• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Your Top 10 Games Of All Time

Years

• Your Top 10

Well, we are half way through the year of games and there are more amazing games that have been released since last year. But, have any impacted on your top favourites.

The list can be made up of any game that you like from any platform. It can be range from pong to CoD.
    List your top 10 games, with what console they are from and with a short description, if you so wish.
    An example would be:

1. Dragon Warrior Monsters (GBC) - This game was like Pokemon for me, in the fact I played it non-stop for weeks and weeks.

Dying Light

Pegasus Knight
    Years
  • 1. Fire Emblem (Various Platforms) - As if no one could tell by my avatar! This is/was my ultimate favorite! Any game from the series.
    2. Half-Life 2 (Xbox 360) - A game with a large, interactive environment. It was fun, both in story and gameplay.
    3. Red Dead Redemption (Xbox 360) - Someone should've seen this one coming. From the makers of GTA, they brought to me something even better: a Western-style game with horses, cowboys, outlaws, & gunslingers.
    4. Dissidia Final Fantasy (PSP) - Finally! All of my favorite FF characters have been joined together in one amazing portable game!
    5. Brave Fencer Musashi (PSone) - When I first played the demo on a PSone from a yard sale in my neighborhood, I was simply captivated by it's amazing gameplay. The voice acting needed a bit of an improvement, but the game was so fun it's unbelievable. I advise anyone to try it out.
    6. Pokémon SoulSilver (Nintendo DS) - Alright, if you haven't played it or it's brother HeartGold, you are missing out!
    7. Command & Conquer (Various Platforms) - Fantastic RTS game. Was one of the first video games I ever played. Brings back memories.
    8. Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 (Xbox 360) - I was leery of getting it, because it looked like a MW2 clone, but it turned out nice! I especially like the story.
    9. Minecraft (PC) - Go play it, nao! If you haven't played it, there is something wrong.
    10. Halo Reach (Xbox 360) - Best Halo game to date. Just waiting for Halo 4 to come out, then I'll pass my opinion on it.

Algo Fonix

oh god
    Years
  • 1. Dragon Quest VIII (PS2) - It's one of those rare games that made me feel like I was actually on this grand adventure. The world is beautiful and there's a ton of content.

2. Final Fantasy VI (SNES) - This was my first Final Fantasy, and it's the only one I've completed with each re-release. I love the gameplay, and the music is wonderful. Classic.

3. Tales of Eternia (PS1) - After playing Tales of Destiny... this one hit me like a ton of bricks. The music is wonderful, the gameplay is great, the visuals are perfect... It's my favorite in the Tales series.

4. Super Mario Bros. (NES) - I know it's cliche, but I don't care. The gameplay is just as tight and fun as it was when I first played it all those years ago. It's timeless.

5. Harvest Moon 64 (N64) - I played this game a LOT in 8th grade. Never before had I been so engrossed in gameplay. I was harvesting tomatoes and corn in my greenhouse like it was nobody's business.

6. The King of Fighters '98: Ultimate Match (PS2) - It's the fighting game that really made me love fighting games. Huge roster, tight gameplay, and awesome music.

7. Pokemon Crystal (GBC) - The first Pokemon game I purchased, and one of my favorites. I'd play it all the time due to the different events for different parts of the day. It blew my mind.

8. Megaman Legends 2 (PS1) - A total refinement of the superb game that was Megaman Legends. The story was fun, the weapons were neat, the bosses were challenging, and it was all around a very very solid game to me.

9. Metal Gear Solid 2: Sons of Liberty (PS2) - I'm in the minority that loved playing as Raiden instead of Snake. The story was WTF, but the gameplay was super good. I'd like to replay this one.

10. The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past (SNES) - My first real experience with the Zelda series. I played this game for a crazy long time and had a blast. A very unique world for its time, and the gameplay and music are absolutely wonderful.

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
    Years
  • I just want to preface this by saying that my gaming knowledge is very limited to that of titles on the PC and Nintendo platforms. There are some non-PC/Nintendo titles on this list, but don't go expecting Halo or GTA or Portal or anything like that. Or Zelda, which I've never been able to get into, despite multiple attempts. So, yeah... this is a very personal list. My Top 10 Games: not The Top 10 Games. And without further ado:

10) Spyro: Year of the Dragon (PlayStation) - It probably doesn't deserve to be on any legitimate Top 10 list, but I can't think of a game that I had so much fun playing, irrespective of how 'good' it is on a quality standpoint. Everything about it seemed like it was tailored to just appeal to me, so I have to put it on this list somewhere!

9) Age of Mythology (PC) - I've played all of the Age of Empires series of games, but none of them really stick out in my mind except this one. Maybe it's the mythological element, but I also really appreciated the surprisingly dense story that went into the single-player mode. Oh, and those God functions! Very nice. And it was a pretty good strategy game, to boot!

8) Super Mario Bros (NES and various others) - The original, and still the best. Other platformers have tried to knock this off the top spot and none have really succeeded, in my opinion. A defining game of a generation, and influential of so many more to come.

