• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Your thoughts on HOMEWORK.

Alkaide

••» I hate my homework!
    Years
    I feel that HOMEWORK'S are one of those many worst things that
    a student gets.
    I like Homeworks which are some what realistic, not like just writing things on a piece of paper for practice.

Most of the teachers believe in giving homeworks to students. I hate to write aimlessly. I don't mean that homeworks are not beneficial but they are........
    some what IRRITATING.

So, what are your thoughts on homeworks.

Do you feel homeworks are good?

Do you always submit them on time?

Post your views, I am eagerly waiting for them. muahahahaha...

Last edited:

The Corrupt Plague

Missingno. hunter
    Years
    In before first.

Do you feel that homework is good?
    I feel that it is completely useless and a waste of time.

Do you always turn it in on time?
    I have to in order to keep my grades up. I am also very glad that I only have to put up with it for one more year.

RTHookers

Banned
    Years

Yes and know. Sometimes you get annoying crap and sometimes you get things you can cope with.

Not all. I never did homework in history, and sometimes I don't do in math too. I just don't tell the teacher lol.

Alkaide

••» I hate my homework!
    Years
    The Corrupt Plague said:
    In before first.

Do you feel that homework is good?
    I feel that it is completely useless and a waste of time.

Do you always turn it in on time?
    I have to in order to keep my grade up. Thankfully, next year will be my last.

The same is with me too, teachers put a lot of burden on us not self realizing what is really needed and what is not. Only a few teachers are good, like our history one.

Kura

twitter.com/puccarts
    Years
    Firstly, to prove my point, I feel like maybe if you did more homework, you would realize that "Homeworks" isn't a valid plural, and the word "somewhat" isn't seperated. Your grammar is completely off, and you are writing in sentence fragments, which perhaps you would be able to avoid if you did more "Homeworks."

So yeah, I would say homework IS beneficial. It's all there to teach you, even if you're not that interested in the subject. You never know when it might become useful information to you one day. Also, I believe we are put on this Earth to learn and grow. Learning, to me, means to live. If you're not learning, then you're only existing.

That's how I see things.

Alkaide

••» I hate my homework!
    Years
    Kura said:
    Firstly, to prove my point, I feel like maybe if you did more homework, you would realize that "Homeworks" isn't a valid plural, and the word "somewhat" isn't seperated. Your grammar is completely off, and you are writing in sentence fragments, which perhaps you would be able to avoid if you did more "Homeworks."

So yeah, I would say homework IS beneficial. It's all there to teach you, even if you're not that interested in the subject. You never know when it might become useful information to you one day. Also, I believe we are put on this Earth to learn and grow. Learning, to me, means to live. If you're not learning, then you're only existing.

That's how I see things.

Okay, I accept that mistakes.

That's a good perspective actually, I too like learning but not writing it again for a couple of times for no reason. As you said it will help me improve, I've already told that I don't mean that they are not beneficial, I meant that do you love them by heart.

Zeffy

g'day
    Years
    • Seen May 21, 2024

So, what are your thoughts on homeworks.
    I think they just mound students with busyness. >.< I mean, why can't you just make the students do it at school? I understand about less time, though. :)

No. (Reason stated above)

Yes, except sometimes.

Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Nov 9, 2021
    It is called responsibility children, get used to it. Your boss isn't going to franking care if your report isn't done because you didn't want to take it home to finish it.

Kura

twitter.com/puccarts
    Years

Okay, I accept that mistakes.

That's a good perspective actually, I too like learning but not writing it again for a couple of times for no reason. As you said it will help me improve, I've already told that I don't mean that they are not beneficial, I meant that do you love them by heart.

It's also good that you realize mistakes. Because if you don't realize, then you don't know they're there and you can't learn from them.

But that being said you can't force others to see their own mistakes or flaws. You can point them out, but it's up to the individual to make the decision to learn from it or not.

