• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Your Starter..... Well, Don't Wait to See Where I'm Going With This, Open the Thread

Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2020
    Nice title, hm?

Your starter, do you keep it with you throughout your journey or eventually put it in the computer?
    I do the latter, usually :O

Guillermo

i own a rabbit heh
    Years
  • I like too keep it with me. As it seems like the pokemon that helped me along my journey and was the first real companion i had in the game. Most of the time i usually pick a starter that can help me later on so i will keep it in there.

Years
    • Seen May 31, 2009
    I have an obsession of making my starter an HM Slave. I use other Pokes that will be able to do what it does better.

Years
    • Seen Mar 11, 2023
    Depends on the Gen. In FireRed, I built a sturdy team of three Pokemon with Blastoise as a very important and necessary member. Jhoto, all I trained was my Typhlosion. Hoenn had a balanced team of six, with my starter included. And Sinnoh... I hate all three of the Sinnoh starters; Prinplup as in the PC as soon as I caught my Buizel. XP

Years
    • Seen Jul 16, 2013
    Oh, my starter goes into the computer after the Elite Four 99.9% of the time. I don't want to say 100% of the time because sometimes I actually like to use it in battle... XD;;;

Blue Screen of Death

Wait, what?
    Years
  • I definitely keep it the whole time, no matter which version its in. the funny thing is the pattern of my starters. My order is Squirtle, Cyndaquil, Treecko, Piplup, or.. water, fire, grass, water. I bet in the next two generations (if they happen) I'll choose the fire starter, then the grass starter.

Poke_Vamp

(Not a) Beginning Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Jan 21, 2009
    I usually keep it with me, but occasionally put it in the PC after the Elite Four ^^

Giblie

Gible Lover
    Years
  • I usually keep it with me but my Empoleon I put him into the computer sometime after the Elite4 because I just couldnt think of a good moveset. =)

kissing. raindrops

just jump, you might fly <3
    Years
  • It's come to the point where I find all three Sinnoh starters are getting uberly boring, so I just ditch them.

Lynnx

half listening.
    Years
    • Seen Oct 11, 2009
    I keep it with me, always. Occasionally I stick it in the PC to train some other Pokemon or hatch an egg, but it always comes back to my team.

Banjora Marxvile

hOI!!!!!! i'm tEMMIE!!
    Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen May 13, 2024
    I only put my starter in the computer to leave room to train others. Only after the E4 though.

Percy Thrillington

The Mad Hatter
    Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2023
    I normally store it in my computer once the storyline is completed and I feel like EV training a proper team.

Loved the thread title, by the way. Up there with Pokémon in the Bedroom and I need help killing people.

blossem577

Glaceon fan!!!
    Years
  • i usually keep it in my team cuz... (im gonna sound sooooooo stupid) it makes me fell safe to have 2 pokkemon on my team... the rest are eggs... (eevee farm... but thats another story) my team is made of 4 eggs, fearow and empoleon

Aegis

The Savage Nymph
    Years
  • I usually use it until I beat the Elite Four, but after that it gets stuck in the computer and only sees the light of day when I feel like breeding; and once it's done at the daycare, it's back to the PC :>

Back