• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen You've got to be kidding...

Dark Penguin

[Insert text here]
    Years
    wow that really sucks. catch it and trade it off to another game (or your friends game) and then trade it back. if you can't, taht sucks. either way, though, thats just plain plain evil.

Years
    • Seen Jan 16, 2008
    Only shiny I've ever seen in Sapphire has been that poochyena. It's the random number generator's way of saying, "roflmao n00b," I think. It nearly resulted in one of those waranty-voiding accidents when it happened to me:)

Years
    OMG! That is just plain old cruelty to your eyes. x_X
    Meh, it takes forever to get a shiny starter Pokemon, but by that time, you'd have already seen a shiny Poochyena. XD
    But it's actually a good thing you saw it. That golden Poochyena is like the game's way of saying you're only a couple of tries to a shiny Treecko. Keep trying and ignore that shiny Poochyena. Man, it's horrible that you didn't have Pokeballs at the start of the game to catch it. >_>

Shuko

Atena, WIN!
    Years
    Moonlight Dreams said:
    OMG! That is just plain old cruelty to your eyes. x_X
    Meh, it takes forever to get a shiny starter Pokemon, but by that time, you'd have already seen a shiny Poochyena. XD
    But it's actually a good thing you saw it. That golden Poochyena is like the game's way of saying you're only a couple of tries to a shiny Treecko. Keep trying and ignore that shiny Poochyena. Man, it's horrible that you didn't have Pokeballs at the start of the game to catch it. >_>

You know, I actually looked in my bag to make sure I truly didn't have any. I thought, "well, maybe this is a special case, and they magically put one in there!" Needless to say, I hadda let that shiny go. ;_; I just realized something, tho. I should've put this post in the Shiny sticky up top. I hope I don't get in trouble for this... -_-; I just wanted to rant a little, lol.

Happy Dude

Queen of the DDC.
    Years
    Man that really sucks.Couldn't they of waited untill you had pokeballs.

anyway goodluck with your shiney treecko.

Eon-Rider

An "Original" PC Supporter
    Years
    komo1234 said:
    i dont understand,did your treeko not be shiney,then when you save prof birch the poochyena was shiney?
    Yep, that is exactly what she means.

the skate board kid

#1 Weezer Fan
    Years
    OMG, that sucks! Letting a shiny go is like saying "Sorry I can't make out with you *Thinks of hot girl* Lindsey Lohan." I remember I was gonna give up trying to get my shiny Charmander, but then I said " ten more tries!" on the 7th try, I got it. Two long Hard weeks of reseting my GBA. That sucks alot.

Rukairo

An expert spriter
    Years
    • Seen May 2, 2005
    In my Emerald I found a shiny Latios, It took 1 month of reseting my game to get Latios, and in 1 month, okay and a few hours, I finaly got it. I was shocked when it was a shiny, I was so happy when I caught it! Oh yeah and the really really really really really really really really weird part was it was a level 100! Weird huh?

Years
    • Age 40
    • FL
    • Seen Oct 4, 2005
    hey just think of it this way you almost had it and besides shines aren't that special when it come to stats or anything just weird colors if you squint your eyes really funny all pokemon look shiny :)

Shuko

Atena, WIN!
    Years
    Ares said:
    hey just think of it this way you almost had it and besides shines aren't that special when it come to stats or anything just weird colors if you squint your eyes really funny all pokemon look shiny :)

Yeah, you're right o' course. Unfortunately I've become a shiny maniac! :bandit: I will do whatever it takes to get shinies! Until this evening, that is, when I buy Emerald and start playing it, lol.

Back