7) Soul Calibur II (XBox, PS2 and GameCube) - The best traditional fighting game, for my money. And one of the best video game scores as well. Not too tough for newcomers to get their heads around, but also offering plenty of opportunities for veterans to truly devastate their opponents. And Link is used so much better here than in the Smash Bros series, in my opinion! :P

6) GoldenEye 007 (N64) - I got this game, Zelda: Ocarina of Time and Star Wars Episode I Racer in a bundle along with my Pikachu N64. While Star Wars got the first big playthrough, it was GoldenEye that remained the staple in my N64 arsenal for many, many years. I've never been one for shooters, but this managed to be the glorious exception.

5) SimCity 4 (PC) - The most life-suckingiest game on the planet. There have been times where I've spent over 10 hours just watching my city grow, zoning, putting out fires. All boring, tedious stuff in any other environment, but this game makes it not only work but also makes it fascinating and entertaining to be a part of.

4) Pokemon HeartGold and SoulSilver (DS) - Without a doubt the best Pokemon games. Everything that's good about the series are in these games. You've all played them, so you don't need me to wax lyrically about how great they are! :P

3) Tetris (E-VER-Y-THING!) - Still phenomenally entertaining to this day, despite many, many knockoffs. And such a simple idea as well! Again, you've undoubtedly played Tetris, you know what it's like!

2) Mario Kart DS (DS) - I'm surprised this game is so high, but it is probably the game that I've dedicated the most hours to in my life. Like the Pokemon games mentioned above, this entry into the franchise manages to take everything that's good about the series and filter out nearly all of the junk. a supremely pleasurably racing game that I can't see myself getting tired of.

1) Super Smash Bros. Melee (GameCube) - People might say bad things about the GameCube, and I'd be inclined to agree with a lot of them. But any console that is the home of this epitome of a cultural medium isn't completely bad. The best, most lasting game I've ever played, it manages to bring back waves of nostalgia every time I think of it, and has some of the best gameplay mechanics I've ever used. Perfection isn't a word I like to bandy around a lot, but it's the only word I can really think of that does justice to such a terrific game.

Lt. Col. Fantastic

The Arianator
    Years
  • 10. Final Fantasy VI - FF6 is probably one of the best Final Fantasies. But I didn't play it until I was older, so the nostalgic feeling I get from IV isn't there. But still, it's a great play.

9. Metal Gear Solid 4 - MGS is one of my three big series, and MGS4 is my least favorite. (Well, except PO, but seriously, that doesn't count) It redeems itself with MGO2 (R.I.P.) which I spent several hours playing.

8. MGS - Peace Walker - I think PW sould be MGS5, it has a good story and sticks to being cannon, however gimmicky the combat system was. (Recruitment, multiplayer co-op)

7. Metal Gear Solid - I'm one of those few guys that think the series got better and better. (Besides 4) MGS1 is fantastic, and always fun to play.

6. Pokemon (Any) - I grew up on pokemon, and there are so many ways you can play it through. All in all, it deserves a spot.

5. Final Fantasy 9 - Another FF I somehow missed when growing up, this one takes us back to what made FF a hit, midevil, fantasy style RPGs. But again, no nostalgia here.

4. Metal Gear Solid 2 - MGS2 is awesome. Just...awesome. Other than how incredibly fun it is to play, it has a good story and somewhat believable characters in Raiden and Rose.

3. Final Fantasy 8 - Squall was my hero, about 7 years ago. Now I realise he isn't that cool, but I still love this game...maybe its the music...

2. Metal Gear Solid 3 - If video games are art, then this is Mona Lisa. (or some other art of equal value) MGS3 is pretty much what you get with a perfect story, great graphics, fluid gameplay, and several humorous easter eggs. If only it had a great soundtrack like mgs2...

1. Final Fantasy 4 - Cecil is the man, period.

0.9 Final Fantasy VII - Crisis Core - Honestly, the only reason I even like FF7 is because of Crisis Core. Zack made everything and anything about Cloud better, while still being the better character in the series (IMO) This is the only video game that actually made me cry in the end. (just a little) The next closest thing to this was when Raiden "died" in MGS4. Square knows how to hit it deep

Joshawott

Banned
    Years
  • 10. Kid Icarus (NES)

In anticipation of the more recent Kid Icarus: Uprising, I decided to give the original a try. Some 25 years later and the originality of the game still struck me like lightning. Clever level designs, catchy tunes, an ideal balance of difficulty, and multiple endings makes for one of the best experiences the NES has to offer.

9. Paper Mario: The Thousand-Year Door (GCN)

A truly joyous adventure filled with a gorgeous diorama art style, whimsical humour, an addictive battle system, and a remarkable amount of content. The combat is also slightly enhanced from the prequel which is most definitely a welcome feature.

8. Metroid Prime 2: Echoes (GCN)

This game didn't add any new features per se, but that didn't stop me from enjoying it more than its predecessor. More captivating weapons, equipment, and scans, better music, bigger and more epic bosses, and more exploration made this a slightly more enjoyable experience for me.

