• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Tool: You're scripted evolved into a pokescript

Status
Not open for further replies.

Irish Witch

Office Jenny
    Years
    Another New Command:
    This time a simple alias consisting of three commands.
    Code:
    special &h009F
    copyvar &h800A &h8004

Combined to create SelectPokemon.

Use with the last namepokemon example to rename any pokemon in your party!

Compared to the namepokemon command itself this one is a piece of cake!

D-Trogh

Dead
    Years
    Another New Command:
    This time a simple alias consisting of three commands.
    Code:
    special &h009F
    copyvar &h800A &h8004

Combined to create SelectPokemon.

Use with the last namepokemon example to rename any pokemon in your party!

Compared to the namepokemon command itself this one is a piece of cake!
    And.. will this work on FR/LG too ?
    To bad you focus on R/S.. some commands doesn't work properly on FR/LG :(
    I don't know about E, is that more like R/S or FR/LG ?

Irish Witch

Office Jenny
    Years
    Most everything should work between all of them. The command structure for all the programs are identical. All that was changed are the offsetts that things are stored at in the rom (cause of entirely different maps and scripts) and the behavior of the movement commands, rebattle techniques etc.
    The basic command set should be identical.

Meanwhle, the commands I make are from decompiling the code for sprites on the map and reverse engineering where possible. Both on my own merits(in the process of making my own hack) and from stuff given me from others. If you decompile something in fire-red and figure out how it works then by all means send it to me! We can build up a fire-red database that way.

- UPDATE 05/03/07 0751gmt+8-
    Found a tiny bug in bufrite caused when trying to re-assign offsets such as when old 0xoffsets were used in the script!

Last edited:

Irish Witch

Office Jenny
    Years
    MAJOR UPDATE - 5/3/7 1812GMT+8

monkey said:
    Iris Witch i come back to me question about that
    trainerbattlescript when i compile it and then opent the .buf it doesnt show me something to choose its just blank

Cuses and damn. I've just re-built part of the construct handler cause of this.
    The problem was that battlescript actually looses a pointer if the first parm shows certain values... It doesn't just zero out the pointer, it doesn't even write it. When compiling this means nothing but for decompiling it's a pain in the ass.
    ... anywho, I just created a method of binding commands together in response to values provided if you're script fixing that error. It works on the compile side right now but I still need to work on the decompiler!

akbd2006 said:
    and also could there be a feature to clear all the space being used be existing scripts.so that there is a massive amount of free space.

In bufrite there are now three options under the 'options' menu. These 'Fill' switches can be used to erase a script.
    Simply compile you're script, set a fill and burn!

in other words:
    Trainerbattle (mostly) fixed!
    Erase option added to bufrite!

*Effects both downloads*

Irish Witch

Office Jenny
    Years
    Personel Update

Last few weeks of the australian summer and god the days are hotter than it's been all summer..

Yesterday the temperature got up to 54C (apx 128F)
    as a result majority of people who don't have aircons are speding most of their time:
    - half naked in a pool
    - Half naked on the couch or
    - Fully dressed cause they have to work (curses!!!)

Aither way, not good conditions for a computer when you're flat isn't air conditioned. I tried to turn it on earlier today and it was running at nearly 80C (179F) so it stays off for the time being...

I promise to post as soon as I fixed the decompile side of the bug in my previous post!

Years
    • Seen Nov 1, 2010
    Ehm, my rom changed in a GBADVANCED file, and it's unpossible to use it in advancemap.
    Why is this? And how can i change it?

Years
    • Seen Jul 4, 2007
    Hmm it seems since ive downloaded the lastest update of the program and data base some of my old scripts wont burn properaly. they now freeze ingame.

the scripts work 100% before and i still have a backup of my mod with the scripts running it in.
    but i started from scratch and wanted to use the scripts ive allready made . and the game freezes when the scripts start.
    i think pokescript doesnt like applymovement anymore. :\ ??

help ?

Irish Witch

Office Jenny
    Years
    akbd2006:
    You know the drill. Send me the script with the movement scripts in it and the logs.
    I'm up to me elbows at the moment so I haven't had time to work much on the program (or my supposed next tutorial, although I finally have what I want to do organised).

