• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Yu-GI-oH

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
    ^^; That's just another way of spelling it. Since the kanji for the anime is: 遊戯王

遊戯 is transliterated as "yuugi", and 王 is "ou". Put it together and you have Yuugiou. o.o It's also much faster than typing Yu-Gi-Oh! (Besides, I like refering to Japanese things since I prefer the original anyway. ^^;; )

And to answer your question, SJ often has a few pages dedicated to the cards. It also has strategies and "beat this scenario" pages. ^^;

Cherrim

Years
    ^_^;; It's really worth it to buy it... but there is swearing in almost every issue, so be forewarned if you've got strict parents or something. @_@

Greed

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Jul 7, 2008
    How much does it cost to subscribe? ^^;

And is there a site where I can subscribe? Please tell me ^-^ I wannie some manga comics! :)

*gets killed by dewgongs*

Jinona

Queen of Irror
    Years
    Lightning said:
    ^_^ Did anyone else hear about the manga finally introducing Yami's real name? *happyhappy* I've been running around saying it all day. XD
    What is Yami's real name anyway? I always thought it was just Yami.
    Did any one see todays second episode it was awsome even if I didn't see the first half of the two part episode. so the Big 5 are finally gone YAY!!! :D
    Has any one here seen what comes next after they are done at Alcatras(sp?) tower and the battle city tournement it looks so awsome and they are supposed to go to America :classic:

Cherrim

Years
    Yami's real name is: (highlight text below)

Atem

o_O; It's really short, which is kinda... weird. I dunno. XD I expected something longer, but at least a 4-letter name is easy to remember!

I think they're going to America in the next episode in Japan. o.o I watched the "in the next episode" thingy and I think I heard America. ^_^;; It has something to do with Kaiba Corp. I wish they'd just get to the Ancient Egyptian arc already, though. @_@;

Flaming Torchic

HalOWNED!
    Years
    I am a big fan of Yugioh, It is one of my favorite shows on KidsWB! I watch it every week and enjoy every episode, my favorite monster in that show is Black Skull Dragon, and my favorite duelist (other than Yugi) I Joey. Unfortunately they didn't show 2 new episode of Yugioh this week, how depressing :'(

Greed

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Jul 7, 2008
    I'm looking at the Shonen Jump site now, trying to subscribe of course! XD But I don't think my mom'd let me.. >__<; I guess I'll just have to tell her, maybe she'll accept it! Haha ha ha ha! *laughs nervously*

Ooooh! They also got Shaman King ^^;

Man, the things I do to get a frigging pic of Jonouchi O_o;;

*gets killed by comics*

NaVeR

That Guy from that Place
    Years
    it's just as, if not more, frustrating trying to get a good yugioh manga. there isn't even a shonen jump in korea, however we do get the individual manga and we're on volume 34 :P ...

Jinona

Queen of Irror
    Years
    Lightning said:
    Yami's real name is: (highlight text below)

Atem

o_O; It's really short, which is kinda... weird. I dunno. XD I expected something longer, but at least a 4-letter name is easy to remember!
    I didn't know that was actually his name I thought that was just a rumor cause I saw that posted the other day on Janime.

Cherrim

Years
    *squeals* I love your avatar, Jinona. XD It's so cute!!

I don't think it's a rumour. It seems pretty widely accepted by everyone... and it probably wouldn't be too hard to translate that part of the manga. (If anyone lives in Japan or has a subscription to the Japanese SJ.. scan it for me so I can try to translate? XD)

Cherrim

Years
    Different kind of translation? o_O;

I don't think "Atem" would be very hard to translate. It's probably in katakana, meaning it would be アテム if your browser allows you to read that. Anyone who has access to even a Japanese-English Dictionary can turn that into english. o.o

Cherrim

Years
    You might be talking about dialects... but it shouldn't make any difference in written literature such as manga. The Yuugiou manga is pretty straight-forward even in the kanji department because it uses furigana (which is basically the kanji written with the simpler kana next to or above it). It should be fairly easy to translate for a Japanese speaker or someone who's learning it. @_@

*notes that translating her Japanese YGO book is one of her hobbies* XD

Back