• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Your Top 10 Games

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
  • Simple as the title says. What are your top 10 favorite games? I'll put mine in a later post when I have more time to think on it. :P I know my top 3 for sure, but I haven't given it much thought for a specific top 10. Plus you know me, I'm gonna ramble about each for a bit and I don't want it all in the first post, haha.

mannakete

exec hymme Holy=Judgment sos yor
    Years
  • Cracks knuckles

1. Golden Sun The Lost Age
    2. Tales of the Abyss
    3. Mana Khemia Alchemists of Al Revis
    4. Ar Tonelico Melody of Elemia
    5. Fire Emblem Radiant Dawn
    6. Final Fantasy IX
    7. Pokemon Alpha Sapphire
    8. Okami
    9. Spyro Year of the Dragon
    10. Dragon Age II
    Order not exactly right but you get the gist of it

Usuru

ウスル☆
    Years
    • Seen Jun 3, 2017
    Waaaah!! It was so hard to just pick 10 top favorites, ha ha!

10. NiGHTS: Journey of Dreams
    9. Super Monkey Ball 2
    8. Super Mario Sunshine
    7. Pokémon Platinum
    Pokémon HeartGold/SoulSilver
    Pokémon Colosseum
    Sonic Adventure DX: Director's Cut
    3. Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of Sky
    2. Sonic Heroes
    1. Sonic Adventure 2: Battle~!!
    ♪\(≧▽≦)/

Last edited:

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
    1. Kingdom Hearts: Birth by Sleep
      My favourite game of all time. Favourite of favourites. I love even its first iteration (ie, not the Final Mix or HD version) above all other games and if I felt cheaty, I could fill up like 4 slots with each technically different copy of the game I own. I LOVE IT TO PIECES. It's got a good story, it looks great, the characters are endearing (even when they're kind of stupid... sorry Terra ilu tho), and goddamn is it fun. I've easily put... 1000 hours into this game by now?? At least? That's over a month of my life since it came out almost 5 years ago and I have zero regrets.
    2. Tales of Xillia
      I don't even know how this ended up so high... I certainly never expected it. But I love the world and characters and their interactions SO MUCH. It's a lot of fun and it makes me sad that a lot of people really disliked it but oh well. It has a lot of flaws so sometimes I'm a little embarrassed about how much I like it because I always end up being the first to point out all its legitimate flaws from being a bit of a rushed mess but... ahh I love it so much anyway. ♥ It's been over two years since I first played it and I've been kind of obsessed with it since day on with no sign of slowing down, lol. (I gotta get back to the replay I started the other week. n_n;;)
    3. The World Ends With You
      This game is SO GOOD. It's the one game that used every single feature of the DS extensively and effectively without coming off as super gimmicky. It's as hardcore or as easygoing as you want since there are multiple ways to adjust the difficulty to meet your playstyle. Speaking of playstyle, there are tons of ways to play it by mixing up your pins so it's easy to find something you like. The characters are all interesting (and it has Pi-Face so I mean. That's already Q.E.D. on this argument) and the writing is hilariously smart. Another Day? Best. Epilogue. Ever. Please play this game if you ever have the chance.
    4. Pokémon Diamond
      Cherrim.
    5. Tales of Graces f
      This got me back into Tales after I got really disillusioned with the series after Vesperia. I hated almost everything about it for the first few hours and then for a long time (or, well, until Xillia) it became my favourite Tales game. xD; I loved the characters and they're still my favourite ensemble party in any game ever. Most people hated the game for being bright and colourful and about friendship but I thought it was completely charming. I met a lot of people through this fandom that I'm good friends with now so I'll always really appreciate it for that too, since games aren't just about your own experience with them but also sharing that experience with others. Also it has one of the greatest battle systems (especially for 4P co-op godDAMN) that I've ever played.
    6. Ace Attorney: Phoenix Wright
      I kind of wanted to cheat and list just about all of them because I love the whole series. But I guess if I had to pick an absolute favourite it's........ probably the first one...?? I guess? (Man, I should've just put the trilogy compilation that came out on 3DS lmao.) I love love love the writing in these games. The puns, the quirky characters, the memes, the snark from Phoenix. Ace Attorney's localization is top-notch, to the point where I don't even like playing the games in JP because the English is just so much better. :P
    7. Plants vs Zombies
      I don't have a lot to say about this one other than I probably own it on like 8 different platforms and I've played it to completion on all of them because it is an addicting and great game. Amazing soundtrack, too.
    8. Assassin's Creed II
      I haven't played this in ages but I remember having so much fun with it. I loved Ezio and the game was so great, since it was back before they churned one out every year with a subpar story and no gameplay improvements. This game was a breath of fresh air because it took literally everything people complained about from the first game (which was still fun!) and fixed it while adding tons of cool stuff at the same time. I always appreciate that kind of effort in sequels.
    9. Chrono Trigger
      I played this really late--only once it came out on DS--but I still really loved it. The story, characters, and gameplay held up after all that time but honestly? It's mostly on this list for the soundtrack. CT has one of my favourite game OSTs of all time.
    10. Tales of the Abyss
      Aaaand of course I have to put another Tales game on the list. I think Abyss is objectively the best one out of the ones I've played. Every character gets a lot of development, even the enemies. The pacing is pretty ehh and the battle system is a little dated but I still really love the game. I still think of the characters really fondly, even though I haven't played it in years. Jade is amazing.
    It's kind of a free for all after 4 because then it just gets into general favourites. But those top four? Very important to me and god do I ever love them, in that order. :x

