• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Your WTF moments?

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
Years
    • Age 8
    • +
    • Seen Sep 15, 2020
    I don't know if it's just me, but Lillipup seems awfully similar to its shiny sprite. :( Because I was only half paying attention to the game, I didn't really catch the start of the battle so if its animation sparkled or not, I wasn't sure of. I took a glimpse and really had thought it was a shiny, so I decided to catch it. Turns out...it wasn't. u_u

Ashberto7

★ Celebi ★
    Years
  • GTS is a Joke!

So I logged on to Gts today just to really have a look around at what was up to offer and about 80% of them wanted Lv5 Reshiram's and I was like WTF, theres no point putting it up there because there Not real unless there cloning useless pokemon, Your views on this?

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    So I logged on to Gts today just to really have a look around at what was up to offer and about 80% of them wanted Lv5 Reshiram's and I was like WTF, theres no point putting it up there because there Not real unless there cloning useless pokemon, Your views on this?

Merged with WTF Moments, because GTS trades as a whole is kinda covered by this thread and I don't think yours would stand while that one is around :( Though you can ask the moderator in Pokemon Gaming Central if you can make it there if you want.

Years
    • Seen Apr 14, 2011
    I brought down some pain on Cynthia with ONLY a level 85 Raichu. I don't know how, but Raichu was an unstoppable force :X Iron Tail, Dig, ThunderBolt, Volt Tackle-i don't think it should of been that easy.

Thus, wtf? :X

PrinceTrase

Make that sacrifice . . .
    Years
    • Seen Apr 22, 2011
    I was getting my butt kicked by a Lilligant. She kept using Teeter Dance and Quiver Dance and then used Energy Ball. Just bowled over 5 of my Pokemon. I was about to throw my DS down and cry. :(

Heart Gold

Jellicent Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Feb 6, 2012
    I was heading up Dragonspiral Tower and then Reshiram said "BURN BABY BURN!"

Years
    • Seen Apr 17, 2011
    Is it just me, or do the computer's lower than average accuracy attacks hit 99% of the time? I just had my entire team wiped out by four consecutive fire blasts. It seems like stone edge, rock slide etc. hit without fail, every single time.

Years
  • Is it just me, or do the computer's lower than average accuracy attacks hit 99% of the time? I just had my entire team wiped out by four consecutive fire blasts. It seems like stone edge, rock slide etc. hit without fail, every single time.

Trick of the mind. You will notice your own failures more often than success and your opponent's success more than their failures.

My WTF moment is when I was catching Ditto in the Giant Chasm. Whenever one would show up, I always switch out to Magikarp so it would be ridiculously easy to catch. Every time, it would take 6+ Ultra Balls/Net Balls/Repeat Balls to catch the darn thing. I know, >lv. 55+, but still.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    So last night I dreamed about getting a critical capture (hadn't got one in a while) and today I did. That's totally a wtf moment!

Impo

Playhouse Pokemon
    Years
  • When N said he was listening to my Pokemon's voices. I could imagine.

"Your Pokemon are talking to me.... They think you're fat."

Years
    • Seen Dec 16, 2016

Press the C-Gear logo on the top of the touchscreen to change that. I like how for guys it has like fireballs or something, and for girls it has hearts, bows, and flowers.
    who says it is for girls or boys ?

Years
    • Seen Apr 17, 2011
    Trick of the mind. You will notice your own failures more often than success and your opponent's success more than their failures.

Also known as confirmation bias. I've decided to take count of their success rate, and so far rock slide is 6/6, stone edge is 5/5.

Edit: stone edge is now 12/15, smack down is 2/2, rock slide is 13/13, rock throw is 3/3

Last edited:
    Years
  • i spent half a day training vanillish so i could defeat the last gym leader only to win without even using him. all i needed was sawk and cofagrigigigigigigiguss (spelling?)

Years
  • My major WTF moment would have to be when i went to catch zoroark i did not see the zoroark pokemon movie and i had my shiny suicune with me and the lady came running at me and it was a shiny suicune instead of zoroark i was like " what the hell"

Rai

Quarter Life Crisis! @.@
    Years
  • Maybe this is normal but it has never happended to me since I started playing pokemon all those years ago.

You know how the pokeball swivels three times before it clicks and the pokemon is caught? Well, I was in Chargestone Cave and I came across a Ferroseed. I weakened it and threw a pokeball.

No swivel, not even one, and it was caught. I threw it and CLICK! It was caught before I could blink. It was so weird.

Buggyo

I read the news today, oh boy.
    Years
  • Maybe this is normal but it has never happended to me since I started playing pokemon all those years ago.

You know how the pokeball swivels three times before it clicks and the pokemon is caught? Well, I was in Chargestone Cave and I came across a Ferroseed. I weakened it and threw a pokeball.

No swivel, not even one, and it was caught. I threw it and CLICK! It was caught before I could blink. It was so weird.

That totally freaked me out too. I think it's called a 'critical capture'?
    Weird.

NamelessGuy

<Insert Witty Title Here>
    Years
  • The first time I had a critical capture, I seriously wondered if my game was glitched or something. Then I consulted with Bulbapedia, and all was well.

Starrodkirby86

Das Kirby
    Years
  • Pretty much in playwright form.

[In N's Castle, where all the Gym Leaders are battling the sages]

*Leaves the castle to Opelucid City to train on a few Audinos*
    Myself: Hey, let's see if the Gym Leaders are still there!
    *Enters Drayden's house*
    Myself: Ohhh heyyy Drayden, nice to see you lounging it off when you're supposed to be defeating those sages :V

And, uh, yeah.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • I shared this a couple times already, but I caught Cobalion in the first Great Ball I threw at it. I didn't status it and I had no Dusk Balls.

Back