7. Super Metroid (SNES)

A true platforming masterpiece. Tight controls, spine-tingling music, a highly detailed overworld map, and tough-as-nails bosses make this a game truly impossible to forget.

6. Castlevania (DS)

Any of them. That's right — any Castlevania game for the DS. When it comes right down to it, they're all good in their own unique way. Dawn of Sorrow with its incredibly diverse soul and weapon fusions, Portrait of Ruin with its co-operative gameplay mechanics, and Order of Ecclesia with perhaps the most original combat system in the series. Each game is beautifully designed, has an enchanting soundtrack, and a ton of stuff to do.

5. Super Mario Galaxy 2 (Wii)

How exactly do you improve on near perfection? Easy. Well at least for Nintendo because that's exactly what was done with Super Mario Galaxy's sequel. What few flaws the original had were fixed in this second installment and was thus made into absolute perfection. Perfect controls, perfect soundtrack, perfect game.

4. Super Smash Bros. Brawl (Wii)

The best game in the Super Smash Bros. series — always a controversial subject. Personally, Brawl was my favourite because of its extensive amount of content and dangerously detailed combat. The substantiality of the soundtrack is also a very gripping feature.

3. The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past (SNES)

My first real experience with the Zelda series.

Small world! As much as I love the other Zelda games I've played at this point, A Link to the Past won me over with its fast-paced action that the others don't seem to have nearly as much of. I also find that it has a ton of replay value, especially in comparison to other games of the series.

2. Pokémon HeartGold/SoulSilver Version (DS)

Realistically, any main-series game could fit just fine here, but that's a no-go for a reason. The amount of content these games have to offer is truly astounding. And yes, nostalgia has its part, too.

1. Tales of the Abyss (PS2)

Playing through this masterpiece had a huge impact on my life. Generally I think that anybody who's first game in the series is one of lengthy proportions will find a love similar to mine with Tales of the Abyss. Everything about this game is spectacular — the addictive combat system, the gorgeous soundtrack, the fully animated and voiced cutscenes, and last but certainly not least the gargantuan amount of content. Words simply cannot explain what an honour it was to play this.

Nerdy Mojo

No Lifer
    Years
    • Seen Jul 28, 2014
    1.elder scrolls oblivion-a seriously addictive and expansive game that is epic in every way. love it so much i rebought it when i got my ps3 last weekend even though i already put alot of hours into it

2.pokemon silver-the best pokemon imo. probably the very first game i got into in such a hardcore way (caught almost every pokemon available on the version with exception of trade pokemon-never used a link cable to get the others)

3.elder scrolls morrowind-my second favorite TES game and probably the non mutliplayer game with the most hours clocked so far due to it being the only game i played back when it was out (and a little bit after hard times back then)

4.elder scrolls skyrim-least favorite of the 3 popular TES games due to it being a bit too streamlined and easy for a hardcore series fan like me. but in no way a bad game (save for out-of-the-box prepatch ps3 version.also the game with the least hours playtime (around 30 or so) due to bad luck on my part.great game though

5.metal gear solid 3 snake eater-the most epic storyline and presentation thereof that ive experienced. also it was a blast to sneak around the jungle being a survivalist badass and the boss battles are the best.

6.world of warcraft-definetely a game that stole my soul in an unhealthy but fun way. by the time burning crusade came out i had to quit so i could live life afk.

7.final fantasy VII-great great great game! best rpg story and fun gameplay. only reason this isnt higher on the list is due to my third disc not working so i never beat the game. (will get it on psn soon) i dont even know how it ends because i refuse to find out till i beat it myself though i know alot about it just not the details.

9.socom us navy seals-single player wasnt anything that great but i was a BEAST at online and logged as many hours as i could back then without messing up my grades. ( i was gamertag "<hitmen>gangta" on there...good ol days man)

10.harvest moon back to nature-the best HM imo.

Firox

eepz, come help pwease!
    Years
  • 9:15 pm PST: sorry, I'll edit soon, didn't have time to finish posting before heading off to work
    10:25pm PST: edit: back from work

For Me:
    • 01. Sim City 4 - I'm addicted to the Sim City games, the city building simulation games, nothing beats playing part 4 especially with all the extra downloadable content, made the game (at least for me) 1,000,000 times better.

