Seen Mar 31, 2014
    I really like getting into the story of RPGs so I choose my starters based on the character I'm playing. For Hilda in Black I chose Oshawott and for Nate in White 2 I chose Tepig. Personally, I like Snivy the best so I use it for side games when I can.

Gulpin

poisonous
    Years
    • Seen Jan 16, 2017
    In my first playthrough with White I went with Oshawott, my favorite of the three. Then I ended up getting to use an even mixture of all three with challenges and B2/W2.

Years
    • Seen Aug 4, 2018
    Admittedly, I bought Pokémon Black just because my sister was buying White. I honestly didn't think the game would appeal to me. I played it, picked my male character, named him Forrest and then chose Snivy. You could say because of my choices the game grew on me and I absolutely adored everything about it afterwards *cough*especiallyn*cough*.

Snivy and it`s evolutions are by far my favorite Gen 5 starter, next to Oshawott and it`s evolutions.

Lilit

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Oct 25, 2014
    Oshawott. It's cute, adorable, and sweet just like my current bf.

Necrum

I AM THE REAL SONIC
    Years
    I chose Snivy the first time I played Pokemon White, because I was on a grass starters kick after falling in love with Meganium in Heart Gold. I later regretted that choice though.

When I picked up White 2 I figured I would do better with Oshawott, but ultimately it disappointed me as well, and wound up boxed before the end of that run.

I think Tepig is the one that has left the best impression on me so far, as it is quite powerful and has some pretty useful moves to go with it.

Years
    • Seen May 14, 2023
    Smugleaf was my baby in fifth gen, I can't lie.

Serperior ended up being what kept my team viable once I hit the elite four, since it walled most of the threats I came up against until that point and kept me afloat. I spent a lot of time trying to fill my pokedex instead of training, so it was my highest level and carried me most of the time.

Even if it's not the best choice for a lot of things, Snivy did good by me. :)

Years
    I picked Snivy the first time in White, as he and his evolutions were my favorite available Grass types, and I picked Oshawott in Black. I hate Tepig, design wise, so I never used him. :x

Years
    • Seen Dec 4, 2015
    In White, I picked Tepig, and I quite liked him. His moves were nice, and there was a nice variety of move-types. Also, I like how he has a different stat build from the other fire/fighting starters- he actually can take a few hits.

Oshawott I picked in Black. He was good, but I personally preferred Tepig. Nice moves, and it works well in double or triple battles. I can't complain.

In Black 2, I picked Snivy. Now, I didn't really like Snivy that much, due to his grass/normal only moveset, so after getting the third gym-badge, I stopped using him completely. I guess I don't have the patience to raise a Snivy.

Synerjee

[font=Itim]Atra du evarinya ono varda.[/font]
    Years
    I chose Oshawott for my first playthroughs of B/W and B/W2 as I don't use grass-types and I already had a fire-type planned out, which was Darmanitan - a powerhouse of a Pokemon. For my second B/W playthrough, I tried out Tepig to see how it worked. I didn't manage to get it to fully evolve into Emboar though because I lost my save file, but it was great while it lasted.

Last edited:

Ririchio-san

LoVe yOur EneMIeS. IT mAkES tHem So dAMneD mAd '.'
    Years
    in pokemon Black i chose Tepig. well in all the poke versions i play i always have the habit of choosing fire-type.:)
    i don't really see why many people hate some pokemon and like some specifically, it's ur battle style that decides the kind of pokemon u should have :)

Years
    I choose Oshawott because I choose water starters most of the time. I have to admit I disliked it in the beginning as I thought it looked kinda ~meh. Then it evolved and woah I really liked Dewott. And ofc when Samurott came to me I just loved it and now I like oshawott XD. And B and B2 were with oshawott.

Shrew

is a Shrew
    Years
    I originally planned to choose Tepig, but upon seeing their second-stage evolutions, I changed my mind to Oshawott because Dewott was sooo cool! In Black/White 2, I chose Snivy.

Years
    On my first playthrough on Pokemon White, I chose Snivy because he looked the coolest of the few. The second time I played I chose Oshawott since I wanted a different experience and didn't really like Tepig. Finally on my third playthrough I got around to Tepig and it turned out to be a shiny.

Years
    • Seen Jul 15, 2014
    I chose Oshawott for both my Black and White 2 runs because it looks cute! :3 I didn't really get into the designs of Snivy and Tepig. I never really liked snakes or pigs. I seem to almost always pick the water starters anyway.

Back