Writing things out a hundred times CAN be beneficial to some people. Studies have shown that the more you repeat something, the more likely you are to remember it.. so in all fairness, it's not "for no reason." It's just the teacher's way of making sure everyone remembers the content.
    And.. for someone not to love learning new things.. basically means that they're the type of person who loves to do the same repetitive task all the time (and perhaps master that task.) Factory workers who love their job could be an example of this. It's not a bad thing, just not a lot of problem solving is involved when in a certain position, and some people like that.

Homework is there for you to experience it and decide for yourself what sort of things you really love doing. So I think everyone should enjoy every moment of it.. and I think a lot of people take it for granted.

Zeffy

g'day
    Years
    • Seen May 21, 2024
    It is called responsibility children, get used to it. Your boss isn't going to franking care if your report isn't done because you didn't want to take it home to finish it.
    I think we're quite responsible enough, no need for homeworks. The only people who likes homeworks are nerds, which I presume, you're one of them.

No offense.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Nov 9, 2021

I think we're quite responsible enough, no need for homeworks. The only people who likes homeworks are nerds, which I presume, your one of them.

No offense.

Your grammar proves that you need more homework.

No offense.

(btw, we're on a Pokemon forum?)

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
    Years
    In moderation. Unfortunately, some professors don't understand "moderation," such as the idiot I had last semester who would assign us 15 pages worth of math equations every week. Any learning that homework accomplishes is kinda lost when your wrists are in pain after completing it.

Yes. Mine aren't accepted late.

Infernape

fire power!
    Years
    No. I think they're a waste. No one ever does it and we never reviewed the homework anway.

no. the only time I did that was if my girlfriend did it for me

FreakyLocz14

Conservative Patriot
    Years
    • Seen Aug 29, 2018
    Some homework is neccessary but I agree that when teacher's give too much homework or they don't make it interesting it can be a pain.

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
    Homework and assignments are very important but a lot of teachers (or the curriculum in general) fails to realize that the point of homework is to enforce study habits and to bulk up on what was learnt/demonstrated in class. It's not for children to teach themselves the material (that's the teacher's job) nor should it just be busywork for the sake of giving homework and filling some sort of quota.

Unfortunately I had a lot more of the latter kind of homework all through mandatory education and as a result I would rarely (if ever) actually do it unless it was for marks. As a result, I am very bad at managing my time to work on assignments when I'm home since I never bothered to do it growing up.

So homework is definitely important, but I disagree with most homework that gets handed out, nowadays.

Dawn

[span="font-size:180%;font-weight:900;color:#a568f
    Years
    Homework has never helped me in any way shape or form and I am quite frankly sick of it. Starting this year I have flat out not done any and simply done good in class to make up for it. If I wanted to do a better job in school, I'd study WILLINGLY. School itself is already mandatory, and I don't appreciate it taking over my home life with tedious homework. School isn't my job. (Or anything like a job, considering I have one and would know) I don't like school (Perhaps that'll change come college, though.). And I have gotten Bs or above purely by the grace of homework only being 10-15% of the grade.

Quite frankly, my memory is crud and even I can remember everything necessary.

Oh, and inb4 "U NO GET INTO COLLEGE"
    not to mention inb4 "<Insert Insult Here> YOUR ARGUMENT IS INVALID" <-- or any incarnation of such

Oh, and unless you're wondering? Yes, I do like my job.

Homework is there for you to experience it and decide for yourself what sort of things you really love doing. So I think everyone should enjoy every moment of it.. and I think a lot of people take it for granted.

You're joking right?

Your grammar proves that you need more homework.

No offense.

(btw, we're on a Pokemon forum?)

ALL HEIL LITLER, LORD OF THE LITERARY NAZIS.

And what better type of forum than a children's forum to troll by using insults to try and prove anything?
    /notimpressed

Lunyka

Pokemon Breeder
    Years
    I think there should be graded homework but I don't think that not doing your homework should cause you to fail a class either.

PokemonLeagueChamp

Traveling Hoenn once more.
    Years
    I hate homework. What's the point? Most of us hate doing it and most teachers hate grading it, so why have it at all?

Back