ZeroNocturne

Doot doot
    Years
  • Mega Man 1-10, obviously. But seriously-

1. Mega Man X(1)
    2. Zelda: Majora's Mask (3D)

(pretty much everything from here out is a list in no real order)

3. Pokemon Omega Ruby
    4. Pokemon Soul/Silver (gen 2 best gen)
    5. Hyrule Warriors
    6. Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of Sky (I expect Super Mystery Dungeon to take this spot fast)
    7. Shovel Knight
    8. Azure Striker Gunvolt
    9. Pokemon Battle Trozei
    10. Pokemon Diamond

pkmin3033

Oh, lord. I hate doing this...but I do have a Top 10, when I think about it. Order is precise; subject to inclusions, but not swapping around.

1. Xenoblade Chronicles

Of course, this would have to be my number one. Xenoblade is the pinnacle of the JRPG genre; I have never played a better one. Xenoblade, to me, is proof that nostalgia isn't the all-powerful force that it appears to be, and that after years of seeing it all, games can still surprise me. The sheer number of unexpected plot twists in this game alone would earn it a place on my top ten by default, because nothing surprises me in games these days, but add an involving battle system, a superb cast with decent voice acting, rather than the recycled standard anime VAs the Tales series has been dishing up since Symphonia, and the fact that the main story takes about sixty hours minimum, without sidequests...oh yes, this is a JRPG. This is beautiful. I don't see this one being surpassed for a long time...but then, I never even saw this one coming. I am so grateful to this game in so many ways. But let's not lose our 'eads, though.

2. Disgaea 4
    Just as Xenoblade is the pinnacle of JRPGs, Disgaea 4 is the highest point of SRPGs. It takes everything from previous Disgaea titles and improves upon them substantially...and that's a hell of a lot. Disgaea as a series has always been better than other SRPGs to me because it's significantly more complex...and ridiculous. Trillions of damage, levels into four digits - multiple times - for characters, triple digits for weapons...and bosses at that level to make it worthwhile. When people talk about grinding, they're talking about the Disgaea franchise. This time, however, it adds a proper story and cast. Much as I love the Disgaea franchise, I've often found the cast to be lacking - after the trio of Laharl, Etna, and Flonne, nothing really measured up. Valvatorez changed that alone; when you add in the other cast members and the cameos, you've got a winning formula. Plus, sardines. SARDINES.

3. NieR
    I'm not a very emotional person. People go on and on about emotional games, or emotional moments in games, and I have absolutely no idea what they're talking about. But I suppose we all have a weakness, and NieR is mine. NieR did the impossible: it broke my heart. It then proceeded, through multiple playthroughs, to defile the remaining pieces, before finally cremating them. I'm pretty sure it keeps the ashes on a mantle above the fireplace, right next to the opening for the Recycled World. My GOD, talk about depressing. The gameplay is delightfully varied but not exceptional, and the graphics are nothing to write home about. It's easy and it has an illogical time skip in the middle. But it's such a beautiful title. It's protagonists defy traditional RPG tropes and have the most fantastic chemistry. It also has the greatest soundtrack ever created. Ever. Vocal tracks are traditionally saved for opening themes, boss battles, or these emotional moments people go on about. NieR uses them for everything. You would think that would lessen the effect, but it doesn't - it just makes it all the better. Unlike 90% of games, NieR recognises there is more than one vocal style, and it uses them to fantastic effect. I knew the second I heard Blu Bird on the official site that this game was going to be exceptional. My ears never fail me.

