• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Your'e on fire!

Kazma

--
    Years
    Back when I had long hair, I got a chemical burn on my scalp. It wasn't too serious so I didn't go to the hospital or anything like that, but my head would randomly start to hurt for days after, and I couldn't wear hats or scratch at all.

I've had a curling iron slip (out of someone else's hand) and burn my ear. I've been scared of them ever since, and start shaking when I see one.

While trying to sit on the couch with a cup of ramen in one hand, I tilted too much to the side and burned the skin on my right thumb. Cold water didn't help, the skin turned dark, and a few days later began to harden. Then it started to peel. I still have a mark there, despite this happening about two months ago.

Timbjerr

[color=Indigo][i][b]T-o-X-i-C[/b][/i][/color]
    Years
    I've had a curling iron slip (out of someone else's hand) and burn my ear. I've been scared of them ever since, and start shaking when I see one.

This reminds me of something that I had completely forgotten about. XD

I have a large scar covering the top of my left foot that I've had since I could remember. According to my mom, I was fascinated with her curling iron when I was a toddler and would sneak into her room to turn it on and watch the little red light come on. On one occasion, she caught me playing with it and I, startled, dropped it on my foot. D:

It's a good thing I was too young to remember or else I'd be absolutely traumatized by now. XD

Steven

[i]h e l p[/i]
    Years
    ...no, seriously, you're on fire

Hopefully you haven't experienced this, cause it's a huge pain, but have you ever burned yourself/gotten burned? If so, when, where, and how bad was it? If not... consider yourselves lucky? D=

Damn typo, go burn

Everyone's gotten burned somehow.

I put my hand on the stove when I was little.
    Sunburns EVERYWHERE.
    While lighting candles Sunday I burnt my thumb.
    My friend's cigarette ashes flew out of their window, into mine, and burnt my cheek.

That's all I remember.

Hiidoran

[B]ohey[/B]
    Years
    My very first job was as a fry-cook at a fast food fish place, and almost every single thing we sold was fried in a vat of grease. There were five of them, and I swear I burned myself countless times in all five. I was doing great if I didn't burn myself somewhere at least once every other shift!

One time, I had this new guy working with me who thought it was a good idea to put flounder in with a batch of battered fish. Well, battered fish kinda... creates a lot of floating bits of batter at the top of the vat, and when the timer went off for the flounder to be removed, it was lost. Trying to save him from getting yelled at, I told him to hold the fish back while I sifted around with the scoop to find the now burning flounder fillet. Smart me didn't notice how far my fingers were on the scoop... and I put two of my fingers straight into the vat. Didn't go to the hospital, but my lazy managers finally broke out the burn ointment in the first aid kit that night. :\ Soooo glad I work in a more respectable and civilized place now.

Silver Soul of Johto

Journey's end
    Years
    • Seen Apr 10, 2016
    I've been burned a few times when I light a jarred candle but you have to tilt it a certian way because the wick is near the bottom D:

LilacArcanine

Aiber Enthusiast
    Years
    Brother spilt hot coffee on me when I was 3. Third degree burns across chest, only a comparitively small scar now. It turns red in the shower. It's nicknamed Mello.

King Gumball

Haven't been here for ages...
    Years
    I have gotten multiple small burns from cooking and poking hot things XD

Like 6 or so years ago I picked up a hot coal to put it in the fire that I knocked out like 2 hours before hand. I would have thought it cooled quicker XD

-Jared-

Certified Responsible Adult
    Years
    When we fry french fries, sometimes little drops of oil splatter on me, but not to bad. But there was once time when we were baking potato wedges in the oven, and I pulled them out and tried to use a spatula to scrape them off since they were sticking. To help, I pressed down on the baking sheet...without oven mitts on. Fortunately, it was only my thumb, and not my whole palm or anything, but it still hurt like heck. >__<

Years
    Holy crap i'm on fire!!!! D:
    Yep, first time was when i got sunburnt and then went on holiday i got huge blisters on my back D: like bigger than my head, no joke.
    freakishly hot day + holidaying somewhere with a warmer climate = BURN!
    All the other times have been whilst cooking and once while eating ¬.¬. All times it ended in blisters.

But i once knew a girl who got hot oil all over her face one. She actually looks quite pretty for someone who had 3'rd degree burns on her face.

aruchan

I resent the title beginner :D
    Years
    • Seen Oct 30, 2011
    I've never actually set myself on fire or gotten a serious burn, so I'm glad for that. ^_^

Years
    Growing up, we had bonfires out in the backyard all the time, and my brothers used to do all sorts of crazy tricks with fire. Being the little sister, I naturally tried to imitate them minus their secrets. I've been burned plenty.

I've also had electric shocks.

Back