• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Your thoughts on HOMEWORK.

shookie

Often scatters things.
    Years
    I think we're quite responsible enough, no need for homeworks. The only people who likes homeworks are nerds, which I presume, your one of them.

There are far worse consequences out there. Nothing wrong with being a nerd! :D

I'm obviously in the minority here, but I loved homework. Whenever I had nights of homework from one class, if at all, I'd be really bored. Also, with the exception of my chemistry class, my classes were generally so short that 75% of the class was reviewing information, going over the homework, or holding some kind of discussion. By the time we were done with that, the teacher would have to rush through the new information and I wouldn't have a chance to see if I really understood it.

I had/have the bad habit of handing in things a few days too late, and I have trouble managing my time/assignments, but that has nothing to do with homework itself. I don't even get that much homework now in college (90% of it has to be done on campus) and I still hand in things a few days late.

chikorita125

^ ment to be Happy Azumarill
    Years
    If it's actually something worthwhile doing then it's not too bad, but my school has a system where each teacher has to set at least 1 homework per week, making about three-quarters of what I do pointless drivel.

1 a week you were lucky, in year 10 the least we got was 4 a week, the most was 10

Dawg 2005

The original Dawg 2005
    Years
    I think homework has it's strong points, like getting more practice. But holy hell, the teachers pile it on and on and on to where it's just a bit unnecessary.

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jan 28, 2019
    Do you feel homeworks are good?

Yea, even though I don't like it, its good practice for tests, quiz's, etc.

Do you always submit them on time?

Most of them, if I don't then I might not turn them in, but I have a straight 3.8 GPA for my whole life so I don't really care.

Years
    • Seen Apr 4, 2012
    If you did
    your homework you
    would realise that
    using new lines sporadically
    does not make you cool
    in fact you look like
    quite the fool.

Years
    Do you feel homeworks are good?

I've always believed that homework is beneficial to keeping up on the topics that you've been covering in class, but I never truly believed that homework should be large assignments that count for only a small portion of your grade. One project that I will always remember was when I had to create a World War II timeline in my history class, and we were expected to have a paragraph for each of the 10-15 events on our timeline. On the day it was due, our teacher just walked around the room to check if we completed our assignments, without ever collecting them. This is the kind of homework that I wish teachers wouldn't give, as there is no incentive for students to want to do any other homework in that class if all their hard work seemingly goes to waste.

On the other hand, I always thought it was important to get homework in classes like Math and Science, where you are learning new topics every day or two. Because the pace seems to be quicker when constantly learning new concepts, it's a good chance to refresh your memory on what you've learned that day. I never enjoyed doing homework, but I always found that if you really do take the time to do your assignments, you will generally understand the topic better, and most likely do better on tests.

This is one thing I was guilty of not doing enough. For a few of my classes, teachers would give you homework and expect you to do it, but basically told the students that it wouldn't be collected for marks. However, there would be the odd occassion that they would ask you to hand in your work, and I wouldn't have it done. Most teachers would let me hand it in the next day, for reduced marks. However, for the classes that expected you to hand in your homework each time, I would always hand it in when it was due.

Ruin Maniac

Booshka
    Years
    I don't personally think there is a point to homework. Teacher's set it so you definately know how to achieve a piece a work I.E: Algebra.

But if you have a good memory and if you understand and listen in the lesson's then why do you need Homework???

Lucy Lu

Keep On Moving Foward...
    Years
    • Seen Mar 6, 2014
    Homework has its benefits. It helps you learn and study for what your teacher is telling you. So when it comes test time it is in your mind and you will do well on the test. I didn't mind homework because I usually didn't finish it at school anyway. And it did help me learn a bit better because I had practice.

So yeah some teachers do pile a lot of your sometimes. But you just got to remember it will pay off in the long run. There are some teachers that let you work on it and it isn't due til three weeks from now. So that isn't so bad. ^^

Telekinesis

Psychic Master
    Years
    • Seen Jul 25, 2010
    Do you feel that homeworks are good?

I believe that homework is completely useless. When we come home from a 7-Hour day of school, is more work really what we need?

The only good thing about homework is that at my school, homework counts for 25% of your grade. Each time you miss an assignment, you get 5% off your homework grade. So when I do my homework, it helps my grade a LOT.

Because homework is such a big part of our grade, I always try my best to complete them on time.

Musician of Literature

La musica es la fuerza...
    Years
    Homework is FUN! It helps reinforce the info you learn at school. I get most of it the first time. In Algebra, however, homework is helpful to me. It helps me review what I don't understand. I always turn homework in on time (unless I lose it- I used to be disorganized).