4. Final Fantasy XII
    I get very aggravated when people bash this game. FFXII is easily the pinnacle of the FF mothership titles, in my opinion. It evolves the standard-issue ATB system into something approaching real-time combat - unlike FFX, which went right back to basics, and FFXIII, which made a mockery of it - and the Gambit system circumvented the problem of awful AI by allowing you to essentially set your own. This is a game you could let play itself with the right set of Gambits. Vaan might not have been the best choice for a player character, but the rest of the cast was interesting and complex, and FF has never had a villain more subtle, nuanced and profound than Vayne Solidor, who I took to immediately. It's nice to have a villain who isn't out to destroy or conquer the world for a change, but a liberator with differing methods, unafraid to get his hands dirty. Vayne was unique in that he could just as easily have been the protagonist; he was only the villain because he opposed the characters the player controlled. I love it when things aren't as cut-and-dry as good vs. evil. Best of all, it doesn't have a shit romance subplot. Final Fantasy just cannot do romance right, and it's feeble attempts to have ruined so many of it games for me. FFXII focuses on what REALLY matters: The story. The world. The politics. This is everything I wanted from an FF game and more.

5. Tales of Symphonia
    OK, so I lied, it's actually hot coffee. For a long time, Tales of Symphonia was my favourite video game. It's arguably the game that got me interested - really interested - in JRPGs. Sure, I'd played FFVII through to FFX by the time it came out and I'd enjoyed them enough, but Symphonia was something new, with it's cel-shaded graphics, anime-style portraits (anime was a new thing to me around then as well) and real-time combat system. I was hooked on it the moment I got it, and it's also probably the first time a story of a game has ever really had me captivated. I needed to know what happened next. I couldn't stop. Symphonia Chronicles last year only reaffirmed to me just how much I enjoyed this. It's partly Symphonia's fault that I've had such high standards for other Tales games and JRPGs in general: little competes with it.

6. Drakengard
    I'm drawn to weird things. There is nothing more fucked-up and batshit crazy than Drakengard. Incest, paedophilia, cannibalism and, of course, giant babies from another dimension. Because why not? This is just one giant clusterfuck of insanity. The world ends in pretty much every ending except for the one that leads to the awful second game. Stuff happens and you have absolutely no idea why, or what ELSE can go wrong. Best of all, it all has an explanation if you read the supplementary material, and that makes even LESS sense than it does in the game. The music is several classical pieces playing at the same time for the most part, leading to this thoroughly screwed-up symphony which is strangely atmospheric despite being a headache-inducing cacophony, and the gameplay is surprisingly addictive despite being a bit clunky at points. I worry about the sanity of the developers of this title. It also lead to NieR - which I believe I've already gone into extensive detail over - and the moderately good Drakengard 3, which had its moments. Drakengard is one of those games that is worth playing just for the sake of experiencing it, though, because there is nothing stranger or more disturbing out there. It's Nightmare Fuel: The Video Game.

7. Zettai Hero Project: Absolute Victory Unlosing Ranger vs. Darkdeath Evilman
    I doubt many people will have heard of this one. I recommend watching the official trailer, and then you'll probably see why this made my list instead of The Guided Fate Paradox, which my mind usually jumps to before I remember that it's a spiritual successor to this. This is another one of those NIS one-offs that turned out to be spectacularly brilliant. It plays out like a 90s superhero cartoon with all the trimmings, with that fantastic NIS brand of humour. It tells you right from the start that the game only has one battle sequence, yet it still lasts a terrifying number of hours. It's a game that feels like it was made for those of us who grew up with Power Rangers/Super Sentai, and it was localized very well indeed. A lot of games have made me laugh - most of them NIS titles - but I think this is the one that had me the most.

8. Resonance of Fate
    Another game that came out around the same as the awful FFXIII and got swept under the rug of obscurity. Resonance of Fate was a strange title which took me a long time - about a year and a half - to warm up to, because the learning curve was so bloody steep. The battle system was a natural evolution of Valkyrie Profile's - which I adored, although not quite enough to include it in my list - and brutally unforgiving of mistakes...in that if you made one, you might as well reload your save for all the good it would do. The game frequently threw curveballs at you by depriving you of party members, too. But despite the fact that the story took the entire damn game to make much sense, the relationship between the three protagonists made the game worth playing and paying attention to ("You want me on offense or defence?" "Leanne goes both ways? Good to know...") and spending so much time with them actually made me grow quite attached. The steampunk setting was refreshing, too.