But same, send it to me. I'll run through it and try to see what's happened.

Frank$sor:
    Eh??
    Advancedmap should still see the rom no matter what you do. You may have lost the file association (shouldn't happen, but possible) but if you open the file from within the program it should work.

The only reason your ROM should stop working is if you stuffed up the write somehow by using manual offsets the wrong way. ie: overwriting important data by accident.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Nov 1, 2010
    akbd2006:
    You know the drill. Send me the script with the movement scripts in it and the logs.
    I'm up to me elbows at the moment so I haven't had time to work much on the program (or my supposed next tutorial, although I finally have what I want to do organised).

Frank$sor:
    Eh??
    Advancedmap should still see the rom no matter what you do. You may have lost the file association (shouldn't happen, but possible) but if you open the file from within the program it should work.

The only reason your ROM should stop working is if you stuffed up the write somehow by using manual offsets the wrong way. ie: overwriting important data by accident.

Hmm, your right, i tested another rom ( same type ) and it worked.
    But there isn't a way to get my old rom back?

Irish Witch

Office Jenny
    Years
    akbd2006:

I just tested an old script that I'd tested for somebody (Not sure who any more).
    Uses movement data and the like and ran fine on the latest build.
    Script below.

Spoiler:

Years
    • Seen Jul 4, 2007
    Hey sorry for late reply ive been out all day.
    im using these as walkover scripts not talk to people script.
    none of these work even on a fresh rom.
    maybe theres somthing ive typed wrong ?
    Spoiler:

Spoiler:

D-Trogh

Dead
    Years
    I just tested an old script that I'd tested for somebody (Not sure who any more).
    Uses movement data and the like and ran fine on the latest build.
    Script below.

Spoiler:
    Well.. that script is mine ^^
    And indeed.. It worked :) But it wasn't complete..
    It's made for FR and has some R/S movements in it.. so not everything will work.

Years
    • Seen Jul 4, 2007
    Well.. that script is mine ^^
    And indeed.. It worked :) But it wasn't complete..
    It's made for FR and has some R/S movements in it.. so not everything will work.

the scripts i posted were for Ruby, incase that makes diffrence.

Irish Witch

Office Jenny
    Years
    It's not pausemove 20.
    it's pausemove 0
    Pausemove 0 will pause until ALL movement scripts have been processed.

Trueth is we're not totally sure about the pausemove function. It is believed that it can also be used to 'wait' until things like warps and movesprites etc have been processed fully so that code isn't missed as a result of them butthe only method fully tested is

pausemove 0 ' Wait for ALL applymovement scripts to finish!

Irish Witch

Office Jenny
    Years
    UPDATE 14/03/07 1521gmt+8

Finally found time and finished re-building the compiler / Decompiler.
    Update involves the database to make allowences for changes to the control structure.

Stable both for compile and Decompile....

Also note: Rinni tells me she has graphics for the site and will be updating during the next few weeks when she finds time between school.
    She also tells me the stucture of the site will be changing. Only the index page will remain where it is so if you bookmarked a different page and cant find it, goto the index!

Wuggles

Pokémon Omega
    Years
    • Seen Nov 4, 2013
    @IW
    the website doesn't work anymore for me :S
    some weeks ago he did

Irish Witch

Office Jenny
    Years
    I repeat!
    ------------
    Also note: Rinni tells me she has graphics for the site and will be updating during the next few weeks when she finds time between school.
    She also tells me the stucture of the site will be changing. Only the index page will remain where it is so if you bookmarked a different page and cant find it, goto the index!

peirau

Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Apr 12, 2013
    I got a problem...
    If i put 2 scripts in Pallet Town or anothere place they say strange things :S.

D-Trogh

Dead
    Years
    Yeah.. like this we really CAN'T help you..
    Maybe when you give those 2 scripts..

BTW, this doesn't really belong here.. there is a General Script Thread..
    Just ask your question there.. (Say it's a problem with PokéScript)

Irish Witch

Office Jenny
    Years
    Just letting you know that I'm going to be sitting a friends house for about a week so no internet access! Don't fret if I dont reply to any posts during this time!

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back