• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Your thoughts on HOMEWORK.

Years
    • Seen Aug 12, 2010
    I believe homework is beneficial to a degree, however, exceeding beyond 1 hour for home work for a primary student is ridiculous especially those who have just newly started school.

As for those in highschool, I would say anything above 3 hours for homework is again too much, it makes it hard especially if you have a question and the teacher you need to ask is not around to ask, it is challenging to a degree.

Katie_Q

Pokemon master in the making
    Years
    I'm homeschooled.... it's all I get!

But anyway, when I was in a normal school, i found homework good and bad. At school you don't always have that long of doing actual work in some subjects, so it's good to take some work home and do it.
    But I think it should be more optional in high school (depending on the work). At this age, teenagers are smart enough to make a decision of whether they want do it.

Eldrei

Banned
    Years
    So, what are your thoughts on homeworks.
    Waste of time.

Do you feel homeworks are good?
    Sometimes. Especially when my homework is about computers, chemistry, sex education, etc.

Do you always submit them on time?
    Yeah. I usually make them just after my teacher give a homework. I tend to forget it.

Blue Nocturne

Not THAT one.
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Mar 6, 2013
    I think that homework has great teaching potential, but the way that it's normally applied is about as useful as sunglasses on a man with one ear. Some of the homework is brilliant, it encourages me to investigate what I'm doing in lessons further, while making it enjoyable. My history teacher is a great example of this, he gives us research projects in all manner of bizarre forms; his latest one was to give us all the information we was allowed to have, and from there it was up to us what we wanted to investigate and extrapolate.

There are some homework tasks that are just pointless busywork. I can't tell you how many 'research' and 'investigate' pieces I've got and just thought 'Wikipedia'. I rarely do these, as there's little merit and the teachers who give this kind of homework are usually so uninterested in teaching and don't bother to check.

I get a lot of homework which is to do with some kind of recap of the lesson. This is quite a sensitive area, as some teachers do it brilliantly (My science and RSE teachers being an example, as it usually requires me to actually think about the lesson and even further my knowledge), but some are just terrible. My maths teacher last year just gave us sheet after sheet of work which had no real purpose, this year my teacher normally gives the class previous tests or a revision book and lets us decide what we need to do extra work on rather than just pushing work onto us.

Kon~

Follow your dream to the end ~
    Years
    I've never failed to reach my target grade on a piece of coursework.

HOMEWORK, on the other hand... I don't think I've done any since Junior school, apart from when I've been threatened with detention. :3

countryemo

Kicking against the earth!
    Years
    I believe homework is a unnessory thing that the schools have been given us. (When at my school they pay more money for sports, and not to music/books/ect.)

Your at school too learn, and if you learn it, you dont need to do homework. studying for a test is an optian. Home work should be too.

Is it always in on time?
    No, I dont really ever remember a moment I have turned in something on time. If I did someone must have told me what to do. Its either late/or not turned in at all.

Yes I know..

Years
    I'm a University at the London School of Economics doing a degree in Politics and Economics. I always used to do all my homework and always found it helped me learn what we covered in classes. Now I'm at college I have to do a huge amount of revision to make sure I'm taking everything in which isn't too nice, but I guess that's life.

Years
    • Seen Dec 16, 2022
    Do you feel homeworks are good?
    Meh. I'm used to having a little bit fo homework every month. It'll probably change when i go into secondary school.
    Do you always submit them on time?
    Yes, all the time. (I bet that i'm a nerd now.)

Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Nov 9, 2021
    ALL HEIL LITLER, LORD OF THE LITERARY NAZIS.
    Your thoughts on HOMEWORK.

And what better type of forum than a children's forum to troll by using insults to try and prove anything?
    /notimpressed
    You're so incredibly witty for using smileys. Also, he started the ordeal by calling me a nerd. I merely responded.

Weatherman Kiyoshi

~Having one of THOSE days
    Years
    Ugh, I don't like Homework, BUT, as much as I think it's just a way to get my grades down created by the nefariously evil table of the standardized board of education, it is beneficial.

Time wasting, but beneficial.

It allows anything you're not getting to be comprehended at home, and with practice makes perfect.

For example, I struggled a lot with math this year. If it wasn't for more focus in class and more practice, I probably wouldn't have passed this year.