9. Baten Kaitos: Neverending Wings and the Lost Ocean
    ...why am I putting this here? This was Temper Tantrum: The Game for me. I still have nightmares about facing The Trio. This game was UNFAIR. Brutally so. But I still loved it. After ToS, this was probably my favourite Gamecube title. The card battle system actually WORKED - something I don't think any other card-based JRPG can claim - and it was surprisingly fun and addictive...if cruel. The plot was slow to start but escalated to become something pretty spectacular and, awkward inclusion of the player and tinny voice acting aside, the cast wasn't bad either. The music is easily some of Sakuraba's finest, too. I'm just pissed we never got the second game over here, and that they haven't made another game in the series yet. A forgotten classic.

10. Final Fantasy Tactics: War of the Lions
    This should probably be higher up on the list, but the gameplay is far too basic for it to be truly exceptional, especially with the likes of Disgaea out there. The story, however, is easily on-par with the likes of FFXII, and earns it a place in my top ten. As a spinoff series, the Tactics series is better than the mothership FF series in my opinion, because there isn't a single bad instalment in it...the same of which cannot be said of the mothership titles. Ivalice has a complex and intriguing political history, and War of the Lions is a major chapter in it. The PSP remake also let you add Balthier to your party, which can never be a bad thing.

I feel so guilty for not including Star Ocean 4, Luminous Arc or Link's Awakening...oh well. Top 15 next time? xD

Last edited:
    Years
    • She/Her
    • Seen Nov 16, 2023
    1. Jet Set Radio Future
    2. Jet Set Radio
    3. Shovel Knight
    4. Mega Man 10
    5. Team Fortress 2
    6. Super Mario 64
    7. Pokemon Black / White
    8. Sonic Adventure
    9. Mother 3
    10. Castlevania III

Yukari

2. Xenoblade Chronicles
    3. Megaman X
    4. Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory
    5. Castlevania: Symphony of the Night
    6. Persona 3
    7. Bioshock
    8. Deus Ex
    9. 9 Hours 9 Persons 9 Doors
    10. Kingdom Hearts 2
    I think this list is, mostly, accurate. However my favorites tend to shift quite a bit depending on what I've been playing or the like. So this could be very different if I posted here, say, next week. I had a tough time picking whether or not Xenoblade or Final Fantasy 7 was my favorite game so maybe I'd have put that at number 1 instead. I'd go into more detail but I'm exhausted right now so you're gonna have to settle for a list.

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
    Years
  • 1. Persona 3 Portable
    2. Zero Escape: Virtue's Last Reward
    3. Persona 4 Golden
    4. 999
    5. Neptunia Victory
    6. Time and Eternity
    7. Trails in the Sky
    8. Atelier Ayesha
    9. SAO Hollow Fragment
    10. FF Type-0

Judge Mandolore Shepard

Spectre Agent
    Years
  • Hmm, coming up with a list of my top ten favorite video games is going to hard since I have more than one hundred video games. Course here are the ten I could think of:

10. The Sims Medieval
    9. Saints Row IV
    8. Lego Island
    7. Final Fantasy Type-0 HD
    6. Titanfall
    5. Pokemon Blue
    4. Star Wars Republic Commando
    3. Call of Duty World at War
    2. Halo 2
    1. Mass Effect 3

derozio

[b][color=red][font=helvetica][i]door-kun best boi
    Years
  • Dark Souls
    I don't understand people who think this game is unfairly hard. It is just punishing when you make a mistake. Just that. It is, without a doubt, 96% of the time you who has committed a mistake, though. So can't really blame the game for that. :p Rest of the 4% is when the game fucks up the hitboxes and attacks damage you without hitting you. But they're very rare.

Apart from that, it is probably one of the most perfect video games I've ever played. The world building is fucking fantastic - shortcuts, interconnected world, a world with an amazing backstory and decaying, dying features. The graphics are not jaw-droppingly good but the world and the armor and everything is so detailed and things so intricately crafted that it looks amazing anyway. And the gameplay. Good god, the variety of weapons and ways you can work with in order to defeat the monstrosities that you face is just astonishing. Boss battles are fantastic and the OST is just eargasmic. I love this game. Just love it.

Devil May Cry 3: Dante's Awakening
    This is perhaps the most stylish game I've ever played. And I love it to bits. Playing this game makes you feel like a badass. The soundtrack is great (although gets a little old by the time you've heard "the flinch in your eyes calls you a bluff" the millionth time lmao), the boss battles are some of the best EVER, the weapons variety is just right and the style system was very well used here. And, to boot, the story was actually pretty damn nice. Not the most well written one but one that kept me engaged, anyway. For me, it is THE action game that defined the genre for me.

