• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Your Starter..... Well, Don't Wait to See Where I'm Going With This, Open the Thread

PB.

'PB
Years
    • Seen Mar 2, 2011
    I usually build my team around my starter so I usually keep it with me. After the Elite 4 it sometimes goes to the PC so I can train up some newbies.

Years
  • Well...In Sapphire I kept my Blaziken with me at all times, but it was second to my Gardevior. I lost that game, but apparently I mysteriously traded Gardevior to a friend to help her with the Elite 4 so I got it back in Sinnoh. I don't train alot of different pokemon to be fighters, so I do keep my starters (My sister kept restarting the game and trading different starters to me so we could each have all three.) with me, but Gardevior is always in the first slot no matter when I'm doing. (Besides Hatching eggs.)

Z o M B ii 3

Upgrade your Grey Matter.
    Years
  • I usually keep it around, In-Game only, due to the fact Its probably one of my stronger in-game pokemon. It not, I trash it or give it away, haha.

Years
  • well in emerald version my starter is in the box, but normally I keep it in my party. I normally keep the starers. Diamond I don't like the starters too much, but at the moment the team I'm working on actually has my stater.

Hiidoran

[B]ohey[/B]
    Years
  • Truthfully?
    I keep my starter with me throughout the entire game.
    When I was younger, I would train my starter only. As I aged, it just became a vital part of my in game team.

Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2020
    BTW was your starter a shiny to get that lugia world king's lugia?
    Judging from his name and such, he likely has some billion Lugia daycare babies in a different version and traded with himself for it.
    That or he has the relevant Gameshark (or other such device) code(s).

I'm only attempting to answer that since I don't think he'll end up seeing your question. :o

IceDragon2439

Stand Up and Scream
    Years
  • Well, I don't think I have put my starter away. Yeah, I don't care much about the Fourth generation starters, but I still use them. In my crystal, Feraligatr was always there and for the rest of the other games, starters were always in my party.

HAJIME

so's your face
    Years
  • I started with all the starters on Pearl... Torterra ended up being the favourite. The logic was, it's so **** it's only ever going to be ANY use in game, so I might as well enjoy it while I can.

moments.

quixotic
    Years
  • I always keep it with me, I usually base my team around my starter with types and stuff.
    I love the starters because they have been with you from the start, so they have a special sort of relationship with the trainer.

Vyro

Master Douchelord
    Years
    • Seen Jun 8, 2014
    once I got my porygon from my pearl version(that's right I have both versions and porygon z is my signature wi fi pokemon) I kicked my starter into a ditch and left it to die(I hate you piplup!)

Back