• 02. Pokemon Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald - I always have to have Persian in my team

03. Pokemon Fire Red/Leaf Green - same here, always Persian or the game just isn't fun

04. Bubsy: In Claws Encounters of the Furred Kind - its probably the only Super Nintendo game I still love playing, playing it with my grandma is even better and more fun

05. Hoyle Games - card games (such as Poker, Old-Maid, Go Fish, Solitaire), board games (such as Backgammon, Pachisi, Dominoes, Battle Ship, Yacht), I love playing the games - especially when I'm eating my meals

06. Gran Turismo - I do enjoy playing racing games once in a while

07. Super Mario World/Super Mario All Stars - the other SNES game I still play, still have the physical game but no consol, so play them with an emulator

08. Metal Gear Solid 2- I enjoying playing the Metal Gear Solid games, but the second part comes to mind as the one I liked the most

09. Grand Theft Auto San Andreas - its my favorite GTA version, the others are OK, largest map and more stuff to do

10. FIFA 12 (and all other FIFA games) - I love soccer/football, so my main reason for liking the games

Last edited:

Mortalis

[css-div="background-color:#4e9dda;text-align:cent
    Years
  • 1. Dark Cloud 2 - So many memories of playing it when I was younger, especially with my brothers. Amazing game, will always be my favorite.
    2. League of Legends - Addictive, fun, competitive and free. The company, Riot, is also amazing. Will always be one of my favorites.
    3. Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time - This one, well, it's a Zelda classic. Pure favorite.
    4. Batman: Arkham City - Fun, fast paced action and beautiful content and plot. The storyline is.. ridiculously amazing. One of the best games I've ever played.
    5. Fable II - I will always have a special place in my heart for Fable II. The storyline is beautiful, the features are rich in number and quality, and the graphics are amazing.
    6. Mario Kart: Double Dash - So many fun times playing with friends. One of the best racing games I've played.
    7. Super Mario Galaxy - The physics and fun level of this game are just phenomenal. Nintendo really did it on this one.
    8. Portal - Just amazing.
    9. Super Smash Brothers Melee - Like Double Dash, this game unlocked so much fun for my friends and I.
    10. Star Wars: Battlefront 2 - One of the first games I was actually good at, and has so many memories packed in, it will never be forgotten.

Those probably are in the wrong order, but they're all my top 10, for sure.

FlameChocobo

Warrior of Hoenn
    Years
    • Seen Dec 27, 2016
    Number 10! MapleStory - When I was in GaiaOnline, I discovered that there was a guild about it. When I started playing it, I started liking it. I played it for 6 years.

Number 9! Bonk's Revenge (PCEngine/TurboGrafx-16) - After playing Bonk's Adventure, I decided to download Bonk's Revenge on the virtual console. I'm so exited to play it over and over and over.

Number 8! Megaman II (FC/NES) - I enjoy this game the most in the Megaman series. I love destroying robot masters using Mega Buster.

Number 7! Super Mario World (SNES/SFC) - You know it's fun to fly around in levels with Cape. It has good level design, great gameplay.

Number 6! Mario Party 2 (Nintendo 64) - SPEAKING of Mario, Mario Party 2 is my most favorite of the series. The boards are good, the minigames are good, an improvement from the first game.

Number 5! Chrono Trigger (Multiplatform) - I got into CT while playing it on the Nintendo DS.

Number 4! Final Fantasy: Tactics Advance (Gameboy Advance) - Whenever I was in 7th Grade, I was thinking about buying it for my GBA. I played it religiously after buying it.

Bronze Metal! 悪魔城ドラキウラ: 血の輪廻 (AKA Castlevania: Rondo of Blood) - Very Good Castlevania game. It's my favorite Castlevania game of the series. Cool storyline, good level design and the music is awesome.

Silver Metal! Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time - When I was a Teenager I decided to play it to the end. To me, it feels like a classic Zelda game.

GOLD METAL! Final Fantasy IV and Pokemon Ruby, Sapphire and Emerald! - Yep! Pokemon Third Generation and the fourth Final Fantasy on Number 1. They're my all time favorite games.

Years
    • UK
    • Seen Oct 17, 2023
    • 10. Mario Kart, Wii: It's a fun game, especially in a group. Of course it lacks any story so it's stuck at number 10.
    • 9. Pokémon R/S, GBA: Probably the most interesting of the Pokémon games, loved the region and the new Pokémon.
    • 8. Disney Universe, XBOX360: A quirky, fun game which is pretty good for nostalgia. Can be a bit repetitive but it is funny, especially when you pick up your friend and throw them off the edge by accident.
    • 7. Final Fantasy 12, PS2: One of the most overlooked FF games, I love the huge expanse that is Ivalice and how diverse and interesting the different cultures/species are.
    • 6. Guild Wars, PC: Best MMO I have played, great graphics and good story too. I feel it had the leg up on WoW and other things, it felt like the players were more mature and it was easier to escape those who weren't.
    • 5. Final Fantasy 10, PS2: FFX makes the list for it's interesting, happy/sad ending. Gameplay was awesome and characters such as Lulu really made the game for me.
    • 4. Fable 2, XBOX: Just finished my latest play through of this, I love how each playthrough can be so different, the only problem is money-grinding! But there are good ways around that ;).
    • 3. Final Fantasy Tactics, PS1: I just love turn-based battles and FFT had such a diverse amount of characters, moves and maps that it was close to perfect.
    • 2. Final Fantasy 9, PS2: My first ever PS1 game, and my first attempt at playing a deep and complicated game. The graphics were revolutionary at the time and the characters showed a unique amount of character and emotional depth.
    • 1. Jade Cocoon, PS1: Most people have never really heard of this game, IMO it's amazing. The graphics, back in the days of PS1, were fairly good and the gameplay was some mix and match of Final Fantasy and Pokémon - catching your own monsters and customising them (and yourself) for battling. It even had the cool feature of combining monsters to make 100% unique forms, which is amazing and something that hasn't been replicated in any other game (as far as I know).

