• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Yu-Gi-Oh TCG Vs. Pokemon TCG Vs. Baseball Cards

What is best? Pokemon TCG, Yu-Gi-Oh, or Baseball Cards

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
    Years
    • Seen May 11, 2016
    They're both really, really fun. Dueling with Yu-Gi-Oh! is awesome, but putting together decks with Pokémon is better.​

Flamer

Transforming Tyrant
    Years
    • Seen Dec 6, 2009
    Pokemon cards wins hands down. Although Yu-Gi-Oh was the only one I actually played properlly, (Pokemon was too darn complicated for my 10 year old mind to handle) it was so much more fun collecting them, and since the only reason I ever liked getting these cards was simply to collect them, then yeah.

WolfWrath

*Questions your mental health*
    Years
    I like Yu Gi Oh cards the most, baseball cards are only for showing off, and I don't like baseball...the pokemon ones are cool,but all of the attacks and stuff, it confuses me.

Years
    Since there isn't a way to select multiples and there is no "Other" option, I chose the Pokemon TCG, and I actually do enjoy collecting baseball cards. I've become disinterested in Yu-Gi-Oh! because many of the older cards were banned because they were supposedly game-breakers.

On a side note, Magic: The Gathering is the best TCG ever made, and they've had 16 years to perfect the game, plus some practice when they helped Nintendo develop the Pokemon TCG.

VictorP1

Dialga Tamer
    Years
    Since there isn't a way to select multiples and there is no "Other" option, I chose the Pokemon TCG, and I actually do enjoy collecting baseball cards. I've become disinterested in Yu-Gi-Oh! because many of the older cards were banned because they were supposedly game-breakers.

On a side note, Magic: The Gathering is the best TCG ever made, and they've had 16 years to perfect the game, plus some practice when they helped Nintendo develop the Pokemon TCG.
    I never liked Yu-gi-oh either.

Åzurε

Shi-shi-shi-shaw!
    Years
    • Seen Jun 2, 2013
    Yes, YGO's more fun by proper rules, Yes, Decks are more fun to build in Pokemon, but remember this: Baseball's where the big moneys are.

kohei

Pizzaman.
    Years
    MTG, Yugioh and Pokemon tied, and Baseball cards at the end of my list.

I fail to see the fun of collecting baseball cards.
    I mean, they are sweaty men. In baseball uniforms. Swinging bats and throwing balls.
    I'd rather collect cards of cute, fluffy imaginary monsters rather than RL sports players.

Yugioh is still unbalanced (read; bad as a TCG) even to this day, but the games tend to be real quick, so it's nice to burn some time with it. Plus, you'll never have trouble finding players.

Pokemon is more balanced as a TCG, but I've strayed from it ever after they changed the card backings, and more so after the main format became half-decks. I still collect cards by illustrators I like though.

MtG gets top vote, simply because of the simple rules yet deep gameplay. I also like how WotC cares about the quality of the game, unlike Konami (though reprint of subpar Wrath of God in ZEN looks like a marketing ploy...)

dotKarma

FCs in Sig
    Years
    Magic is the best, hands down. Like other people said, it's simple, yet complex. Pokemon and YuGiOh are probably tied for me. I play Pokemon with my brother occasionally and YuGiOh casually with some friends before I play Legacy for Magic.

I see no point to any sports cards at all. What do you do other than gloat about getting something good?

Years
    I see no point to any sports cards at all. What do you do other than gloat about getting something good?

Being able to sell them for money later, having something for a favorite player to sign (if you have their card), and other things I'm too lazy to think up right now.

EDIT:
    Pokemon is more balanced as a TCG, but I've strayed from it ever after they changed the card backings, and more so after the main format became half-decks. I still collect cards by illustrators I like though.
    Oh, yeah... the ridiculous card backs from the Japanese sets. >_<

And... half-decks? You serious? It's always been 60 cards here in the States, so do you mean 30-card or 60?

Last edited:

kohei

Pizzaman.
    Years
    EDIT:
    Oh, yeah... the ridiculous card backs from the Japanese sets. >_<

And... half-decks? You serious? It's always been 60 cards here in the States, so do you mean 30-card or 60?
    Eh, I'm too used to the overpowered old sets. 4 Bills, 3~4 Prof. Oaks were the norm.
    I also remember how my old, ooollldddd cards from the initial printings didn't have any rarity symbols printed on them.

Apparently 60 card tournies still doe exist, but there's not much point in making 60 card decks, simply due to the fact that 30 card deck tournies are much more popular here.
    Quicker game time and being able to squeeze in more matching in tournies seems to be the reasons why.

dotKarma

FCs in Sig
    Years
    Being able to sell them for money later, having something for a favorite player to sign (if you have their card), and other things I'm too lazy to think up right now.

Oh yeah, never really thought about the resale value of them or about getting a favorite player to sign. Probably since I'm not really into sports that much myself.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back