Metal Gear Solid 2: Sons of Liberty
    While the gameplay itself isn't the best, the absolute mind-fuck I went through while completing the last parts of the game has made it an unforgettable experience that I'll remember forever. Its postmodern narrative and excellent story - those two aspect more than make up for the slightly clunky gameplay it possesses. Also, the large "lol you got trolled" by the game creator Hideo Kojima to the fans is part of why it is so memorable haha.

Assassin's Creed II
    Ezio Auditore da Firenze was a motherfucking badass. He was an amazing character who I formed a bond with over the entire course of his life. Playing with him and watching his story unfold was great. To top it off, seeing the game improve over its slightly clunky and repetitive prequel also made it a much better experience. The graphics were great for its time, the story was fantastic, Ezio is love and he's life and I still listen to "Ezio's family" every once in a while after all these years. Yes, it was a fantastic experience.

Portal 2
    Portal introduced some innovative concepts. But I thought that it was mostly a mish-mash of puzzles. Which it really was. But then Portal 2 comes and blows me away with an actually coherent story, interesting characters and a much more clever approach towards its puzzles. I'll never forget GlaDoS and the cake. Which was a lie. The cake, I mean. <3

...or was it? :3

Bulletstorm
    Most people wouldn't have this gem on their list. The story and characters were generic GOW style people and it had loads of barbaric men swearing their asses off. But the gameplay. The gameplay in this FPS was probably the first of its kind for me. The grappling electric whip, the sliding mechanics, ridding the enemies in bullets or blowing them up with shotgun in slow-motion, the variety of environmental kills and just, overall, how stylish it all was made it an amazing experience for me. I might not remember the story much but I'll never forget the fun I had playing through this one. A blast.

Spec Ops: The Line
    It doesn't have ground-breaking gameplay and is mostly a cover-based shooter. But it had a story that punched you in the gut and made you think. The twist at the end was one of the best I'd seen and made me fall in love with the game. Amazing experience.

Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain
    I wanted to keep this list free of multiple entries from the same series but...it is MGS, come on. You gotta cut me some slack here.

I'm still playing this game. I've spoiled myself the story though. Just saying, for those who'd say that I'm only putting it on the list because I don't know about the "disappointing ending" (I like it though tbh). Or the fact that HUGE chunks of the missions (at least 30% of the game) are missing from the game. That it is, simply put, an unfinished product. No, I do. STILL does not take away from the fact that this is one of the most fun and brilliant games I've ever played. The game is diverse and can be approached with any of its bazillion methods of approach. Like so:

You can infiltrate stealthily, you can infiltrate guns blazing, or call air support and bomb the place, snipe the hell outta everyone from a distance, ask your dog to bite off and distract the guards while you either suffocate them or ask info from them about your target, use tanks to get in and blow shit up, use a box and slide all over the place or use the box with pic of a hot girl and distract the guards and...like, you catch my drift, right? There are even new methods people are finding out right now as I write this - like, ever thought of throwing a smoke grenade in your own jeep and driving through the base without any issues while your enemies get all confused about where the smoke is coming from? All they see is a smoke cloud spreading smoke all over the place. THAT WORKS HERE!

Fantastic game. Much fun. Love it.

Ace Attorney
    The first game. Story was fantastic and the cases were brilliantly written. Rest of the games that followed were great too and I really enjoyed the series. <3;

Persona 3 Portable
    Definitely one of the most addictive games I've ever played. Definitely. Excellent cast, attractive art style, addictive pokemon-style gameplay combined with anime-style school life activities over the course of the day, amazing soundtrack and a good story make it a fantastic game to play - no matter who you are. I remember busting my ass trying to figure out how I can make Mitsuru my girlfriend. Good times, good times. :3

There. My top ten. Not in any order, though.