Charicific

PkMn Trainer
    Years
  • 10- The Sims 3 (PC) : Though it's been a long time since I played it, it's no doubt an endless game with unbelievable options and creativity.

9- Sonic Generations (PC) : I LOOOVE his speed, as long as it's a 3D Sonic game, with speed element as a focus, it's amazing.

8- Portal 2 (PC)
    : Smart smart smart! Just genius! A sweet play of physics as well. Requires much more real life depth than other games I have seen.

7- Half-Life Series (PC): Well, let's get one fact straight, any game made by Valve is great. This trilogy is no exception. Nice storyline and pace of action. The only Sci-fi games that forces me to play as I hate Sci-fi/Futuristic themes.

6- Battlefield 3 (PC) : I always enjoyed BF2, It was one of my childhood games. When I heard BF3's announcement, my heart started racing. In its released, the game kept on amusing me. Graphics, Physics, Multiplayer...man it was Rigid!

5- Simcity 4 (PC) : Come on...seriously?! You don't acknowledge the ingeniousness of probably the ultimate city building game? It was probably the best city building sim when it comes to concept and theme.

4- Flight Simulator X>aka> FSX (PC) : Ok Ok, I realize all of you will be like "Da Faq?!" . But seriously, I am in love with aviation. This game is ultimately cool especially with PMDG addons. Endless realism and flight hours. Though it might appear boring, you don't realize how much fun I get when I am a captain of a 737.

3-Caesar IV (PC) : I'm pretty sure not much would be hearing of this franchise as it went silent since 2006. I fell in love with the franchise after playing its prequel, Caesar III. Building the Roman Empire with a challenging system of Labor, Industry, Military etc... Still currently playing it.

2- Caesar III (PC) : Oh yes >:) ! The prequel, released in 1998, my best childhood game and is now one of the best to me. It offers a challenge I couldn't master. The only game I couldn't beat. Sweet gameplay! Gotta love the Classics ;)

1- Ehmmm ehmmm B) ... for #1, it's no other than the one and only. The ultimately best franchise I've witnessed until now. Hint...Pokecommunity :P Yep! Right, Pokemon!: I can't tell you how this game changed my life not too long ago. Now, everything I do in life must be with reference to this franchise. Every piece of work I do must have my signature prints- Anything Pokemon related. It's the best B) don't even try convincing me out of it.

And I think you can now guess that I only own PC games and will never think of getting a console :P . Yes, even Pokemon is played on my PC :|

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jun 19, 2012
    Mine top 10 Games are:-

Angry Bird
    Bubble Trouble
    Shoot Bubbles
    Raging Thunder-II
    Cube Free
    Forest Runner
    Wave Blazer
    Ping Pong World Champ
    Need For Speed
    Battlefiedld 3....................etc

Years
    • Seen Jun 27, 2012
    1. Battlefield 3
    2. GTA SAMP
    3. GTA IV
    4. COD MW2
    5. COD MW3
    6. COD Black Ops
    7. Pokemon Platinum
    8. Pokemon B/W
    9. Pokemon HG/SS
    10. Left 4 Dead

Wings Don't Cry

Maybe she's born with it
    Years
  • 10. Boktai: The Sun Is In Your Hand - This game was absolutely amazing, the Gun Del Sol was a very interesting weapon and really fun to play with. The game also offered a variety of puzzles. The sequels completely screwed this up though by taking away the different lens and even giving you a sword.

9. Tetris- One of the earliest video games but it still remains as one of the greatest.

8. Tekken 5 - When this game first came out it was simply unbelievable. The graphics were amazing and the game play was faster than any other fighting game at the time. This was not only a huge jump for the Tekken series but it was a huge jump for the PS2 is well.

7. Megaman III - Megaman III introduced some very valued features into the series and when I say features I mean Rush Coil and Rush Jet. This now meant that you no longer had to brave your way through those spiked ravines with disappearing blocks nor did you have to go through a gauntlet to get to a ladder that didn't reach the ground. Also the weapons were very balanced and were useful in their own way.(I was going to say except (insert weapon) but I couldn't think of one that was never used outside of it's corresponding robot master) The game also had not introduced that stupid charged shot yet.

6. Crash Bandicoot 2: Cortex Strikes Back - For some of the younger folks here who don't this, during the mid to late 90s nearly every video game that was coming out featured an animal as the protagonist. You had games like Sonic, Croc, Spyro, Tai Fu, Chocobo Dungeon and many others and among them was Crash Bandicoot. When Crash Bandicoot 2 came out it was very clear that NaughtyDog was heading for a new direction with Crash Bandicoot 2. It no longer featured the linear level system and was replaced with warp rooms letting you choose the levels you wanted to play. The goal in the game was very clear and it included new moves for our bandicoot friend. Not only was the game much more user friendly and with different moves available it meant you could play the levels in more than one way. Of course the best part of Crash Bandicoot 2 were the levels, doesn't matter how many features they add in because the levels made up 90% of the game. There was absolutely nothing to do other than play the levels over and over again.