Eternal Nightmare

Stunningly Handsome
    Years
    • Seen Aug 21, 2015
    Homework can be a waste of time, a chore, or even down right ridiculous but the benefits of homework is the practice and the additional knowledge you learn of doing it own your own. It helps you prepare for tests or even simple review. If everyone knew exactly what was said from during a lesson/lecture then there is really no need for homework is there. No. But do everyone understands. No. Maybe one or two people but then again they may THINK they know. Now there are some useless homwork assignments. I have been forced to make flash cards for spanish to review with classmates when we get a study guide with all vocab and translations on it :/

Saltare.

Brain bangin'
    Years
    I feel that the person who invented homework needs to be shot.

I understand giving a little homework but going to school for eight hours then going home with five hours worth of homework is not cool.

It helps sometimes but if you don't understand something and don't answer the question, you get ripped into for not know how to do it because you're teacher wasn't there to explain.

Eurydice

`~♥Eury♥~'
    Years

So, what are your thoughts on homework?

i think james patterson said it best in his maximum ride books. "homework equals grown up imposed yet self inflicted torture.
    Do you feel homework are good?
    sometimes. sometimes the teacher gives you assignments that are so pointless.

nope most of the time i never even turned in my homework.

BHwolfgang

kamikorosu
    Years
    Thank goodness that it's the summer here and we don't have homework for another two months. (:

I hate homework is burning passion. Even if the assignment is fun, there is still a part of me hating the moment when actually doing it. It's totally a waste of time. Even if my algebra teacher gave us homework and a study guide the day before a test, we would still fail it. In my opinion, I just think school work should just stay in school. If students have a genuine option of doing homework or not without getting in trouble, then I don't think anyone would really.

Years
    Since I really don't have too much patience to explain why I hate homework so much, I'll just give it a custom definition.

(From Slash Beast's Getto Dictionary)

Homework: A task given to you by teachers that you will almost NEVER have to use when you're older, yet can fail you in school if not completed. Usually on paper, or completed as a school project, whicn in the latter case you have to buy your own materials to complete it.(Which is BS.)

There, done. Point-Blank and simple, homework is BS. I find it a lazy reason to make students have homework EVEN THOUGH the teacher can give you the damn assignment in class. =/

Homework is FUN! It helps reinforce the info you learn at school. I get most of it the first time. In Algebra, however, homework is helpful to me. It helps me review what I don't understand. I always turn homework in on time (unless I lose it- I used to be disorganized).
    ......What? You're kidding...right?? No? Oh god...

mr. ck

कुछ मीठा हो जाये
    Years
    Homework is enjoyable, as long as there is a limit to how much.
    Doing 60 Physics numericals, 2 Chemistry assignments and 2 Math assignments is not educational.

I tend to only do homework as long as it's not in huge piles. I don't care if I'm going to be scolded. I am vocal about being annoyed (even to teachers).

Anyway, I just skipped the vacation assignments, who wants to destroy their vacation?

Missingno.7-4468

The Kazuka Party is for curry!
    Years
    I hate homework simply because I think differently than most people. I do not think in words, I think in pictures, and then I have to translate it to words. That makes it really hard to do stuff like reports, as I will spend half an hour staring at a blank piece of paper/Microsoft Word Document trying to decide how to communicate what I'm thinking. >_>

Another thing I do that's even annoying to me is forgetting to do my homework for one of two reasons. Either I get distracted because I look ahead to future sections of the book so I know what's coming up, or I read through the entire homework section and answer everything mentally, forget that I didn't write it down, and think that I finished my homework, when all I did was think through it.

Another thing is that I can *not* take notes in class, simply because I'm a naturally slow writer. I have gotten yelled at for it many times, so I don't make excuses for it. However, the truth about it is... Would they rather me take notes and not understand, or not understand and take notes? That, and I suck at finding key points, because I view every single word as crucial to what is being taught.

[/endrant]

Last edited:

Kishijoten

CEO of trouble making~
    Years
    I know homework is not my favorite thing to do on my spare time but I do know I have to finish it and just get over it. There's hardly a time where I didn't hand in my homework this year but that's because I don't want it to be late or get yelled at not for finishing my homework.

mr. ck

कुछ मीठा हो जाये
    Years
    Is it for bonus marks, though? If they are, are the bonus marks worth the trouble?
    These are only for bonus marks... Worth the trouble, meh... those bonuses do make a lot of difference, I'm just lazy.
    Atm, I don't care about my grades going down... Next year, it's going to matter but I will probably not get any homework then.

Back