• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Your WTF moments?

Years
    • Seen Mar 3, 2015
    The second gym leader fight. I had a fighting pokemon for the occassion of normal types so I used Sawk. I KO'ed her first pokemon easily. Then, her second kept using Hypnosis and then killing all my pokemon with Retaliate. She knocked out my level 18 Sawk, level 18 Servine, level 15 Lillipup, level 17 Panpour, and level 15 Audino. Audino got her pokemons health down to a small margin but all I had left was a level 10 Munna. Well, her pokemon attacked munna and munna attacked but there was little damage dealt since it was much weaker, this went on until munna had 2 hp and I thought for sure munna would faint next turn. Her pokemon missed and munna ko'ed it. I was really WTF since Sawk's fighting moves couldn't kill that pokemon for some reason but Munna did. o.O Every time the health went low she used potion or then it ate a berry.

Gulpin

poisonous
    Years
    • Seen Jan 16, 2017
    Only finding Gem's when searching for Drilbur d.d

Spiky-Eared Pichu

NDS Hacker/Researcher
    Years
    • Seen Oct 2, 2019
    My WTF moment was when I walked into the Electric Rock Cave for the first time. I walked like 30 steps and a Joltik appeared. The point of this? IT WAS SHINY.

Years
  • Hypnosis. When the computer uses it, it will hit you EVERY time.

The ferris wheel ride with N was absolutely pointless. Definitely a WTF moment.

No kidding.

"Hey man. Those people you're after? Oh yeah, I'm the leader. Just thought I'd let you know while we're alone."

Natester

Mostly a lurker
    Years
    • Age 38
    • Iowa
    • Seen Feb 17, 2017
    My WTF moment is when I caught Victini in a net ball and it was my only netball. Granted, it was at 1 hp and asleep but still, really unexpected.

Burzes

Salvation my name is WiFi!
    Years
    • Seen Dec 28, 2012
    I was battling Lenora for the 3rd time trying to win. Right after I KO'd her Herdier, I switched to my Dewott and her Watchog died a whole lot quicker. It didn't even use Retaliate.

GlitchCity

GlitchxCity
    Years
  • I flipped out when I found out that you cannot have the L=A option. My face was all like >:|

And I also freaked out when I only had 6 boxes in the PC. Who knew you would miss the basic stuff?

Burzes

Years
    • Seen Dec 28, 2012
    I flipped out when I found out that you cannot have the L=A option. My face was all like >:|

And I also freaked out when I only had 6 boxes in the PC. Who knew you would miss the basic stuff?

Yeah, and how are you supposed to capture all the pokemon when you only have a little less than 150 box slots?

Years
    • Seen Feb 24, 2012
    I think my main WTF moment came when I realize that everyone in this region is overwhelmingly generous. I don't think I've been given a free Pokemon (My Pansear), in...ever.

Years
  • Not much of a WTF moment, but in the beginning against Cheren and Bianca my Snivy wiped both of them them out with 3 Crits without even being touched. Such a beast. o3o

Years
    • Seen May 26, 2012
    Yeah, and how are you supposed to capture all the pokemon when you only have a little less than 150 box slots?

Once you catch more Pokémon, you gain more box slots, ending up with 24 boxes if you catch a lot of Pokémon.

Heather

Years
    • Seen Jul 17, 2021
    Mine was this morning when my Pokemon was poisoned during a battle and I didn't heal it. So afterwards I was walking around and there was no shaky screen, or lowering HP. Happy day!

Years
    • Seen Mar 7, 2011
    when i learned poke transfer needs 2 Ds's...... -_- ...............

Burzes

Years
    • Seen Dec 28, 2012
    I was battling a Scraggy I think.. it used Double Slap and my Dewott got hit 3 times instead of 2.

spike6958

TCG Collector
    Years
    • Age 35
    • UK
    • Seen Apr 30, 2021
    when i learned poke transfer needs 2 Ds's...... -_- ...............

My WTF moment is this post, seriously how could you not realize that you would need two DS consoles to do this transfer. You Pokemon are on one cart and the region you want to send them to is on another, how where you expecting them to get there?

My other WTF moment wasn't so much mine as it was my Mrs, she was trying to catch a Sandile for about an hour, she kept making them faint by accident and she kept getting more and more frustrated. But what annoyed her the most though was that in that time, I beat the 3rd gym, captured a Sandile AND a Scraggy and was almost finished with route 4, eventually she did manage to catch one, and from the look in her eyes if she hadn't caught it she would have attacked me XD.

adhdguitar

Newbie Pokémon Hacker
    Years
    • Seen Jan 16, 2015
    Just forgot, I did have a huge WTF moment. (But a good one.)

When N drove his whole freaking castle into the Elite Four's place, I was astounded.

Eurydice

`~♥Eury♥~'
    Years
  • my wtf moment was today when i went to the pokemon center and the lady there was like is today your birthday? happy birthday.
    i know its not all that great but i wasnt expecting it

Back