5. Pokemon Crystal - This is not the greatest Pokemon game but it is one of my favourites. The others would of course be every other game in the main series except Fire Red/Leaf Green. I never had a gameboy colour, I had the big ol' brick gameboy with Pokemon Yellow. Then one day my uncle got me a Gameboy Advance and along with it was Pokemon Silver. I now had Pokemon in colour and I could visit Kanto and meet all new Pokemon. It was amazing but then all of a sudden this new game was being advertised, Pokemon Crystal. It looked just like my Pokemon Silver but at the same time I felt like a totally different game. When my friend got it and let me play, I suddenly realized that this was a different game. The only things they added were animated sprites and a female protagonist but it didn't feel like Silver at all. During my time as a child, I had dubbed this to be the definitive version of Pokemon. It had featured both playable male and female characters, it had the regions of all the games thus far and I got to battle the character I played as in Yellow.

4. Kingdom Hearts - Kingdom Hearts came out when I was at the age of getting into more in depth video games than Crash Bandicoot but while I was still watching Disney movies on a regular basis. This game was very well advertised and I was instantly drawn into it with all my friends from the Disney Classics. As I played it I found out something that I never encountered before besides Pokemon, a level system. My character now had stats and hp values along with different equipment. Just before this I was playing Ratchet and Clank where enemies would never vary in damage and my weapons didn't have much variation either. This game introduced so much to me, most importantly it helped me get started on using this one part of the controller called the Joy Stick. Kingdom Hearts was the first game I played that forced the joy stick on me and it was also the first time I fought enemies that I couldn't dispatch in 2 seconds. Alas the many sequels that have shown up over the years and that one prequel can still not ignite that passion I had for the original Kingdom Hearts.

3. Final Fantasy IV - I don't think an explanation is required here.

2. Final Fantasy IX - It felt like I was playing Final Fantasy IV but in a new world where an addictive chocobo mini game exists and the ability to form parties.

1. Golden Sun(The Lost Age) - I'm referring to both of them, I never consider them to be two separate games. I've always seen The Lost Age as part two of Golden Sun and not a sequel. That being said whenever I decide like playing Golden Sun, I start from Vale and I play all the way up to Mars Lighthouse. I have spent more time on this than any other game, it also taught me a lot about turn based RPGs which led me to conquer many other games during my time like Breath of Fire and Final Fantasy. Actually that's about it. Nonetheless it was a very fun game.

1. Dark Cloud 2 - So many memories of playing it when I was younger, especially with my brothers. Amazing game, will always be my favourite.

That game was amazing, although it sadly couldn't make my top 10 despite all the hours I spent on it.

FlameChocobo said:
    Number 8! Megaman II (FC/NES) - I enjoy this game the most in the Megaman series. I love destroying robot masters using Mega Buster.

Y U NO USE METAL BLADE!?

~Ryukaa

total nerd
    Years
  • Okay, this isn't in any particular order. I love all these games to death, and it would kill me to favour any over the other.

MOTHER 3 (GBA) - When I discovered Earthbound, I was instantly charmed. Of course, I discovered Earthbound when I was in Grade 6, which was pretty late(in my opinion). ...But, I played it all the way through and loved it. It was amazing. When I discovered that there was a sequel that was never released in English, but had been fan translated, I jumped at my opportunity to play it! It's definitely one of the most brilliant and clever RPGs I had played, especially since I hadn't played that many back then. It has a special place in my heart, even if I don't play the MOTHER games very often at all, anymore.

Tales of Symphonia (NGC) - I blame Tara/BinaryPeaches for this. xD;
    When I returned to PC early last year, I met Tara through DLTMS0. She told me about this really awesome RPG she was obsessed with called Tales of Symphonia... and hey, I love RPGs, so I decided to try get my hands on a copy somehow and play it through. So I did. It was fantastic. The battle system was fun and fast paced, the characters were all lovable and hilarious, I loved the art style, and the game was just so vibrant and filled with joy. I've yet to own a copy for myself, but I really hope I'll be able to soon. I've been dying to replay it.

Persona 4 (PS2) - Despite the 3 hour introduction, Persona 4 is a game everybody should play. What I love about this game are the strong morals it holds in it. It teaches lessons such as accepting who you are, and how important your friends are. I really like what they did with Persona 4, because a lot of teenagers are bound to play the game. A lot of people have things they hide and push back about themselves, especially teenagers. That's why I love Persona 4. It deserves the fanbase that it has, because it's such a strong, strong game. Anyway, all the characters are ones that are likable and can be related to in some way. Heck, it even tells you that it's okay to be gay. Your true friends will accept you for that. I only played Persona 4 this year, but I don't regret a moment. Also, the dungeon crawling and social link aspects of the game are damn addicting.