VanillaMiltank

GET SOME MILK
    Years
  • Ooh...I love making lists :P
    Here's mine:
    10. Jak And Daxter: The Precursor Legacy
    9. Rayman: Hoodlum Havoc
    8. LEGO Harry Potter: Years 5-7
    7. Little Big Planet 3
    6. Donkey Kong: Tropical Freeze
    5. Yoshi's Woolly World
    4. Pokemon: Alpha Sapphire
    3. Rayman Legends
    2. Mario Kart 8
    1. Bayonetta 2

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Sep 4, 2017
    1. Pokémon Emerald
    2. The Simpsons Hit and Run
    3. Sonic Adventure 2
    4. LOZ Majora's Mask
    5. Pokémon Mystery Dungeon-Explorers of Darkness
    6. Xenoblade Chronicles
    7. Super Mario 64 DS
    8. Metroid Prime 2 Echoes
    9. Need For Speed Underground 2
    10. Banjo Kazooie

Years
  • 10. Bomberman on GBA
    9. Harvest Moon: Friends of Mineral Town
    8. Grand Theft Auto IV
    7. Sonic Unleashed
    6. Super Smash Bros. 64
    5. MechAssault
    4. Pokemon Black 2
    3. Grand Theft Auto V
    2. Harvest Moon DS
    1. Kingdom Hearts II.5 HD Final Mix (At least, at the moment.)

Years
  • 10. Final Fantasy VIII
    Yes, 8. The one people a lot of people don't like. I happen to like all the characters and the story. (I'm a sucker for romance.) I also really liked the Junction system, even though a lot of others hated it.

9. Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain
    There are a ton of ways to do missions in this game, all of them super fun. Plus I just really love the Metal Gear series.

8. Donkey Kong Country
    I actually like 1 more than 2 mainly because of nostalgia. I'm pretty sure this was the first game I ever played. The snow levels sucked.

7. Persona 3
    Introduction to SMT/Persona. Very solid RPG with a fun time management system. The music is awesome.

6. Fire Emblem: Awakening
    This probably should be higher on my list. I love this game so much. The gameplay is solid, the characters are memorable and the story is top notch. And that ending ;___; almost had me in tears.

5. Red Dead Redemption
    I like RDR more than GTA. The Wild West is a fun place to roam and being an outlaw is awesome.

3. Kingdom Hearts II
    The first PS2 game that I was really obsessed with. I still play it all the time. FF x Disney <3

3. The Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker
    The most memorable Zelda game imo. The locations, characters, and story are all my favorites in the series.

2. The Last of Us
    Almost put this as 1st. This game is a masterpiece, and if you haven't played it yet, you really should.

1. The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
    I have an ungodly amount of hours put into this game. Every time I think I've seen/done everything, I find something new. This game is massive.

TY

Just posting top 10, explainations why will be there tomorrow!

10. Midnight Club: Los Angeles
    9. Unturned
    8. Age of Empires II
    7. Borderlands 2
    6. Terraria
    5. C&C Tiberian Sun
    4. Civilization V
    3. StarCraft II
    2. Destiny
    1. C&C Red Alert 2

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • 10. Tetris & Dr. Mario
    So I'm sure most of the people that go to the VGM room saw this one coming, lmao. For what it's worth, I'm not good at this game. Er, games. It's a compilation cart for SNES, not the two games separately. Anyway, I'm not good at TERITS or Dr. Mario or even Mixed Match, which is what it sounds like and it's on this cart. But I still have fun pretending I am! This was one of the first games I ever played and it still holds up. The music is also really bumpin' for a puzzle game. I always get up and twerk to the main title screen music. I wish I was lying to you.

9. Jak 3
    Also not a surprising choice. I love the whole series, but this is the best game in the series, imo. It takes the platforming from the first game and the third person shooting from the second and really makes something great out of it. It's not balls hard like the second game and the difficult is there, but not excruciating. Looking at you, Jak II. The whole series itself heavily impacted me before I even got to play it since it was something I always just had to eye with envy until I got my own copy. It's not even a deep game or anything, really. I guess it's a representation of getting to play something I missed out on and what could have been back then. But hey. And as for Jak himself, I've said enough about how he's my favorite video game character in the character thread, so I won't do it again here, haha.

8. Super Mario Bros. 3
    To be specific, the All-Stars version of this is my favorite. I didn't grow up with the NES version and I had the GBA port, but the All-Stars version is the one I always played, got the "toot", made words to the music, and died a lot in. This was the first game that I ever called my favorite and seeing as it's still in my top 10 is a true testament of time. The level design is great, the power-ups are fun, the worlds are unique, and the music is timeless.

7. Harvest Moon: A Wonderful Life
    I saw an article on this game in an issue of Nintendo Power and would read it all the time. It interested me enough into renting the game and my goal was to blaze through an in-game year in the five days I had it so that I could get married, haha. But I ended up enjoying it more than I thought I would and I still love this game. It's one of the most relaxing games I've ever played and definitely the most relaxing of this list. Renting it wasn't enough so I asked for my own copy for Christmas and then I no longer had to cram in time to play a full year and could go at my own pace, which is how it should be.

