• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Discussion Z-Crystal Distribution Discussion

Years
  • (this is for the sake of expanding upon/fleshing out the Tapu Idea, just so we have something concrete)

I think if we still settled on a teams-based GT event, it'd probably be easier on Jake coding-wise since a similar concept was introduced like last year and (I believe Jake can correct me on this, but I'm not sure) he still has the script for awarding/deducting points etc, so thankfully (from the best of my understanding) we won't have to deviate too much from that. "Points" in this context can just be renamed Z-Crystals, but I don't know how much work it'd be to repurpose the points system to work for Z-crystal rewards

So, to sum things up:

2018 PokeCommunity Get-Together theme: Tapu Island Challenge!

The theme for this years Get Together is all about showcasing your Tapu Spirit! Compete with other Islands and represent your Island Guardian! Rewards for winning each of the events comes with winning Z-Crystals, so make sure to collect them all to win!

There are still a few caveats here that I think we need to work out, mainly:

• What about second/third place winners? Do we also give participation awards? Last year it was easier because it was points-based, but since we're talking about only 30-ish Z-Crystals, we might have to stick towards awarding only first place winners, perhaps?
    • An easier way to circumvent the above situation is to still use the points system, but make certain Z-Crystals worth a certain amount of points. So it would still follow the premise of "collect the most Z-Crystals" but rare Z-Crystals like Mewnium Z or whatever could be worth considerably more depending on the event than say, your standard Grassium Z. This would probably be the best way to go about solving the second/third place issue, but idk about participation rewards. What do you guys think?
    • If we agree on the above on making Z-Crystals worth a certain amount of points, then we need to come up with exactly how often the rare Z-Crystals are distributed, and what kind of events can distribute them, if they're worth more. Events like movie nights (and probably GT Dub, assuming that may be a thing) probably won't need this because you could just show up and get it, but an event that you'd actually have to work to win would be fun and healthily competitive.

Lets discuss! :O

Last edited:
    Years
  • Personally, I'm fine with only first place winning the Z-crystal. If we're really concerned though, by all means just do points. Honestly though, at that point calling the first place prize a Z-crystal is pretty pointless.

Years
    • she / they
    • Seen Jan 12, 2024
    I am also okay with only first place winning Z-crystals.

However, if it becomes a problem, then points just make the most sense.

Back