Lunar Legend (GBA) - Now, I have never played the original Lunar game. But... I can safely say that this game was a really good port on it's own. Although I hear it really deviates from the original, it was a game I played in Grade 3, and also my first true RPG. I don't really have too much to say, to be honest. xD;
    It was a major part of my childhood, and that's all there was to it.

Super Mario Galaxy (Wii) - No other game blew me away in terms of atmosphere than Super Mario Galaxy. It had amazing, extremely inspired worlds(or should I say, Galaxies), an absolutely mind blowing orchestral soundtrack, and even a really nice backstory for a Mario game. No other platformer has ever inspired and left me in awe as much as Super Mario Galaxy. I spent many hours with this game, and ever since playing it, I use it a lot as an example of a masterpiece game.

Pokemon: Explorers of Sky (NDS) - I've always thought highly of the Mystery Dungeon Pokemon games, and even like them more than the mainstream Pokemon games. They were the first games to ever make me drop a single tear, admittedly. Both of them. This game in particular was the best, all around. I already loved Explorers of Time, especially the story. So... when I heard an enhanced version was being released, I was extremely excited. No surprise, this game lived up to it. I can't get over how fun the dungeon crawling, mission completing action is, and I really hope a Mystery Dungeon: Black and White gets announced.

Ace Attorney (NDS) - I'm cheating a bit, but I'm going to feature all four main games here in general. In my opinion, it's hard for each one to be complete without the other. As a whole, it's a fantastic series. Shu Takumi put in a really unique charm into the Ace Attorney series, and it shows. The many different unique characters and their many different expressions, the compelling story that ties to all the characters you love, the absurdity that the fact that all the cases you get are murder cases. All of these make up the Ace Attorney series. Oh, and that extremely satisfying feeling you get when you find those contradictions in testimonials. Ohhh, yeahhh.

Mega Man Zero Collection (NDS/GBA) - Again, I'm cheating a bit. I played all these on the GBA, and they were also my first Mega Man games. What really attracted me to these games was the art style, and the soundtrack. I have a deep love for both. They were definitely hard games when I played them, but I was really determined to beat them. I also really love the character designs. Amazing stuff, in my opinion.

Pokemon Crystal Version (GBC) - Pokemon Gold was my very first Pokemon game. I never really owned the game myself, only being able to play it at my cousin's place every week. Even so, I really liked the game. It was always a joy to be able to play it, especially since I was a big fan of the anime. A couple years after, I got my hands on Pokemon Crystal. Even though it was on an emulator, I still treated it like I would any genuine game. I loved how the game featured Suicune, I loved the Pokemon animations(and was confused about why Ruby or Sappire didn't have them), I loved how they gave you the option to choose between Male or Female, I loved everything about it. In general, I've replayed the Johto games multiple times, but my run through Crystal was definitely the best.

Final Fantasy Tactics Advance (GBA) - My cousins introduced me to this game, and when I tried it out, it was awesome. I can't tell you how much fanart I drew of this game as a kid, and heck, I even wrote an adaption of the story. It was very good, but hey, I was in Grade 4. What would you expect? The idea of a fantasy world within a book seemed really amazing to me, back then. Also, the gameplay itself was amazing. It had great multiplayer, which I loved using with my cousins. I can't get enough of the universe that the game is set in, though. Ivalice. Absolutely stunning. Journeying through this world with Marche and Montblanc, a world that was created through dreams. Beating the bosses and destroying the crystals, meeting your old friends that you lost before you entered Ivalice. Oh, man. It was amazing.
    Although there were other games set in the Ivalice universe such as XII, Tactics Advance 2, Tactics, and so on, nothing topped this game. It's my favourite Square-Enix game in general, and a game I will never, ever, forget.

marcc5m

what
    Years
  • 1/ Minecraft
    Surprised only one other person said it. Easily my favourite game, there's just an endless amount of things to do and build. There's even adventure maps if building isn't your forte, and a ton of mods out there.

2/ Pokémon
    As I don't play many games I'd just end up with a list with mainly Pokémon games, so I'm just going to categorize them all here :)

3/ GTA IV
    Absolutely love it. Still haven't played it though, because, and this is something where idk if it's a glitch or somethng, but I can't complete one of the missions because the Jamaican guy who is supposed to follow me to my car just stands there. Really hoping I don't have to restart.

4/ Viva Piñata 2: Trouble In Paradise
    I absolutely loved this game. Then came the day I finally got the USB camera for my XBox 360, and was eager to try out the whole card thing. It didn't work. I raged and hit my XBox. Game is now broke. RIP.

5/ Digimon World
    Yes, a Playstation 1 game, full of translating errors and horrible glitches. But there was just something about it that made it so fun...Unfortunately I don't have that any more either...had it since I was 6 and now the disc is snapped...damn siblings!