6. Kingdom Hearts: Birth By Sleep
    I didn't expect this game to knock Kingdom Hearts II off my top 10. Hell, more than knock. It grabbed KH2, threw it in the garbage, took it out to the dumpster, and let it rot. I still love you KH2. But really, this is definitely the most fun Kingdom Hearts game I've played. The battle system is so fluid and fun. I would grind for hours without really realizing that's what I was doing cause it was just so fun. All of the main characters were great, and I was really worried I wouldn't like them at all. I like that the game is split up between characters. It made me feel like I was accomplishing more and not taking so long to finish the game in its entirety...not that I was that happy when I did do so, but I never am.

5. Tales of Xillia/Tales of Xillia 2
    Speaking of things I didn't expect, I did not pick up this game and think it would mean so much to me, weigh so heavily on my heart, and become one of my favorite games. I did not expect to get so attached to the characters. None of them appealed to me on the cover art. But this game had a story to tell, characters that were totally different from their first appearance to their last, and fantastic gameplay. And for what it's worth, I'm putting the two together because the characters are basically all the same and the gameplay is as well. But if you haven't played Xillia, please make a point to do so. How this isn't some people's favorite Tales game is beyond me.

4. Chrono Trigger
    Considered one of the greatest RPGs and it definitely deserves that honor. The story is so compelling as well as the time travel. I couldn't wait to travel in time and see what era I'd end up in and what kind of people I would meet. The world of Chrono Trigger is just as compelling as its characters. And the music is so bomb that I actually made a point to get the physical soundtrack. I keep it in my car and I listen to it quite often. My absolute favorite VG soundtrack, period. This was a game I was sad to finish not because the ending was bad or anything, but because it was the end. And the first time through this game is great. If I could erase a game from my mind so that I could replay it for that full first-time experience, this would definitely be the one.

3. The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time
    I don't know what I could say about this game that hasn't already been said, so I'll just try to sum up my personal take on the game. I didn't play this until after Melee, which first introduced me to Zelda through playing as Link and Young Link and earning trophies. I would read the trophy description religiously and hope I could play one of the games soon. I'd read about the Water Temple and Shadow Temple and all of that and I'd wonder how exactly they looked and what went on there. So I had a lot of build up in my mind about this game and of course, it was nothing like what I thought, but I think just thinking about it on my own helped me appreciate the game even more and in my own unique way.

2. Pokemon Emerald
    There's always something refreshing about revisiting this game. I mean, I could revisit Hoenn in ORAS or the original RS, but Emerald amplified RS to something more and every time I play it, it feels like the first. Yeah, I know where to go and what to do with the Magma Emblem now, but the beginning of the game is as exciting to me now as it was when I was 12. I don't get tired of Hoenn at all. And while I enjoy all games that have Hoenn, Emerald is the best way to play it for me.

1. Mother 3
    I think this was the first game I ever played that took me on an emotional journey. Fills your heart, breaks it, builds it back up, then shatters it to pieces. I was upset for three days after I beat this game. So upset. But I had a damn good time getting to that point. The battle system is a lot of fun, the music is great and works well with the battle system (cause it's technically a part of it!), the characters are fun, and ngl maybe I'm crying thinking about this game. :') I played it five years ago and it's been my favorite ever since.

ソラ

Im gonna be the King of the Pirates
    Years
  • 10) Kingdom Hearts Birth By Sleep Final Mix - Now don't get me wrong, I loved this game, I was amazed at the deck system, the story, THE AMAZING voice acting, its on my ten spot cause there are more games I love than this one, But KHBBSFM is my 2nd Favorite Kingdom Hearts game. Im also grateful that KHBBSFM was brought on the console so you can play it like a console KH game!

9) Tales of Hearts R - I loved this game, probably my 2nd favorite Vita game, (I still dont own the English ver), I imported it cause I heard so much hype about this game when it was on DS, I also own the DS version now...lol. But I put this on my 9th favorite cause there are 3 other tales I love more, and there are other games on this list, I love the story, and the battle system, I also "Heart" the voicing. Shing voice actor is who im familiar with, NATSU! haha.

8) Persona 3 Portable - Now this is the game that started it all for the SMT series, mostly the Persona series. I remember spending hours on hours of this game, I still havent maxed all the S.links haha. But I love it, I still play it every now and then! 8th spot cause its my 2nd favorite Persona, the story, and acting are very well done, the battle system of turn based is just as amazing, with a hint of Persona 4 in it, I do enjoy the visual novel actually more than P3 - P3FES had.

