• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Your Worst Pokemon moments ever!

Zero°

Mirai Nikki
    Years
    As the title says, this thread is about your worst moments regarding Pokemon games, for example:

When I was 9, my Pokemon Gold wouldn't save anymore. But I still played it because it's my favorite game. Anyways I went three days without sleep, I was playing it non-stop, trying to beat it. So on the third day, I finally got to the Elite Four, with all my Pokemon at Lvl 50-60. So my older cousin comes up and starts beating me up, and he punches the SP, and I hear my Pokemon Gold freeze up. Then I got mad at him and started to punch him, although it had no effect, then ran into my room and cried, I never played Gold ever since...

HamsterPants

Worm Trainer
    Years
    When I was a kid my little brother used to overwrite my games with characters by the name of "AAAAAAA", since that was the only letter of the alphabet that he recognized at the time. He did it about 6 times, and I beat him up about 6 times, but we get along now though. :P

BeachBoy

S P A R K of madness
    Years
    Thread regards Pocket Monster games? Cool, then it goes in General Pokémon Games.

hence why I'm moving it. o/

The Roshi

I must become stronger...
    Years
    My worst moment was actually in-game. In GSC I always used quilava and trained basically only it and like one other pokemon. (I was 9, didn't really care and it was easy enough to go through the game with bare minimum). Whitney was always a huge problem for me because she had that freaking miltank with rollout. One time it took me over an hour to beat her. After I finally won, I accidently bumped my hand (holding the gameboy) into my bed and the cartridge shifted... Had to do it again. I hate whitney.

Ayselipera

I had gotten so far... and then I dropped
    my gameboy and it froze...:(

Cheesymitten

Dukcs
    Years
    • Seen Jun 5, 2015
    Getting through the Elite 4 on a fake Leaf Green cartridge and getting very far, and then it suddenly deleting itself, i got angry at that :(

Years
    • Seen Jun 17, 2009
    I've done it on a number of occasions, but for instance. Playing Pokemon, breeding for natures and IVs or EV training. Etc. All that jazz, only to buy a new game for the DSi. So of course, I immediately want to start playing it, give it a whirl and give Pokemon a break. I'll forget to save and lose all that hard work. I have to sit down and will myself not to break my system. Any of you that know the time it takes to breed for natures and IVs know what I'm talking about.

I've gotten better at it though. I tend to save way more than I use too, but I rather over save then forget to save XD

Years
    • Seen Nov 24, 2010
    accidently released a Female Evee i needed...

12.5% chance of one coming from and egg, di you know that?

The Girl from the Well

~Call me Sadako or Samara~
    Years
    Going through Mt. Coronet on Pearl, and I encountered a Geodude. Now, it was no regular Geodude. It was a shiny! I felt really happy, so I lowered its health into the red zone. I got excited, and went to my Pokeballs. Then I realized...I didn't have any. I was so disappointed. =[

*Nayz*

a.k.a L_Judah
    Years
    I remember with my first play through on Red I was so close to completing the pokedex. Then one day I turned it on and I got the 'corrupted file' message. :(

Wings Don't Cry

Maybe she's born with it
    Years
    The first time I played my Pokemon Silver was in Japanese and I wasn't very good and I only used my Typholosion and I was at Vermillion and I wanted to test what everything did and I released my Typholosion

Camisado

a therapeutic chain of events
    Years
    Don't "corrupted file" messages usually mean you turned it off/did something to the cartridge when you were saving? =/

I have a habit of turning off my DS when I heal at a Pokémon Centre. For some reason I see it in that moment to be "Marina saved the game" or something like that, and then I turn it off and realise Dx

The most annoying thing that happens to me is when myself and a major character (like a gym leader, rival or Cyrus) are down to the last bits of health on our Pokémon, and he defeats me with some sort of haxx >>; or you think you're winning and they use a full restore, or you find that tank of a Pokémon actually has a Sitrus berry or something.

Fire Eagle

The Pokemon Legend
    Years
    My worst Pokemon moment was when I was attempting to catch an Absol at level 32 with fifty Ultra Balls. I would say that the Absol was really hard to catch for me, but when I used my hundredth Ultra Ball, I caught it.

jmadude

Keybledar43
    Years
    My worst pokemon time was when I found a shiny Ralts, after a while I had lowered it's health to yellow and couldn't capture the lv. 14 shiny Ralts. So I took my lv. 6 geodude to get its health to red and by some freak accident it was a critical hit.

Kazukii

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Dec 2, 2009
    When I had an obsession with pressing the power button my ds (original version) and then every now and then when I held it for too long, I'd lose everything <_<

Lance

Waah! I had to sell Leaf Green,but I put Emerald to mail! I losed my only over 70 lvl. team!

*Nayz*

a.k.a L_Judah
    Years
    Don't "corrupted file" messages usually mean you turned it off/did something to the cartridge when you were saving? =/

Not sure, but I wasn't crazy enough to do that(especially considering it says in caps not to).

cerulean15

♫Mysterious Melody♪
    Years
    I've had two, both on the same game. When I ran into my first shiny Pokemon, Poochyena, on Pokemon Ruby. I was so excited I lowered it to red. Bad part when I checked for pokeballs, I had none. Second mistake was I always saved before trying to catch Rayquaza. Since I was on a summer trip I forgot once after I had failed and Rayquaza had killed itself with struggle. I had got mad and flew out of Skypillar. I did some training at the Pokemon League, saving in between battles, and decided to go to Skypillar again, forgetting I had already lost my chance of Rayquaza. I finally remembered that Rayquaza killed itself and felt like kicking myself because I couldn't catch it ever again....that was until I heard of Emerald. Got me it now, but it stil hurts. Didn't play anymore after that happened.

Spira

Programmer for Pokemon Eternity
    Years
    • Seen Mar 4, 2023
    I remember with my first play through on Red I was so close to completing the pokedex. Then one day I turned it on and I got the 'corrupted file' message. :(
    LOL So nostalgic. I had similar issues before except with Blue, although it's the reason I made sure to not save when the battery is low anymore.

Back