6/ Super Smash Bros Melee
    Yes. I said Melee. Not Brawl, Melee. Because I never had a Wii. I never actually owned this game, it belonged to a friend years ago (haven't seen him since I was 9 because I moved far away) and he let me borrow it and I played it all the time. I was actually watching a Let's Play of it on Youtube just before I came to this thread xD

7/ Something
    Okay I can't remember the name of this game...it was a Dragonball Z game, and it was the third in a series, and I'm pretty sure it was on the Gamecube but it might have been PS2. Anyway I borrowed it from the same friend as above, and I'd never actually watched DBZ, nor have I now, yet I absolutely loved it. Really amazing game...except I forgot the name.

8/ I really can't think of more right now so I'll edit later :)

Kikaito plush

Angeline plushxKikaito plush
    Years
  • Video games or online games ?

if it is videogames on consles

10. Luigi's mansion-gamecube
    9. Little big Planet-ps3
    8. Super Mario 64-N64
    7. LOZ: Majora's mask-N64
    6. Animal Crossing WW-DS
    5. Final fantasy 9-PS1
    4. Super Smash bro melee-Gamecube
    3. Pokemon R/S/E-GBA
    2. Donkey kong country-N64
    1. Sonic the hedgehog 1- Sega Genesis

Last edited:

Mooseqwert-Pokemaster

Breeder of all Trades
    Years
    • Seen Nov 17, 2012
    10. Top Gun-PS3
    9. Ghost Recon 2-Xbox
    8.Burnout:Takedown-Xbox
    7.Elebits-Wii
    6.Pokemon Silver-GBA
    5.Minecraft-PC
    4.Pirates of the Caribbean-Xbox
    3.Mortal Kombat:Deadly Alliance-Gamecube
    2.Battlefield 3-PS3
    1.COD MW3

Years
    • Seen Jan 2, 2016
    I started playing video games when I was about 4 or 5 and since then I have continued playing even though I am now considered too old for games. :( A lot of my favorite games are from when I was a kid and these will continue to be my favorites because the classics are the best, at least imo.

10. Donkey Kong Country- SNES: I remember playing this for hours and hours until I passed every level and got every DK Coin.

9. Dragon Quest VIII- PS2: I played this game for many hours hunting down and unlocking every chest, which was no small feat considering the size of the world. My favorite part was exploring the entire world and not just set paths like so many other games.

8. Sonic- Sega Genesis: Back then, this was the fastest pace game with Sonic just a blur at times. The games were addicting and I couldn't stop playing until I finally beat Eggman.

7. Samurai Warriors 1 & 2- PS2: Recent games compared to the rest but I thoroughly enjoyed playing these games. Being a samurai and conquering other armies by defeating their leader before your leader was defeated added suspense to the game. Having the freedom to plow through whole armies by yourself and defeat hundreds of enemies while at the same time following each characters storyline was a unique twist to the game as a whole. As a bonus, the game is based on Japanese history with the characters and battlefields being part of real history.

6. Animal Crossing- Gamecube & Animal Crossing: Wild World- DS:
    I loved these games and how I was in control of my own life. I could do whatever I wanted and make many friends. I looked forward to receiving and replying to letters and the holidays. I didn't stop playing until I had fully expanded my house and I had paid off the entire loan which took a long time.

5. Star Fox Adventures & Assault- Gamecube: Even though both of these games are from the same series they are very different from each other. Adventures has more of a RPG to it while Assault is just a shooting everything in sight game. The multiplayer option in Assault has to be the best part of the game. The multitude of weapons meant many different ways to defeat your opponent. I was particularly good at finding unique ways of winning.

4. Harvest Moon: I have played almost every game in this series and I have loved every single one of them. What sold me was the thought that went into the games. There were different crops for every season and you had to spend your money wisely or you would have a difficult time. I hated whenever a storm would come through and destroy all my hard work, but that was just like in real life. You would work hard only to watch it all be destroyed by something you couldn't control.

3. Need For Speed: Most Wanted- PS2: The greatest racing game ever. I would cruise the streets looking for cops to run from and then I would spend hours being chased by cops and trying to immobilize all of them. There were many cars to chose from and then many, many more styles and designs to chose from to customize your car. Definitely enjoyed racing and drifting around sharp corners, all to get your car back. NFSMW is the only racing game I've played where you could cruise the streets on your own without having anyone telling you where to go.

2. Pokemon!:
    I have played every game except for HG/SS and that's because I can't afford them yet. :( I started with Crystal and I have worked all the way up to White throughout the years. I have even played some spinoff games and collected the cards. Though I am not as big of a fan as I was a few years ago, I still enjoy playing these games and trading to try to catch 'em all.

1. Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker- Gamecube: I have played most of the LoZ games, but this is my favorite. The gameplay was a little different from the other games I've played in the series. The graphics suited the game perfectly but made it look more childish. Even though the Redeads were cartoonized, they still creeped me out and made me run away as fast as I could. I spent hours sailing the seas charting every island and hunting down every treasure chart and chest. I loved to sail up to an unexplored island and discover hidden treasure or enemies to fight. I have run the gauntlet so many times just for the fun of it. Definitely the greatest game I've ever played. :D

Back