7) Tales of Xillia 2 - Okay! I love TOX2, the story, and the new add on as in making choices, I love the story, the characters I LOVE THE CAT! (my wife has a cat that looks a lot like him, i make fun of my wifes cat too, she hates me for it cause I always point out its her cat! haha). I love controlling Ludger, probably one of my favorite tales protagonist. I am way overdue for a 2nd playthrough tho haha.

6) The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword - Okay, I wanted to put more Zelda in my list, in fact Majora's Mask 3D and OoT3D are my next two after Skyward Sword, so I want to shout out to them, why SS made the top of my list of Zelda games, and on my 6th spot. I never had the problem with the motion controls, I adored it, I had fun, and I was having fun hacking and slashing, I love Zelda's design, she was beyond beautiful to me, I loved you were in the sky, and i loved riding the big birdies! I was interested with Fi, I didnt find her annoying, I also enjoyed the music! I was in love with Skyloft too, the graphics (im not the graphic type of gamer, i have fun regardless on how the graphics looks) looked amazing!

5) Tales of Vesperia (PS3) - well well now this game was amazing, I loved the story, but my favorite part of this game was Patty, and heres why, her story made me FEEL! Her arc made me cry, and her arc made me feel sadness, but she is such a bright character too, she is a pirate too! I loved playing as Flynn as well, but Yuri topped it for me, he is one single bad-ass, which I feel like he was, the gameplay wise was awesome and ran on the same engine as my favorite Tales, which look at the 2nd spot haha.

4) Pokemon Soul Silver (or) Pokemon Silver - this isnt my first Pokemon Game. Pokemon Red was, but I had the most fun with this game, doesnt mean I didnt with Gen 1, but Gen 2 i looked forward to, Red and Blue I was introduced to the game by friends, Gen 2 I was reading about it! Pichu, Lugia were my favorite and still my favorite Pokemon.

3) Persona 4 Golden - Now, this game. I love the atmosphere, the characters, the mystery, and the dungeons, I love the typical P3 - P4 gameplay, i love the new additions, and of course, my favorite slink of them all..MARIE! :) this is my favorite Persona game, and my favorite vita game, also my 3rd fave game.

2) Tales of the Abyss - this game, ToGF got me into the series, but TotA hold such a special place, it got me DEEPER into the series, it made me love it, it made me love everything of Tales! The system was IMO one of the best, the story was outrageously good, the characters were amazing, (some may disagree, but lets agree to disagree), But this is my all time favorite Tales game, and my 2nd favorite all time game.

1) Kingdom Hearts 2 Final Mix - Now this is my favorite game of all time! It was my first Imported Japanese game from the PS2 days, where I got a japanese PS2 and Kingdom Hearts 2 Final Mix+ for my 17th birthday. it had everything I dreamed of in a KH game, Roxas fight, new form, new keyblades, new scenes, new optional boss, all the Organization XIII from CoM as in Absent Silhouettes, and all the Org. XIII in Data form even refights from the Kh2 bosses as harder. the post game is incredible! Also forgot to mention there is a new area to explore, Also Puzzle pieces. I am super glad they brought this over to the PS3, and in English! the HD is so beautiful! I think if KH3 may top this, but KH2FM been my favorite for nearly 10 years now. Also forgot to mention, Org. XIII mushroom mini game, and you can have a crown if you get all proofs!

anyways that is all my top 10 I had to think hard about it especially i never thought of my top ten, my top 5 was easy but 10 is hard I love all those games in my list!

jessluvstolaugh

Video game maniac
    Years
  • 10. Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past
    9. GTA V
    8. Star Fox 64
    7. Five Nights at Freddy's
    6. Pokemon Platinum
    5. Pokemon Black and White 2
    4. Pokemon ORAS
    3. Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time
    2. Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask

and...

1. Pokemon X and Y

Years
  • 1. Metroid Prime Wii
    2. Paper Mario: The Thousand-Year Door GCN
    3. Sonic Generations PS3
    4. 999: Nine Hours, Nine Persons, Nine Doors NDS
    5. Fire Emblem: Awakening 3DS
    6. Luigi's Mansion 2 3DS
    7. The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess Wii
    8. Etrian Odyssey Untold: The Millennium Girl 3DS
    9. Yoshi's Woolly World Wii U
    10. Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed Wii U

Nothing will top the Metroid Prime experience.

Back