• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen You're just a quitter..

Legacy

The Living Legend
    Years
    • Seen Nov 16, 2009
    ..you've been better since I came along.

^ Props to anyone who knows those lyrics.

Anyway, onto the topic of Wi-Fi battling. I've had two battles today from people over at the Gamefaqs board, both people quit the battle just before I was about to win.

Battle 1:

Spoiler:

Battle 2:

Spoiler:

So, my question is: Have you had a cowardly opponent quit just as you were about to win just to avoid a blotch on their trainer record? Or, have you actually quit a battle just to keep your win:lose ratio in tact?

And I'm just wondering if there's anything we can do about it. I was thinking of naming and shaming people, but that only works on members of this site, really. :\

But, really, it's annoying as hell and incredibly pathetic. I wish Nintendo would've given an automatic loss for the player that disconnects during battle. Sure, it's a little cruel on the people who legitimately get disconnected, but it'd prevent the cowards from doing the same.

Legacy

The Living Legend
    Years
    • Seen Nov 16, 2009
    How did I cheat then? Come on then, genius, point out where I could have cheated from the battles I posted. I was cheating because I could kill a Glaceon and Gengar with one shot and a Drapion in two?

You know nothing, so shut up if you're just going to throw false accusations around.

Shift

Stolen from Wifiddle at Smogon
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2008
    I bet he could beat you without cheating (not saying you did)dugtrio's diglett.

And yeah, I've ran away from some battles. But never on Wi-Fi I haven't even battled yet.

Years
    • Seen Oct 29, 2007
    look in your signature... you said that you won 2 battles... when you really haven't won any...

you think ur good... but ur not
    lol... u make me laugh with how pathetic u r... wanna battle?

Legacy

The Living Legend
    Years
    • Seen Nov 16, 2009
    I bet he could beat you without cheating (not saying you did)dugtrio's diglett.

And yeah, I've ran away from some battles. But never on Wi-Fi I haven't even battled yet.
    What battles did you run away from if it wasn't on Wi-Fi? o_O
    look in your signature... you said that you won 2 battles... when you really haven't won any...

you think ur good... but ur not
    lol... u make me laugh with how pathetic u r... wanna battle?
    Read the first post, I was battling two people from the GameFaqs board, I wouldn't post that I beat them on a different board. My two wins on this board came against Hoshiko and diaoman yesterday. So get your facts straight please. Thanks.

I never once said I was good. In fact, read through some of my other posts and I repeatedly say that I'm quite inexperienced at online battling. Again, get your facts straight.

And, no, I don't wanna battle you. You make me cringe with embarrassment with how bad your grammar is. Please, stay in school. And I bet you're a cheat, given how you blindly accuse other people of cheating. Hiding something, perhaps?

Years
    • Seen Oct 29, 2007
    And, no, I don't wanna battle you. You make me cringe with embarrassment with how bad your grammar is. Please, stay in school. And I bet you're a cheat, given how you blindly accuse other people of cheating. Hiding something, perhaps?

lolololol... little scared?

Years
    Okay, break this fight up right now, or I will be forced to hand out some warnings.
    Also, dugtrio's diglet, four words in each post. And I hardly count "lololol" as a word.

Legacy

The Living Legend
    Years
    • Seen Nov 16, 2009
    lolololol... little scared?
    Fine, I'll battle you. Then we'll see who the real cheat.
    Okay, break this fight up right now, or I will be forced to hand out some warnings.
    Also, dugtrio's diglet, four words in each post. And I hardly count "lololol" as a word.
    I apologise, Nayana. Sometimes idiots get me too riled up. I'll try to be more reserved in the future.

TwilightBlade

All dreams are but another reality.
    Years
    Rofl, I ran away from my brother once... He was using hacked pokemon against me. He battled my friend and got owned though. 8D
    I don't battle any random people unless they're my friends and we're just playing around. So nah, I've never had any run from me before. I don't think it's cowardly... It's just a game. Go find someone else to play with. :S

Psi Yamaneko

Lunatic Pandora
    Years
    I've quit one battle by accident but on the forum where we challenged eachother admitted defeat.

My win lose ratio at this point must be 0:5

Yeah, I suck at this game. I can put up a decent challenge though. Sometimes.

Randomly should a Palkia of equal level (with all stats over 200) be able to take down another Palkia in one shot with Dragon Pulse? I'm honestly not sure. Neither of the two Palkias in this challenge were raised by me but it seemed odd. Same adversary Palkia K0ed a Mewtwo in just two shots, mostly eradicating it in the first move.

Cyan Goggles

Be-Goggled Wanderer
    Years
    • Seen Sep 8, 2010
    Did you have voice chat on?
    The second guy, it just sounded like maybe he needed to go, like he was going somewhere. Parents dragging him somewhere, or he had to go to a job, or something, ect, and if you didn't have voice chat on, he would have no way to tell you.
    The first guy, however, yeah, I see your point.
    However, I think it's fine the way it is, because, while there are cowards out there, there are way more peopl who just accidently get diconnected, or are pulled away by real life.

Edit- I thought of something. Maybe a better idea then putting one down for win, and the other for loss would be that the person who quits still doesn't have anything happen to his record, but you still record a win? I dunno, that just seems more fair for people who get kicked off their connection.

Last edited:
    Years
    I don't belive Legacy deserves any punishment for standing up to a troll.

On-topic: This kind of thing happened to me all the time in MKDS. I'd get half a lap ahead of beginners who don't know how to MT and they'd disconnect. I got to the point where I deliberately went easy on them (unless racing at least one other expert) just to keep them in the game. :D

I haven't battled anyone I didn't know in D/P yet, so this hasn't happened to me. I need to actually raise my competitive team before I challenge random players on chats. ;)

Inugami

Years
    Oh Yeah. My friend kept turning it off when I was close to winning. He had a Kyogre on red while I still had a Milotic and Blissey. That got on my nerves

Back