I even got a B on my final :3

What I'm saying is, it may be an annoyance and grade killer if you don't do it, but it will help you get what's being taught in class, which is the basic goal of school.
    (You know, besides the copious amounts of drama teenagers create.)

dithyrambos

PHANTOM girl
    Years
    • Seen Apr 8, 2012

I think we're quite responsible enough, no need for homeworks. The only people who likes homeworks are nerds, which I presume, you're one of them.

No offense.

>Calling someone a nerd.
    >Posting on a Pokemon forum.

Homework can be tedious at times, but like other people in this thread have said it is a great way to review the work you have learned that day. Humans forget things that they don't actively incorporate into their lives. Studying is all well and good, but simply reading a book doesn't do much in the way of imprinting new lessons into your mind. An assignment with some kind of direction, i.e. homework, is often better.

Guillermo

i own a rabbit heh
    Years
    That depends. It's only when I get overloaded with it that I begin to feel frustrated and either don't do it, or rush through it to get it out of the way. A lot of teachers forget the purpose of homework, which should be to recap on the lesson you just had earlier. I understand that a lot of homework is enforced by the government, but I don't understand why they make it too hard or too much.

If you can't post in a reasonable topic to do with homework without lashing out at someone, then you really need to look at yourself before you make fun of others.

Amaruuk

[span="letter-spacing: -2px;"][b]└──[/b]►[/span]TY
    Years
    • Age 35
    • She/Her
    • Seen May 16, 2024
    Personally I'd prefer it if I could have a higher percentage of my college work done as classwork instead 'cause I often feel like I can't do anything else when 90% of everything I do in college isn't even during class and is instead eating up all my other time.

I can't wait to have a job instead so no matter how hard they work me or if there's overtime or whatever, at least when I'm home I'm free to do things like sleep or take care of the house or work on personal project ideas (and of course video games and goofing off).

I do as much of my homework as my patience/bad back allows, which is still most of it, and I almost always reach my target grades for the classes anyway. I'm much better than I was way back in middle school, at least (thank God).

Years
    Homework is somewhat beneficial. I think it is evil. It slowly kills the students that get caught up into it. >_<

kissing. raindrops

just jump, you might fly <3
    Years
    i don't mind homework, but i HAATEE studying for tests! homework like a small assignment is okay i guess, but i get so distracted every minute when i'm sittting down and studying for tests, it's insanelyy dumb.

Alyssachu

Trainer in training! ;D
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Ohio
    • Seen Jun 15, 2012
    When you really think about it- homework itself isn't so bad. Students need it to practice and do better in their classes. What SUCKS is when teachers give out a crapload of homework. Especially in high school! Sometimes teachers will give you several sheets of work to complete, and considering what classes each individual student takes, it's absurd. Teachers need to realize that the students have homework in OTHER classes. And spending 5 hours on so much homework isn't good. It's ridiculous. Ugh, if teachers just gave out some practice cheats for homework... it wouldn't be so bad. Ya know what I mean?

xPsychosocial

A girl with kaleidoscope eyes.
    Years
    When I was in school I didn't like it and I often put it off until the last possible minute.

Since I've been in college I've done all my assignments and met the criteria, coursework and homework aren't fun but they are put of school and colleges so it's just better to get on with it.

Zeta Sukuna

Descendant of the Inchlings
    Years
    What are my thoughts on homework?

... Meh, it is beneficial for other people, but not me. If I don't get it in class, then I'm not getting it, and no amount of homework is going to help me with that. Proven last year, in about every piece of homework.

Do I feel that homework is good?

Yes. Do I like it? No. I have a crappy memory, if I can't get it in class, then something else will pull whatever knowledge of that topic out, then I'm just staring at my homework, as if it were written in some foreign language, that's about how I remember it from last year, anyway.

Do I always submit them on time?

I try to, yes.

chikorita125

^ ment to be Happy Azumarill
    Years
    in high school i never did homework, bu then when it was due i'd have to stay after school to do it, witch was stupid, anyway i recon it is pointless. when you are a kid you spend more hours sitting in front of someone blabbering on about stuff than you are at home, then as you go home you have to do this work than playing Diablo 2 or other great games on your computer.

Flame Claw

Flaminator
    Years
    If it's actually something worthwhile doing then it's not too bad, but my school has a system where each teacher has to set at least 1 homework per week, making about three-quarters of what I do pointless drivel.

Back